• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Released Clean 3285 Movement(from Dandong) Compared With GEN and Shanghai 3285 Movement

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
+6 seems a lot or am I wrong? Did they provide movement pictures to verify the dd3285?
+6s/d is reasonable. The time grapher is more part of QC to show the health of the movement (the amplitude) than the regulation. The regulation will very likely shift during shipping as the watch gets bumped around. Also, when regulating a watch you want to look at the average of the rate across multiple positions (typically 5 positions) to get the average as close to zero as possible. Ultimately if you want to know the time, look at your phone, as long as you don’t need to reset your rep every few days, you’re doing well.

muaddib65

Getting To Know The Place
2/3/21
+6s/d is reasonable. The time grapher is more part of QC to show the health of the movement (the amplitude) than the regulation. The regulation will very likely shift during shipping as the watch gets bumped around. Also, when regulating a watch you want to look at the average of the rate across multiple positions (typically 5 positions) to get the average as close to zero as possible. Ultimately if you want to know the time, look at your phone, as long as you don’t need to reset your rep every few days, you’re doing well.
Great info! Thanks for that!

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
What is the last clasp code for the Jubilee please ?
I saw the 1 NQ for Oyster but what about the Jubilee ?

My Qc shows F6U

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like all the clasps now have STEEL INOX, there are examples of all 3 clasp codes

Y8C
F6U
1NQ

3Tu2c2.jpg

Last edited:

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Looks like all the clasps now have STEEL INOX, there are examples of all 3 clasp codes

Y8C
F6U
1NQ

3Tu2c2.jpg
Does that mean this "1NQ" is random code or that its same bracelet producer that produced for Noob Submariners back in the days? They where very nice quality already then.

@CTime You got me with this batch, thanks for your QCs.
Very happy with it and GL, waiting for arrivement.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Does that mean this "1NQ" is random code or that its same bracelet producer that produced for Noob Submariners back in the days? They where very nice quality already then.
No idea bro - these all look like a new batch or batches of clasps, just with different codes. Someone screwed up the engraving machine template is all. I haven't seen any mention of the bracelet changing, just the clasps.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China

@CTime You got me with this batch, thanks for your QCs.
Very happy with it and GL, waiting for arrivement.
F6U is for jubilee bracelet with 3285 movement
1NQ is for oyster bracelet with 3285 movement
Y8C is for oyster bracelet with 3186 movement

The bracelets are different from 3168 old batches
No idea bro - these all look like a new batch or batches of clasps, just with different codes. Someone screwed up the engraving machine template is all. I haven't seen any mention of the bracelet changing, just the clasps.

Pabby1980

Do not accept unsolicited offers
24/4/23
Shrewsbury
I'm totaly brand new to all of this and have only been 100% happy with my service from CTime so far.

I'm at the quality control stage for my Pepsi and everything looks fantastic.

I'm not complaining at all, I know these are replicas, but other than the 'machining' effect missing on a few of the parts (randomly as far as I can tell) I really wonder why they haven't duplicated the font on the date properly?

Myrs noticed (and rightly so I think) the font is slightly 'bold' on the clean vs the gen.

This seems to be such a simple thing that Is so obvious when even just looking at the watch on the wrait that it amazes me they didn't get it right.

Again, I'm not comparing, it's a great watch for a great price and CTime have been fantastic... But why??

Such a simple thing to get perfect.

Just my opinion though and as I said, I'm the absolute opposite of an expert.

Paul.

TimeIsGold

Getting To Know The Place
28/10/21
Can you repost the photo please. for some reason its not loading up. or is it just me?