• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Released Clean 3285 Movement(from Dandong) Compared With GEN and Shanghai 3285 Movement

Explorrertime

Getting To Know The Place
11/3/22
NL
Here’s my timegraph of DD3285 QC, amplitude is not great, is this caused by bad mainspring? I’m not a genius on movements but does this mean it has lower power reserve?

Reactions: Therion666

Rev-777

Do not accept unsolicited offers
10/2/23
Canada
Here’s my timegraph of DD3285 QC, amplitude is not great, is this caused by bad mainspring? I’m not a genius on movements but does this mean it has lower power reserve?
Ask if it’s fully wound and then for another shot of the timegrapher. It’s likely not.

NavNavT

4/3/22
The dedication to present this product to its most intricate details is exceptional.

I was on the fence to acquire a Clean GMT II BL/NR with the DD3285 movement, but now you did convince me to purchase it.

Looking forward doing business with you @CTime in a near future (end of May).

Keep up with the good work.

Cheers!

Reactions: CTime

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
The lift angle is set incorrectly on the time grapher for the DD3238. The lift angle should be set to 55 degrees for both the DD3285 and the VS3235 on which it is based. The lift angle is used to calculate the amplitude. Setting the lift angle too low (in this case 52 degrees rather than 55 degrees) will result in a calculated amplitude which is lower than the true amplitude. Ask your TD to provide you with a time grapher picture with the lift angle set to 55.

Edit: apparently it could also be 53 degrees. There’s some disagreement online about this.

Last edited:

altayd9

Getting To Know The Place
20/7/21
It's interesting, I ordered through a Chinese market dealer and it seems Chinese dealers haven't had access to it yet, and with that post about the batch for export only makes me wonder what's going on. Maybe today was the rumor so I'll check in and see.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
13/3/16
The lift angle is set incorrectly on the time grapher for the DD3238. The lift angle should be set to 55 degrees for both the DD3285 and the VS3235 on which it is based. The lift angle is used to calculate the amplitude. Setting the lift angle too low (in this case 52 degrees rather than 55 degrees) will result in a calculated amplitude which is lower than the true amplitude. Ask your TD to provide you with a time grapher picture with the lift angle set to 55.

Edit: apparently it could also be 53 degrees. There’s some disagreement online about this.
The WORD from RLX is it's 53° for 32xx movements.

Rev-777

10/2/23
Canada
Received my Clean DD3285 Batgirl yesterday. I’m a bit underwhelmed to be honest, here are my thoughts.

(I’m a recent new-comer to the rep world, having ‘only’ owned a gen 3570.50 Speedy for the past decade. I picked up a VSF 126610LN and VSF 122334/Jubilee and have had those for a few months. Obsessively been reading here, as one does, as well as RepTime/QC/Services to get as much info as possible.)

In comparison to the VSF reps, and the Sub Date in particular, the overall general finish of the 126710 is fairly nice.

In the hand, the CF Jubilee Y8C bracelet isn’t as refined feeling as the VSF. The click when fastening isn’t as confidence inspiring. Perhaps an oil bath is in order but I can see why they’ve updated this recently.

The bezel action is ‘just okay’, with quite a bit of backlash in the indexing. It does click to the next index positively enough to align with the number. Oddly, if you move it slowly it doesn’t align well, whereas if you move it quickly it indexes/aligns better. The 12 o’clock position probably has the most play and needs to be tweaked for proper alignment. I noticed a far superior design on here recently and hopefully CF (or ideally VSF in the future?) used this multi-ball design instead. I’ve never handled the gen version so my baseless comparison is just that. Mechanically though, I wouldn’t buy a gen version if it were like this.

The movement is my main concern. When unscrewing the crown, it does not spring out to the winding position nicely like the 3235s do. It makes you wonder if you’re even in the winding position. While winding it, it’s quite stiff and has a ratcheting clicks, unlike the 3235. The crown position movement between winding/hour adjust/hack+time adjust settings is stiff and not easily discernible.

The hour/date adjust is positive with no minute hand movement whatsoever, likely the best experience with this movement. The date changes with positive clicks to the next date and the DW itself is fairly good, though it has a bolder font than the VSFs. The “12” has a floating ‘2’. Again trying to change between crown positions is not ideal.

I use the ‘inward pressure/counterclockwise’ technique for screwing the crown back in. The crown tube threads feel chewy and the lack of finishing attention here is noticeable. Again, not smooth.

Overall, it still looks great on the wrist and the GMT complication is a nice addition. If my VSF Sub were a 9/10 (it’s seriously an awesome rep), my DJ41 a 8/10 [Rolex logo misaligned, lug shape, etc.], I’d rate this DD3285 CF 126710 a 6/10. That’s disappointing considering the price point.

This one will be off to Dogwood for a full service and hopefully that addresses the bezel and movement concerns. Thanks for reading.

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Certified
13/5/16
I've had a few CF GMTs and they all had the same things you mention: the crown isn't springy (a replacement crown fixes this) and the Bezel action isn't that great ( a gen bezel spring can help a lot). Yeah, kinda annoying that you would need to do these additional things given the base price of the watch.

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I've had a few CF GMTs and they all had the same things you mention: the crown isn't springy (a replacement crown fixes this) and the Bezel action isn't that great ( a gen bezel spring can help a lot). Yeah, kinda annoying that you would need to do these additional things given the base price of the watch.
Can you send the right gen crown code and bezel spring code?
I’ll buy both, already going under knife for gen crystal and date disc

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Certified
13/5/16
I don't remember the codes. I found the bezel spring code buried in the threads here and I used a leftover 704 crown I had lying around.

Rev-777

10/2/23
Canada
Thanks for the intel. I’ll look at doing the same. It’s a nice rep and I do like it, even if my little review doesn’t sound like it. It could just be much better, especially for OOTB.

If you happen to come across the part numbers I’d be keen to know as well.

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
QC approved!
3Xdhqn.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

53 is correct for the gen 32xx

55 is what I measured for the rep VS3235

VS3235 Lift Angle Measurement

Last edited: