• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Released Clean 3285 Movement(from Dandong) Compared With GEN and Shanghai 3285 Movement

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Certified
13/5/16
I was referring to the 3 pin click ring

ASATGMURES

Getting To Know The Place
23/3/20
Romania
Here’s my timegraph of DD3285 QC, amplitude is not great, is this caused by bad mainspring? I’m not a genius on movements but does this mean it has lower power reserve?
the vsf 3235 and i expect also this dd3285 which come from vs3235 have lame amplitude, even under 200 more and more often from some time now

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Any chance to see this DD3285 on a Explorer II ?
A DD3285 movement version of the Explorer II would be an extremely compelling offer. But it seems like there are supply issues with Dandong Movement Factory supplying DD3285s to Clean Factory for the GMT Master IIs. Furthermore, we've heard that Clean Factory has exclusively purchased all of the DD3285 movements from the first two production runs, it means we're basically waiting for the Clean Factory version of the Explorer II. Let's all hope that Clean Factory Boss thinks that there's a big enough market for a top tier Explorer II that he is willing to invest in its production. Perhaps @CTime can let us know if there have been any rumors of a CF Exp II?

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
A DD3285 movement version of the Explorer II would be an extremely compelling offer. But it seems like there are supply issues with Dandong Movement Factory supplying DD3285s to Clean Factory for the GMT Master IIs. Furthermore, we've heard that Clean Factory has exclusively purchased all of the DD3285 movements from the first two production runs, it means we're basically waiting for the Clean Factory version of the Explorer II. Let's all hope that Clean Factory Boss thinks that there's a big enough market for a top tier Explorer II that he is willing to invest in its production. Perhaps @CTime can let us know if there have been any rumors of a CF Exp II?
Actually yes, they are waiting for Dandong factory to make the movement for Explorer-II, their 3285 are different in size.
Hopefully DD will finish the job by July as they promised, then Clean will release the new product.
As for how long... Clean thinks they will finish in a month, but what do we know, they may be slow as always haha.

scannab

Do not accept unsolicited offers
4/5/23
EU
Actually yes, they are waiting for Dandong factory to make the movement for Explorer-II, their 3285 are different in size.
Hopefully DD will finish the job by July as they promised, then Clean will release the new product.
As for how long... Clean thinks they will finish in a month, but what do we know, they may be slow as always haha.
So current DD3285 does not fit EXPII?

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I'm totaly brand new to all of this and have only been 100% happy with my service from CTime so far.

I'm at the quality control stage for my Pepsi and everything looks fantastic.

I'm not complaining at all, I know these are replicas, but other than the 'machining' effect missing on a few of the parts (randomly as far as I can tell) I really wonder why they haven't duplicated the font on the date properly?

Myrs noticed (and rightly so I think) the font is slightly 'bold' on the clean vs the gen.

This seems to be such a simple thing that Is so obvious when even just looking at the watch on the wrait that it amazes me they didn't get it right.

Again, I'm not comparing, it's a great watch for a great price and CTime have been fantastic... But why??

Such a simple thing to get perfect.

Just my opinion though and as I said, I'm the absolute opposite of an expert.

Paul.

Easy answer: v2, v3, v4.... there will never be a perfect rep since they wanna sell upgrades;)

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
So current DD3285 does not fit EXPII?
The gen 3285 movement comes in two date disc sizes (same as the 3235). The small diameter date disc 3285 is used in the GMT Master II (and the small date disc 3235 is used in the 41mm submariner). The large date disc 3285 is used in the explorer II (the large date disc 3235 is used in the DateJust41).

So… to answer your question, yes the DD3285 will fit in an Exp2 case, but if it doesn’t have a large diameter date seating and large diameter date disc, the date won’t appear under the date window in the dial.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
That’s very exciting news. Thanks for the detailed answer. I now know two things: 1) I will be waiting for the summer to buy a DD3285 explorer II, and 2) I will be buying it from @CTime

scannab

Do not accept unsolicited offers
4/5/23
EU
The gen 3285 movement comes in two date disc sizes (same as the 3235). The small diameter date disc 3285 is used in the GMT Master II (and the small date disc 3235 is used in the 41mm submariner). The large date disc 3285 is used in the explorer II (the large date disc 3235 is used in the DateJust41).

So… to answer your question, yes the DD3285 will fit in an Exp2 case, but if it doesn’t have a large diameter date seating and large diameter date disc, the date won’t appear under the date window in the dial.
Very clear, thank you!

Explorrertime

Getting To Know The Place
11/3/22
NL
Just received my 126710 DD3285 today. It looks really stunning but I’m pretty disappointed about the movement. It rattles like crazy. The weight sounds like if you shake an aersol spray can. I can’t open it due the lack of equipment. Anybody else has this problem with their DD3285? The watch is working, anybody on what it could be?

• Wow
Reactions: mcboom

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Just received my 126710 DD3285 today. It looks really stunning but I’m pretty disappointed about the movement. It rattles like crazy. The weight sounds like if you shake an aersol spray can. I can’t open it due the lack of equipment. Anybody else has this problem with their DD3285? The watch is working, anybody on what it could be?
Look here

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
13/3/16
If it sounds as you describe, then you really need to have a look inside. I’ve seen loose movement tabs and screws, rotor screws, bridge screws, etc, and you don’t want something like that getting into the gears or hairspring. If you don’t have a caseback tool then a ball of duct tape works for some people. Or take it to a local watchmaker. I wouldn’t recommend wearing the watch until you determine what’s causing the rattle. If it’s just the normal sound of the rotor then you’re ok. If it really sounds like shaking a can of paint, then you’re not.

Reactions: Explorrertime