• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Released Clean 3285 Movement(from Dandong) Compared With GEN and Shanghai 3285 Movement

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Shanghai Watch Factory Company (it is the actual legal name, not just something it is called) is one of the oldest in China (although technically the old state-owned company was wound up in 1999 and reborn as a public company) having been established in 1955. Back then they did make watches but for some time now have concentrated on making movements. SWF were the first to produce the famous China Standard Movement,known in the rep game as the 21j (which can have anywhere from 17 to 31 jewels by the way). This is the movement that kicked off watch production in China. SWC also makes the 3L, the best version of the 7750 clone commonly found in rep chronographs as well as several other high-quality ETA clones including the pick of the 2836 clones as well as stuff like the current subject here although these (Rolex clones) are pretty much under the table and will not be found in the company's commercial catalogues.

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Shanghai Watch Factory Company (it is the actual legal name, not just something it is called) is one of the oldest in China (although technically the old state-owned company was wound up in 1999 and reborn as a public company) having been established in 1955. Back then they did make watches but for some time now have concentrated on making movements. SWF were the first to produce the famous China Standard Movement,known in the rep game as the 21j (which can have anywhere from 17 to 31 jewels by the way). This is the movement that kicked off watch production in China. SWC also makes the 3L, the best version of the 7750 clone commonly found in rep chronographs as well as several other high-quality ETA clones including the pick of the 2836 clones as well as stuff like the current subject here although these (Rolex clones) are pretty much under the table and will not be found in the company's commercial catalogues.
Another day, another learning. Thanks for clarifying!

Reactions: CTime

Mark1937

Respected Member
Certified
25/3/17
Does anyone know if this new CF case is different from both V1 and V2?

Mark1937

Respected Member
Certified
25/3/17
the diameter of the 3285 movement is wider than the 3185. I can confirm that the new clone 32 movement will not fit in the older CF cases built for the 31.

Reactions: AG91

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
What the fuck. This is completely the wrong thread, the wrong sub-forum.
best(fastest) would be GOOGLE.
Dude, why is it you are incapable of being polite? Seriously getting tired of your attitude to other members and it needs to stop, now.
Did it ever occur to you that he probably had both recent CTime movement threads open and asked in the wrong one?

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Dude, why is it you are incapable of being polite? Seriously getting tired of your attitude to other members and it needs to stop, now.
Did it ever occur to you that he probably had both recent CTime movement threads open and asked in the wrong one?
Indeed, did not came into my mind. Sorry.

Edit: Even though I must mention I did not eben know about the other thread since I am not surfing AP subforums every day.
I apologized as much as I can.

Last edited: