• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release - Double Platinum Coated DJ41 Bezel

APlover_JFbankaccount

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/1/23
New York
Just received my bezel and xtal from Deep. Right off the bat the bezel color looks great, it has the yellowish tint of the gen and makes my CF bezel look like tin foil. The AR of the xtal is also very noticeable in comparison to the OOTB clean. Now if I can only find someone to install it 😂. I’ll update with better photos once installed but here’s a preview.

Reactions: ZMCoupe and Nur-Uhr

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Just received my bezel and xtal from Deep. Right off the bat the bezel color looks great, it has the yellowish tint of the gen and makes my CF bezel look like tin foil. The AR of the xtal is also very noticeable in comparison to the OOTB clean. Now if I can only find someone to install it 😂. I’ll update with better photos once installed but here’s a preview.

Really easy DIY. I’d never done a crystal or bezel install before but I did my first ones a few weeks ago, started on a Clean Wimbledon as well and it took me under 10 minutes and $50 worth of tools that paid for themselves after now having done a few crystal swaps.

Reactions: sagewatch

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
One is Xing, other is stock CF with WG plating.

sagewatch

Known Member
Certified
21/10/22
Really easy DIY. I’d never done a crystal or bezel install before but I did my first ones a few weeks ago, started on a Clean Wimbledon as well and it took me under 10 minutes and $50 worth of tools that paid for themselves after now having done a few crystal swaps.
@e1phantom fantastic, which tools did you end up going with?

Yolo9494

Certified
1/5/23
Uk
guys I’m fairly new here and may not have caught something. Apologies if it has been asked before.
How come it has a yellow tint if it’s platinum-plated? Can you ‘white gold’ plate something since white gold is not a single metal? If it’s platinum plated then it can’t have a yellow tint I just don’t get it

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
guys I’m fairly new here and may not have caught something. Apologies if it has been asked before.
How come it has a yellow tint if it’s platinum-plated? Can you ‘white gold’ plate something since white gold is not a single metal? If it’s platinum plated then it can’t have a yellow tint I just don’t get it
There is no direct translation for white gold in Chinese, so they use the term platinum. And it’s likely rhodium, but the point is that it mimics the warm color of Rolex’s white gold.

Reactions: Yolo9494

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Just received my bezel and xtal from Deep. Right off the bat the bezel color looks great, it has the yellowish tint of the gen and makes my CF bezel look like tin foil.
Your watch looks amazing and it is such a big treat to have a bezel plated a colour other than stainless for some spicy contrast, but the gen whitegold bezel has no hint of yellowish tint whatsoever. I do love that we have this option open to us though. Looks beautiful from the pics.

Last edited:

Yolo9494

Certified
1/5/23
Uk
Your watch looks amazing and it is such a big treat to have a bezel plated a colour other than stainless for some spicy contrast, but the gen whitegold bezel has no hint of yellowish tint whatsoever. I do love that we have this option open to us though. Looks beautiful from the pics.
I think it is a little yellow. Because white gold isn’t actually white unless it is coated with rhodium (or something). So the gen bezel will start yellowing as the coating rubs off.