• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep Tudor - WHY?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
SCG must be some new fangled Reddit lingo - I googled 'SCG Tudor' and it turns out its 'square crown guards'.

SCG are the current so called super clones, unless you are a true expert or have a gen handy for comparison (even then you need a magnifying glass and an expert eye) they are indistinguishable from the gen.

Link please? Thanks.

Last edited:

Papa Legba

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/7/22
I have 2 genuine Tudor's - a Black Bay 58 Blue, and a Pelagos FXD. Both of them are simply superb. Way better than any AAAAAAAAAAA SCG bullshit.

Here's one for you - not everyone wants to wear a Chinese fake. Even those of us with Chinese fakes have real watches as well. Sometimes they are a gift to us, other times they are simply an indulgence and a pleasure.

We all inhabit the real world so I can only comment on that. However, in any world a fake watch is only ever a fake watch.

So the premise of your post seems to be why would anyone ever buy a real watch - that's a weird one.

Wow, we are way OFF-MESSAGE here and your leap to assuming that I am questioning buying a real watch is wildly inaccurate. For your information I have two gen Rolex and a gen Santos. My submariner is pristine and I have only worn it a few times. I want an "SCG bullshit" replica as it will not be questioned by any body who knows me as they all know I own the real deal. Nothing new about that, people have been wearing their fake jewels for centuries with the real stuff safe at home.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Last edited:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Wow, we are way OFF-MESSAGE here and your leap to assuming that I am questioning buying a real watch is wildly inaccurate. For your information I have two gen Rolex and a gen Santos. My submariner is pristine and I have only worn it a few times. I want an "SCG bullshit" replica as it will not be questioned by any body who knows me as they all know I own the real deal. Nothing new about that, people have been wearing their fake jewels for centuries with the real stuff safe at home.

so what was the question again ?

Reactions: P..DR..D

Papa Legba

INMATE
15/7/22
I mean, can this even be possible? It sounds like we're entering the realms of pure fantasy.

I'm going to have to get my TD to drop everything else and go source me some SCGs pronto.

I'll let him know he's going to need a magnifying glass.

It's not fantasy, these super clones are fooling watch dealers, the top factories are even cloning the machines that make the watches.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
It's not fantasy, these super clones are fooling watch dealers, the top factories are even cloning the machines that make the watches.

but if they are the same price as gen (supposing they exist) why bother ?

Reactions: tripdog

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Last edited:

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Could you give an example of one of these “SCGs”? For example a link to where we can get one, or what factory produces them.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Papa Legba

INMATE
15/7/22
but if they are the same price as gen (supposing they exist) why bother ?

What? who said they were the same prive as a gen. They vary from about £325 for a datejust, about £375 for a Sub and about £450 for a daytona, box and papers are abour £30 on top. Geez, I though I was coming here to learn :)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
What? who said they were the same prive as a gen. They vary from about £325 for a datejust, about £375 for a Sub and about £450 for a daytona, box and papers are abour £30 on top. Geez, I thought I was coming here to learn :)

I'd love to see that £450 Daytona that even dealers can't tell the difference....

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
What? who said they were the same prive as a gen. They vary from about £325 for a datejust, about £375 for a Sub and about £450 for a daytona, box and papers are abour £30 on top. Geez, I though I was coming here to learn :)

i thought you did in your first post in this thread

Reactions: WingNut

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Rep Tudor - WHY?

15-07-22, 04:35

Here is something that is really puzzling me. If you are going to pay for an SCG super clone why oh why would you pay the same price for a TUDOR.

what rep tudor are you talking about ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa Legba

INMATE
15/7/22
so what was the question again ?

My question was (slightly modified) Why pay £375 for a top grade Tudor clone when you can get a top grade Rolex clone for the same price?