• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release - Double Platinum Coated DJ41 Bezel

Yolo9494

Certified
1/5/23
Uk
There is no direct translation for white gold in Chinese, so they use the term platinum. And it’s likely rhodium, but the point is that it mimics the warm color of Rolex’s white gold.
Well they should be transparent on what the coating actually is. Platinum is more expensive than gold and if it’s not platinum then they shouldn’t market it as that.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I think it is a little yellow. Because white gold isn’t actually white unless it is coated with rhodium (or something). So the gen bezel will start yellowing as the coating rubs off.
No, gen bezel is solid whitegold. There is no yellowing that ever happens. And the colourtone has no yellowish tones to begin with. You will only see yellowish colour tones imitating something as close to whitegold as possible on replica bezels that have been coated.

Last edited:

Yolo9494

Certified
1/5/23
Uk
No, gen bezel is solid whitegold. There is no yellowing that ever happens. And the colourtone has no yellowish tones to begin with. You will only see yellowish colour tones imitating something as close to whitegold as possible on replica bezels that have been coated.
Far as I know, unlike platinum, white gold is not fully white. That’s why people prefer platinum jewellery over wg since the colour doesn’t fade.

Reactions: Deebo

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Far as I know, unlike platinum, white gold is not fully white. That’s why people prefer platinum jewellery over wg since the colour doesn’t fade.
Gen Rolex whitegold bezel is a rich grey. very warm.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
You need to remember the market we are working with here.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
The plated rep bezels look absolutely beautiful in their own right. I was just telling a dude there is no sign of yellow tones on gen as they'd suggested.
Sorry, I meant to reply to someone else. :p

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Well they should be transparent on what the coating actually is. Platinum is more expensive than gold and if it’s not platinum then they shouldn’t market it as that.
You need to remember the market we are dealing with.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
The plated rep bezels look absolutely beautiful in their own right. I was just telling a dude there is no sign of yellow tones on gen as they'd suggested.
The key is color temp and contrast, as noted previously.

The temp is RIGHT as is the contrast. That’s what impresses me.

It’s akin to my 116509 that’s been completely plated, it’s beautiful and I adore it. Color temp is warm, changes with the light but warm regardless.

Reactions: McDuck888

Yolo9494

Certified
1/5/23
Uk
The key is color temp and contrast, as noted previously.

The temp is RIGHT as is the contrast. That’s what impresses me.

It’s akin to my 116509 that’s been completely plated, it’s beautiful and I adore it. Color temp is warm, changes with the light but warm regardless.

Bro that’s not even a dj

Yolo9494

Certified
1/5/23
Uk
You don’t say. Read what I wrote.
I just don’t get it. Why deliberately make something that’s not the real thing look further from the real thing? If you like modding watches reps aren’t the best unless you’re frankening them. But I know it’s down to everyone’s taste, if you feel it do it.

APlover_JFbankaccount

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/1/23
New York
When I say yellowish tint I’m referring to the contrast in silver color that the gen has between the bezel and the case. Gen case is stainless steel and bezel is white gold and all that I’ve seen there is a difference in the silver tone to the metals. Rep has both stainless case and bezel resulting in a matching color then when compared to the new plated bezel makes for that visual difference in silver hues.

Just an observation I’ve had, If people see it differently maybe I’m colorblind and didn’t know it 🤷‍♂️ .

Reactions: Deebo

Yolo9494

Certified
1/5/23
Uk
I know why you don’t get it, let me help:

You’re wrong.

Get a gen, look at contrast in bezel and case.

Then come back.

Godspeed.
I was going by what @McDuck888 told me that the gen’s bezel doesn’t have a warm tone. I was thinking that there’s a contrast too and was considering getting the bezel.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@Yolo9494
What The France?!?! - I'd said the genuine bezel DOES have a warm tone, but the gen warm tone shows no yellow tint. It's a very warm grey.
I'd buy the darn rep plated bezel anyway because the contrast in colour is a lovely treat from the regular stock bezel on any rep watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karbon74

Yolo9494

Certified
1/5/23
Uk
@Yolo9494 What The France?!?! - I'd said the genuine bezel DOES have a warm tone, but the gen warm tone shows no yellow tint. It's a very warm grey.
I'd buy the darn rep plated bezel anyway because the contrast in colour is a lovely treat from the regular stock bezel on any rep watch.
Ok fair. I just equated yellow tint with warm tone.

Reactions: McDuck888