• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Released Clean 3285 Movement(from Dandong) Compared With GEN and Shanghai 3285 Movement

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
question I just got mine a few weeks ago and when you set the GMT say 6 hours ahead it for some reason does not hold and looses hours as the watch runs through the day,
I experience this with the older movement but I thought the new would be different and address the discrepancy?

Reactions: CCL088

gtageek

Getting To Know The Place
14/5/23
Los Angeles
question I just got mine a few weeks ago and when you set the GMT say 6 hours ahead it for some reason does not hold and looses hours as the watch runs through the day,
I experience this with the older movement but I thought the new would be different and address the discrepancy?
This should go for 24 hours around the dial, it’s not on 12 hours. You should set it to gmt time which is military time in 24 hour format.

icyberwatch

Tick Tock
Certified
1/3/20
USA - Cal
The video was taken down on YouTube. Does the clean or the Chinese movement both have the jumping hour hand like the gen while adjusting date and GMT.

Autobús

Conductor de Autobús
Patron
Certified
23/9/21
🇺🇸
The video was taken down on YouTube. Does the clean or the Chinese movement both have the jumping hour hand like the gen while adjusting date and GMT.
Yes. The DD3285 and SH3285 do this. Others do to but answer limited to the scope of this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: icyberwatch

Explorrertime

11/3/22
NL
So my DD3285 movement broke down yesterday. Short after purchase the handwinding function doesn’t work anymore, so it won’t wind by hand. Now the automatic wind doesn’t work anymore. Wearing or shaking the watch just get the second hand to move two seconds and stops again. Looks like the mainspring doesn’t store power anymore. Anyone on what to do?

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
So my DD3285 movement broke down yesterday. Short after purchase the handwinding function doesn’t work anymore, so it won’t wind by hand. Now the automatic wind doesn’t work anymore. Wearing or shaking the watch just get the second hand to move two seconds and stops again. Looks like the mainspring doesn’t store power anymore. Anyone on what to do?
You will need a watchsmith to have a look first

Explorrertime

11/3/22
NL
So I've tried it myself. Look like it solved the problem for now. Screwed the caseback open and removed the balance wheel, pulled out the crown pin to it's furthest position, placed it back, wind the movement by hand without the balance wheel installed and it came back to life. Installed the balance wheel and cleaned the caseback rubber and some other rubbish on the edges. Hand winding works fine, not sure if the balance wheel still does its job, we'll see.

Reactions: diamonds

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
So I've tried it myself. Look like it solved the problem for now. Screwed the caseback open and removed the balance wheel, pulled out the crown pin to it's furthest position, placed it back, wind the movement by hand without the balance wheel installed and it came back to life. Installed the balance wheel and cleaned the caseback rubber and some other rubbish on the edges. Hand winding works fine, not sure if the balance wheel still does its job, we'll see.
I hope you know what you are doing. Watchsmiths are professionals, not douchebags who just know what a skrewdriver is..

Reactions: Theodorius

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
Someone knows if Clean GMT hands for 3186 are good fit also on DD3285?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
13/3/16
I believe you're referring to the rotor, not the balance wheel. A watch cannot run if the balance is removed. The rotor works to wind the mainspring via the auto wind gearing.

Reactions: flogtwo and KJ2020

jeffm1000

Known Member
Certified
25/6/23
USA
I believe you're referring to the rotor, not the balance wheel. A watch cannot run if the balance is removed. The rotor works to wind the mainspring via the auto wind gearing.
I think he assembled it and it all works now. But I could be reading this wrong.

Reactions: Explorrertime

KacperK

Do not accept unsolicited offers
28/1/23
Poland
Someone knows if Clean GMT hands for 3186 are good fit also on DD3285?
Similar question (hopefully not too much off topic). Does anyone know whether the bracelet of the GMT Master 2 is exchangeable between C+F and Clean? Would like to switch a Jubilee between those two :)