• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release - Double Platinum Coated DJ41 Bezel

Deebo

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/23
England
Someone wrote that as long as we are creating some contrast between colour of the bezel, and colour of the case then it's all good. And I agree. If there's pretty contrast of anykind, then it's kind of mission complete in my mind.
How do you find the shape of the flutes? Better than vsf and cf?

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Mmn, I don't know that my opinion is the best tbh. I noticed that early CF bezels were too sharp and spikey in their flutes in my mind, so I'm a bit wary of them still even though they've been improved. I have never seen a clean bezel in the flesh though, because someone said they cannot be goldplated correctly like other stainless steel bezels all can and it instantly put me off. (I don't know if it's true or not of course ;))

But in my mind the VSF bezel is exactly the shape of my genuine whitegold bezel's flutes.

That photo you posted with gen and ARF bezels side by side: The two must look very similar in their shape if they are for 41mm DJ, right? (36mm ARF bezel is slightly wider than gen 36mm bezel though for sure). ARF do super lovely shaped flutes, imo.

Last edited:

Deebo

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/23
England
Mmn, I don't know that my opinion is the best tbh. I noticed that early CF bezels were too sharp and spikey in their flutes in my mind, so I'm a bit wary of them still even though they've been improved. I have never seen a clean bezel in the flesh though, because someone said they cannot be goldplated correctly like other stainless steel bezels all can and it instantly put me off. (I don't know if it's true or not of course ;))

But in my mind the VSF bezel is exactly the shape of my genuine whitegold bezel's flutes.

That photo you posted with gen and ARF bezels side by side: The two must look very similar in their shape if they are for 41mm DJ, right? (36mm ARF bezel is slightly wider than gen 36mm bezel though for sure). ARF do super lovely shaped flutes, imo.
The ones in the photo I uploaded were both 116234 bezels :) the 36mm vsf bezel is pretty awful to be honest! Do you own the xing bezel?? Here is a clean bezel I have but at certain angles the flutes look pretty bad

Deebo

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/23
England

Also could you upload a photo of you vsf bezel and gen side by side? :)

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
That’s nice of you to post, but without showing the two together in the same light at the same time by the same camera, color difference is impossible to discern.

Although you and I know what it looks like, the internet won’t get the full effect of the contrast.

Yolo9494

Certified
1/5/23
Uk
That’s nice of you to post, but without showing the two together in the same light at the same time by the same camera, color difference is impossible to discern.

Although you and I know what it looks like, the internet won’t get the full effect of the contrast.
Here’s a pic of the two side by side. Courtesy of another rwi member unfortunately I don’t remember their username. The sent to me on dm while back 🙏🙏
HLlD4F.jpeg

Deebo

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/23
England

I posted it more to show the shape of the flutes but hear nothing but good things about the colour

Reactions: Seadwellermike

pistick

I'm Unknown!!
18/8/23

What about when compared to the VVS Xing Platinum Bezel when compared to gen? I have it next to my CF and noticed the flutes come out longer when compared to my CF.

Reactions: Deebo

jacquy

26/9/18
Hi @Nikz19 just thinking laterally then…. If the platinum gives a good WG resemblance for colour and is cheaper and easier than WG plating. Is it better to plat double coat cases, buckles using this method rather than us going WG route on a full Daytona plating for example?
I think this is an excellent question. But no one has answered it yet.

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
14/5/18
I think this is an excellent question. But no one has answered it yet.

Rotfl.
There is no WG plating guys.
There is only platinum/rhodium plating.
Don’t belive in bullshit.

Reactions: GDorantes13

jacquy

26/9/18
Rotfl.
There is no WG plating guys.
There is only platinum/rhodium plating.
Don’t belive in bullshit.
I know brother, that was not the question asked. If I understood correctly, we were asking, if it was possible, to make the whole watch, with platinum /rhodium. not just the insert.

Fl0w77

Supporter
Certified
3/4/18
I know brother, that was not the question asked. If I understood correctly, we were asking, if it was possible, to make the whole watch, with platinum /rhodium. not just the insert.
a genuine datejust is made of 904l steel so why would you want it plated/made of plat/rhodium

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
a genuine datejust is made of 904l steel so why would you want it plated/made of plat/rhodium
I believe the newer model DJ SS have white gold bezels.