• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release - Double Platinum Coated DJ41 Bezel

daird

I'm Unknown!!
22/6/16
A bit off-topic but are there any TD's that will sell a clean Datejust with one of these and a deep crystal pre-installed?

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
White gold is not the same color as stainless steel so this is why people plate the bezel. White gold is not pure white, but a warmer off white creamy color. most everything you see advertised as white gold is really white gold thatā€™s rhodium plated to make it bright white. They even rhodium plate solid silver jewelry to make it bright white. There is no such thing as ā€œwhite gold platingā€ No matter what anyone tells you. it doesnt exist. They use rhodium Plating or something else entirely and call it white gold. In this case platinum.

Last edited:

McDuck888

šŸŒž
22/2/17
UK
A bit off-topic but are there any TD's that will sell a clean Datejust with one of these and a deep crystal pre-installed?
@daird I know that Steve TheOneWatches supplies the crystals for sale. And I have a small feeling he might install them too if asked for but I'm unsure.

Reactions: daird

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Steve will install Deep crystals. Iā€™m sure he can also install the bezel while heā€™s at it.

Reactions: daird

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Upgraded my beauty to xing bezel.. and i must say im impressed, good job

Now specs:
-clean factory case,dial and refinished , soften edges bracelet by myself
-Vsf vs 3235 serviced movement and vsf latest crystal with no distortion cyclops
-xing double plated bezel

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Double plated bezel arrived today and is amazing, the photos can't capture the real tone of the bezel. Definitely an upgrade compared to stock vsf or clean bezel

Reactions: xing_david

Deebo

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/23
England
Does the xing bezel have the best shape teeth out of cf and Vsf bezels?

Deebo

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/23
England
Upgraded my beauty to xing bezel.. and i must say im impressed, good job

Now specs:
-clean factory case,dial and refinished , soften edges bracelet by myself
-Vsf vs 3235 serviced movement and vsf latest crystal with no distortion cyclops
-xing double plated bezel
Canā€™t see the pics?

Reactions: Bobi01

Deebo

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/8/23
England
No, gen bezel is solid whitegold. There is no yellowing that ever happens. And the colourtone has no yellowish tones to begin with. You will only see yellowish colour tones imitating something as close to whitegold as possible on replica bezels that have been coated.
Sorry but I donā€™t agree. I have gen and rep fluted bezels and the gen does have a slight hint of yellow to it compare to the ss bezel.

Reactions: amatriciana

Yolo9494

Certified
1/5/23
Uk
By far the best rep bezel in shape and colorwise
Here is today photos
And some old
Sorry to intervene, I also have the xing bezel itā€™s definitely a big upgrade over the vsf one and the shape is on par with the gen. And the shine factor is so catchy. The only thing I notice is that yours has a warmer hue than mine, is the 41mm any different than the 36mm? Or is it just the lighting?
HA4cSF.jpeg

HA4Jmp.jpeg

McDuck888

šŸŒž
22/2/17
UK
@Yolo9494 I enjoy yours very much. It looks like what I'm used to seeing at the end of my arm on my genuine bezel watch. The other watch looks a tiny bit too twotone to my eyes, but that is most likely due to my rubbish computer's screen. I have a feeling I've said this before actually - and I was viewing on the same shoddy computer at the time for sure.

----------------

I guess there will be variations between plated bezels colour application hey.
Thank you both for the fantastic photos!! Two seriously gorgeous blue watches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deebo

Yolo9494

Certified
1/5/23
Uk
@Yolo9494 I enjoy yours very much. It looks like what I'm used to seeing at the end of my arm on my genuine bezel watch. The other watch looks a tiny bit too twotone to my eyes, but that is most likely due to my rubbish computer's screen. I have a feeling I've said this before actually - and I was viewing on the same shoddy computer at the time haha.
I guess there will be variations between plated bezels colour application hey. Thank you both for the fantastic photos!! Two gorgeous watches.
Yea in a way that gives it a more uniform aesthetic but itā€™s not very close to the gen. The gen is slightly two tone as well. I think in the 80s Rolex decided not to coat their bezels and they made a big marketing campaign out of the fact that ā€˜wonā€™t fadeā€™. Itā€™s genius innovation in its own right to make u coated white gold look so white. They made an alloy with silver and palladium etc but obviously they never revealed the exact composition. Either way, itā€™s still uncoated white gold and you can definitely see the warm hue of you look for it. Xing bezel is awesome overall in comparison, it only needs to be a little warmer then itā€™d pure perfection šŸ‘Œ

Reactions: Deebo and McDuck888

McDuck888

šŸŒž
22/2/17
UK
Yea in a way that gives it a more uniform aesthetic but itā€™s not very close to the gen. The gen is slightly two tone as well. I think in the 80s Rolex decided not to coat their bezels and they made a big marketing campaign out of the fact that ā€˜wonā€™t fadeā€™. Itā€™s genius innovation in its own right to make u coated white gold look so white. They made an alloy with silver and palladium etc but obviously they never revealed the exact composition. Either way, itā€™s still uncoated white gold and you can definitely see the warm hue of you look for it. Xing bezel is awesome overall in comparison, it only needs to be a little warmer then itā€™d pure perfection šŸ‘Œ
I understand. Cheers for your words.

McDuck888

šŸŒž
22/2/17
UK
Someone wrote that as long as we are creating some contrast between colour of the bezel, and colour of the case then it's all good. And I agree. If there's pretty contrast of anykind, then it's kind of mission complete in my mind.