• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Released Clean 3285 Movement(from Dandong) Compared With GEN and Shanghai 3285 Movement

Explorrertime

Getting To Know The Place
11/3/22
NL
If it sounds as you describe, then you really need to have a look inside. I’ve seen loose movement tabs and screws, rotor screws, bridge screws, etc, and you don’t want something like that getting into the gears or hairspring. If you don’t have a caseback tool then a ball of duct tape works for some people. Or take it to a local watchmaker. I wouldn’t recommend wearing the watch until you determine what’s causing the rattle. If it’s just the normal sound of the rotor then you’re ok. If it really sounds like shaking a can of paint, then you’re not.
Thanks for your reply. Make sense! I'll try to open it. Keep you guys posted!

Reactions: Autobús

apollo1965

Known Member
31/1/16
Just received my 126710 DD3285 today. It looks really stunning but I’m pretty disappointed about the movement. It rattles like crazy. The weight sounds like if you shake an aersol spray can. I can’t open it due the lack of equipment. Anybody else has this problem with their DD3285? The watch is working, anybody on what it could be?
Sounds like rotor might be loose

Explorrertime

11/3/22
NL
Try removing rotor in case screw is not installed correctly, which it looks like it maybe cross threaded
You were right. I just removed the screw and placed it back in again, now it fits tighter, could be better tho but much improvement here. Not sure for how long it going to stays on place. To be safe I'm going to ask my TD for a replacement screw. Thanks for all the help guys!

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
You were right. I just removed the screw and placed it back in again, now it fits tighter, could be better tho but much improvement here. Not sure for how long it going to stays on place. To be safe I'm going to ask my TD for a replacement screw. Thanks for all the help guys!
While waiting for the screw, order a 32xx rotor screw driver if you don't have one already. Good to have on hand in case things like this happen.

C$ 20.56 | Watch Repair Tool Screwdriver with Triangle Blade for 3235 Oscillating Weight Rotor Bearing

Hugg727

Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
NJ,USA
Just received my 126710 DD3285 today. It looks really stunning but I’m pretty disappointed about the movement. It rattles like crazy. The weight sounds like if you shake an aersol spray can. I can’t open it due the lack of equipment. Anybody else has this problem with their DD3285? The watch is working, anybody on what it could be?
Glad to see that you got this sorted out. I will open her up and also confirm that the screw is threaded properly and tight.

I also had an issue with mine....all working fine now but now I am concerned that they rushed this release. I know these are just reps but cross threads and parts falling out?

Reactions: Explorrertime

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
So I managed to screw the watch open by the tip of WatchSmith.US. The weight has more than 5mm of vertical play, that caused the noise. What can you do about this?
The screw at the center of the rotor is loose. It needs to be screwed down and flush with the rest of the rotor. Unfortunately the triangular socket in that center screw is proprietary so you’ll need to order a bespoke screw driver to screw it in properly. The screw driver linked by @CTbeforeLP is correct.

apollo1965

Known Member
31/1/16
Did the watch come with a screwdriver for the rotor as its a weird shape? asking as I have one in coming.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Did the watch come with a screwdriver for the rotor as its a weird shape? asking as I have one in coming.
No, they never do. You’ll need to purchase that separately. Got mine on Aliexpress.

Pure78

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
Certified
23/2/22
Should be 52 degrees because it’s based on the vr3235 which is based on the 3135 pallet fork design.
is it possible to replace the pallet fork of the vr3285 and install the 3235 pallet fork? What benefits can have and what disadvantages?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
13/3/16
is it possible to replace the pallet fork of the vr3285 and install the 3235 pallet fork? What benefits can have and what disadvantages?

I don’t have a vr3235 in front of me, but being that it’s a hybrid 3135 a 3235 pallet fork and escape wheel will not fit as they are vrry different design.

And FWIW I tested a gen 3235 pallet fork and escape wheel in a DD3285 and it works but amplitude suffers greatly. Possibly some jewel adjustment might fix if I have the time and energy someday.

Reactions: KJ2020 and dogwood