• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
You're absolutely right. And still, this is what we're doing in this thread over and over again. lol

Reactions: Hussain1986

Markaplan

Gold Patron
Certified
9/10/20
Hello. I have a V1 clean Pepsi with GEN hands, DW and Crystal.
I bought the V2 because I love the new color.
I took it to a watchmaker in Dubai so he can remove all the Gen parts from the V1 and put them on the V2. He said they do not fit.
He even said the size of the crystal is different from the V1 (Gen Crystal) and the V2 stock crystal. He said it there is a very small difference but it will not fit.
From my understanding both clean V1 and V2 are exactly the same except for the crystal.
I don’t trust this watchmaker.
Can some one advise me please?
Thank you.

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
I took it to a watchmaker in Dubai so he can remove all the Gen parts from the V1 and put them on the V2. He said they do not fit.
He even said the size of the crystal is different from the V1 (Gen Crystal) and the V2 stock crystal. He said it there is a very small difference but it will not fit.
From my understanding both clean V1 and V2 are exactly the same except for the crystal.
Thank you.
Hands and crystal should fit 💯.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I like the fact that when a user shares his new watch here, he's not reeeally sure what version he has recieved...

...And even if he does, were're not really sure about what that version means :LOL:

I hope @CTime will shares the latest vX and vXs versions pics and let us know whatta h*ll is avail right now beacuse Im not gonna order until this version-shitstorm has settled down

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Thank you.
you have to change watchmaker...only the DW will not fit the DD3285 movement

Reactions: AG91 and mini88

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
so which versions do i have? lol. the one on the right i got from hont in november, the one on the left i got from ctime in december.

i wish there was a hybrid of the two (is there?). i like the purple-ish blue of the one on the right, but obviously the deeper red of the one on the left.

Reactions: mmaggi

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21
so which versions do i have? lol. the one on the right i got from hont in november, the one on the left i got from ctime in december.

i wish there was a hybrid of the two (is there?). i like the purple-ish blue of the one on the right, but obviously the deeper red of the one on the left.

Get a photo of the L6V6 engraving on the rehaut. Might be the 'fake' clean with a 3186 movement.

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
There were some 'fake' cleans going around where it was Xing bezel installed on a DD3186 movement I think.

By the looks of the hideous platinum filled 6, that's Xing.
shit, it’s been almost a month sonce i got this from him, i hope he takes care of it. does the serial font look fake?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: CTime and Mkempes

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
nvm, it’s a fake 🤦‍♂️. hope hont takes care of this mess

mini88

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
on a side note, the fake clean seems to have better date magnification, but the date font is still too thick.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
The colors on the bezel are fine as long as you get what you ask for and approve in QC. What would bother me most is the poor quality of the font filling.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Has anyone pictures of how the date/cyclops looks when the gasket has been decreased/sanded. As stock looks, the glass is a bit high up

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
@derjenigewelcher remember my post and your response? Below are classic examples of why sometimes you should not even trust your TDs and that you should always do your own homework before issuing GLs🤣
Well mate these stickers can be bought on the market in sets. so this watch may be whatever it may be, but no CF. Thats the Reason we (and you) should buy at TDs place and not at wechat dealers for 30% less;)

I have ordered CF GMT Pepsi with V2 insert and oyster bracelet and my dealer has presented this interesting piece. The watch is turned to be a fake CF Pepsi (check movement pic below) but I say it is interesting because of the following reasons:
1- Correct CF bracelet code (1NQ)
2- Correct CF SN on Rehaut ends with L6V6
3- V2 insert which completely turns red under UV light!!

Thought to post my findings here so the community is aware!

I just got my supposed CF DD3285 Pepsi with the latest bezel insert from Hont.

What I got was a VR 3285 movement, and a Xing Pepsi insert. Still looking into the insert to confirm it's Xing...

Sad.

The numbers on the insert on the blue side, have a darker shade similar to the Xing bezels. Where as the CF inserts do not show a darker shade on the blue side of the insert.

i got that from hont, you think he would sell a fake?

shit, it’s been almost a month sonce i got this from him, i hope he takes care of it. does the serial font look fake?

Reactions: CTime