• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep Tudor - WHY?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
My question was (slightly modified) Why pay £375 for a top grade Tudor clone when you can get a top grade Rolex clone for the same price?

LMAO , then i guess we should not buy Brietling reps either ...good point !

Papa Legba

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/7/22
That's like saying why pay for a top grade Rolex clone when you can get a top grade Patek clone for the same price.

Not quite the same actually, but nice try. I love Patek watches but I will not buy a replica because nobody I know would believe I would pay £60k (probably much more in today's market) for a watch, and they would be correct.

Reactions: Motorhead13

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
But if it’s just £375 why not just get both lol, that’s kind of the point of reps.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
My question was (slightly modified) Why pay £375 for a top grade Tudor clone when you can get a top grade Rolex clone for the same price?

That clarifies the question... Why buy chocolate ice cream when the "french" vanilla costs the same? Because that's what I like...

Everyone's taste and style is different... I'd take a Tudor Pelagos (blue) over a Rolex Sub anytime even if they were the same price... :matty:

I'm not sure why I even decided to reply to thiis thread... :daffy:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
so the cost of the reps should be proportinal to the value of the gens , in your opinion ?

Reactions: JimmyD750

Papa Legba

INMATE
15/7/22
That clarifies the question... Why buy chocolate ice cream when the "french" vanilla costs the same? Because that's what I like...

Everyone's taste and style is different... I'd take a Tudor Pelagos (blue) over a Rolex Sub anytime even if they were the same price... :matty:

I'm not sure why I even decided to reply to thiis thread... :daffy:

Ahh, So you're a Francophile.

Papa Legba

INMATE
15/7/22
so the cost of the reps should be proportinal to the value of the gens , in your opinion ?

Geez, more our of the ball park inferences, that is not remotely what my question implied, and I gave no opinions.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Not quite the same actually, but nice try. I love Patek watches but I will not buy a replica because nobody I know would believe I would pay £60k (probably much more in today's market) for a watch, and they would be correct.

So you are confused why someone would have a Tudor and a Rolex - in general? Head on over to TRF - there are hundreds of us there who have both.

Last edited:

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Geez, more our of the ball park inferences, that is not remotely what my question implied, and I gave no opinions.

What does your question imply? We're on page 4 and I don't think anyone understands.

BTW, the video you posted, even before I pushed play on the still frame, I knew which one was the rep in less than 2 seconds. It's still a very good replica, but as mentioned a couple pages back, they have some pretty noticeable tells if you know what you're looking at.

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
What does your question imply? We're on page 4 and I don't think anyone understands.

BTW, the video you posted, even before I pushed play on the still frame, I knew which one was the rep in less than 2 seconds. It's still a very good replica, but as mentioned a couple pages back, they have some pretty noticeable tells if you know what you're looking at.

How did you find it then?

Papa Legba

INMATE
15/7/22
Its a Noob GMT - it has a bucket load of flaws and a movement that would shit itself if you tried to change the time.

Wouldn't fool anyone who knew what they weren't looking at. Sorry.

So ....
1) You know more than an established expert.
2) You are implying that this man, who makes his living selling genuine luxury watches, is making it all up and is exaggerating the quality of these super clones.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It's not fantasy, these super clones are fooling watch dealers, the top factories are even cloning the machines that make the watches.

Oh hang on - so you’re just talking about the reps that we all already have watch boxes full of.

I’ll tell my TD to stand down. It’s okay, he was still trying to find his magnifying glass.

And as I said at the top, and others (those that didn’t find the question confusing, bless ‘em) have also pointed out - whether you buy a AAAAAA 1:1 super clone Rolex or Tudor is merely down to a matter of taste.

Or, you’ve bought all the Rolex super clones, and want to round out the collection with something inferior. Er I mean something a bit different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Papa Legba

INMATE
15/7/22

For the final time NO IMPLICATION WAS INTENDED, and I have had my answers.