• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comprehensive Guide to Clone Movements Found in Rolex Reps

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
At least it’s not as bad as the “is a hotdog a sandwich?” debate… but at least in that case the chaos eventually brought forth a Grand Unified Theory of Food Identification:

Okay, so my takeaway from all that is that the 4130 movement is rice.

Seriously, though, OMFG! I think the world is ready for its 6th extinction event. But reps will endure!

Reactions: Autobús

WatchRacer

Horology Curious
11/4/24
Heartfelt thank you to all who keep this ship running tight. Amazing resources and gives me a true appreciation for what goes into this market.

Reactions: Autobús

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
22/9/22
EU
Kinda off topic but would you legendary @dogwood do a similar awesome list for Patek Philippe movements? Or is it too chaotic with all the reliability issues / uncertainty that surrounds the high end movements?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Reactions: asusundevils1971

repgirl

Horology Curious
6/8/22
I believe the latest version of the SH3285 has the same arms (beat and regulator) on the bridge that we used to differentiate between it and the DD3285. The guide might be due for an update.

This is probably true for the DD/SH3235 as well.

Also, what are your latest thoughts on the DD4131? I’m eager to see it disassembled.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I believe the latest version of the SH3285 has the same arms (beat and regulator) on the bridge that we used to differentiate between it and the DD3285. The guide might be due for an update.

This is probably true for the DD/SH3235 as well.

Also, what are your latest thoughts on the DD4131? I’m eager to see it disassembled.
Indeed. I’ve seen updates on the new SH outward facing arms. I think we’ll still have an easy way to differentiate but I’m waiting for TD pics of the new movements so I can update the guide.

Regarding the DD4131 that could refer to two things (see the naming conventions shit show section). I’ve seen TDs call a skeletonized SL-4801 (aka SK-4802) movement a “DD4131” found in the new SBF/VSF Daytonas. However, BTF has recently announced its 12-series Daytona with the true dd4131 inside. I’m waiting for pics on that new movement to do an update to the guide too.

Reactions: NOTT3

repgirl

Horology Curious
6/8/22
Indeed. I’ve seen updates on the new SH outward facing arms. I think we’ll still have an easy way to differentiate but I’m waiting for TD pics of the new movements so I can update the guide.

Regarding the DD4131 that could refer to two things (see the naming conventions shit show section). I’ve seen TDs call a skeletonized SL-4801 (aka SK-4802) movement a “DD4131” found in the new SBF/VSF Daytonas. However, BTF has recently announced its 12-series Daytona with the true dd4131 inside. I’m waiting for pics on that new movement to do an update to the guide too.
Thanks! I'm referring to the actual 4131 that can be found inside the new BTF. I'm here hoping we'd had a successor to the legendary DD4130

Reactions: NOTT3

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Thanks! I'm referring to the actual 4131 that can be found inside the new BTF. I'm here hoping we'd had a successor to the legendary DD4130
You and me both! Although I’ve serviced an SH4131 and it wasn’t bad other than the lack of shock settings on the escape wheel and the super annoying decoration plate on the balance bridge.

ToxicManChowder

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/5/24
Hermosa Beach, California
New to the group, what a terrific resource! I'm trying to understand the diff between SH4131 and whats inside the BTF being discussed here. Of course, being new as well, locating the TDs that are selling these various movements is also a connect the dots process I'm still struggling with...

;-)

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
New to the group, what a terrific resource! I'm trying to understand the diff between SH4131 and whats inside the BTF being discussed here. Of course, being new as well, locating the TDs that are selling these various movements is also a connect the dots process I'm still struggling with...

;-)

EDIT: Information from this post has now been added to the original post, so I'm deleting it from here for the sake of having a single point of truth to maintain going forward.

Last edited:

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Maybe a suggestion, you can edit your Post #3 on the front page if there's a word limit so you can keep everything on the first page? Either way, thank you for keeping this updated and alive!

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Maybe a suggestion, you can edit your Post #3 on the front page if there's a word limit so you can keep everything on the first page? Either way, thank you for keeping this updated and alive!

I’ve been searching through the Xenforo support forums for similar errors and I have a few leads about potential PHP client side issues that I’m gonna try to track down in my browser console later today (I’m currently on mobile so not ideal for scrolling through logs). Fingers crossed I’ll be able to figure it out.