• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep Tudor - WHY?

Papa Legba

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/7/22
1. Yes
2. Yes

And would you care to give us the benefit of your EXPERTISE and specualte as to why this seller of luxury watches, would big-up the quality of the super clones fakes.

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
And would you care to give us the benefit of your EXPERTISE and specualte as to why this seller of luxury watches, would big-up the quality of the super clones fakes.

He’s not a seller though. He’s a video content creator hired by a watch dealer. His whole job is to get clicks and views, which incentivises hyperbole and terms like “superclone”. No knock on the guy behind the channel, he makes some cool content, but to suggest he is a dealer with vast industry experience is simply untrue.

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
So ....
1) You know more than an established expert.
2) You are implying that this man, who makes his living selling genuine luxury watches, is making it all up and is exaggerating the quality of these super clones.

1. The video guy isn’t an established expert on AAAAAA 1:1 super clones. There are plenty of members here who have forgotten more about reps (and gens) than the video guy will ever know.
2. No he wasn’t. He was demonstrating that he knows more about that rep than the video guy. As do many other members here. Rep buyers tend to be far, far more fussy than gen buyers. Because they’re buying reps, and want to know all the tells that can identify their watch as a rep. Gen owners don’t have to worry about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants

1. To show people how easily most people can pass the replica off as gen, more of a warning about knowing what you are buying and who you are buying from. If you buy from a reputable dealer, such as himself, then he makes the money and you get what you paid for and don't get ripped off.

2. It's youtube, he has a channel, he makes money from that. Sensationalize and drive more traffic. Duh?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

I think it’s more for your benefit. And I don’t have to speculate.

The video is made by Watchfinder and is aimed at the average, hapless WIS who can’t tell the difference and could end up getting scammed. So if they buy their watch from Watchfinder they’ll be safe.

And Watchfinder is owned by Richemont - so they emphasise fake Rolex watches.

edit - i should also say that the video was colour graded to make the Noob look closer to the gen. In real life the red on the Noob bezel is more brown.

Last edited:

Buythedip

Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
Here and there, but more there
My question was (slightly modified) Why pay £375 for a top grade Tudor clone when you can get a top grade Rolex clone for the same price?

For me Tudor as a brand is growing on me. Do I like it enough to go get a gen, probably not just yet. But there may come a time I fancy one in the collection, so I’d be happy to spent a few hundred to get a solid rep, to get a feel for it. Could end up getting a gen a month later, or the rep might end up for sale on here.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
He’s saying, why buy a poor mans Rolex (aka Tudor), when you can buy a rep Rolex (which is also a poor mans Rolex but says Rolex on the dial). Lol

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
For me Tudor as a brand is growing on me. Do I like it enough to go get a gen, probably not just yet. But there may come a time I fancy one in the collection, so I’d be happy to spent a few hundred to get a solid rep, to get a feel for it. Could end up getting a gen a month later, or the rep might end up for sale on here.

That's exactly what I did. I bought the 73950 replica and sold it a couple weeks later. I bought a used gen right after that. In fact, I have it on today.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
That's exactly what I did. I bought the 73950 replica and sold it a couple weeks later. I bought a used gen right after that. In fact, I have it on today.

I absolutely LOVE my latest Tudor.

Modern snowflake - Rolex does nothing remotely like this, so the whole 'poor man's rolex' trope is so incredibly dumb, it's actually painful to read on a forum.

34-E282-C7-3454-407-A-A925-58-AD50297311.jpg

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Anyone have a problem with me buying Hublot replicas?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Why buy a Tudor, because I like Tudors, what an inane question.

So ....
1) You know more than an established expert.
2) You are implying that this man, who makes his living selling genuine luxury watches, is making it all up and is exaggerating the quality of these super clones.

I know a lot more about reps than he does, yes. That is an every day bog stock Noobfacdtory GMT like any of the dealers sell not some rare and mythical SCG (whatever that is) and it has a bucket load of tells.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
No problem with Hublot but they didn't make something really new compared to AP. Gen Hublot have asian parts, so buying a rep Hublot is quite the same ;)

Reactions: TingelTangelTom

Papa Legba

INMATE
15/7/22
Why buy a Tudor, because I like Tudors, what an inane question.

I know a lot more about reps than he does, yes. That is an every day bog stock Noobfacdtory GMT like any of the dealers sell not some rare and mythical SCG (whatever that is) and it has a bucket load of tells.

Yes, it would have been inane if THAT had been the question, learn to read.

Papa Legba

INMATE
15/7/22
He’s saying, why buy a poor mans Rolex (aka Tudor), when you can buy a rep Rolex (which is also a poor mans Rolex but says Rolex on the dial). Lol

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Ah, somebody who can (almost) read, Yes that is (almost) exactly what I was asking. EXACTLY what I was asking was - Why Buy A rep Tudor when you can buy a rep Rolex for the same price.

Last edited:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yes, it would have been inane if THAT had been the question, learn to read.

Son, don't be rude. Not to me, not anyone or you can bugger off. It IS an inane question, it's stupid and implies that Rolex are in some way superior to Tudor simply because they cost more in the gen.

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Unreal sequence of circular reasonings, probably feeling like P..DR..D , dug to deep, in Italy you'd say climbing on mirrors...
Is sarcasm worse than presumptousness?

I think the yellow second to last sentence/line in trailboss99 "signature" may apply here....

Reactions: P..DR..D