• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

DzR-ALF

21/3/23
Russian Federation
Clean needs to differentiate and provide a some type of designation on their insert versions so buyers will know what to order and know exactly what they're getting, without having to wonder, guess, or makes posts asking "Which version did I receive?"
Ideally, it would be divided by serial numbers. For example, Y2L3 - V3, L6V6 - V3s

Reactions: diamonds

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
This insert looks so nice in my opinion.
Yeah I liked it too. I’m by no means an expert and it may look different IRL. At this stage, I think we are just buying colour tones we like until clean settle down a little :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: mmaggi

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Ideally, it would be divided by serial numbers. For example, Y2L3 - V3, L6V6 - V3s
Great idea!!
That's something that could be easily implemented and would solve all the guesswork from both TDs and buyers.

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
i orderd with c-time
he said it was the latest V3,about the serial nr dont know if mine is a earlier number or a new number
maybe someone can confirm about the bezel and serie number

Hussain1986

Known Member
11/3/21
Hi members!

After months of hard working, Clean has finally brought us this updated/color-corrected Pepsi bezel with red tone under UV light.

The most obvious update must be the red part of the insert, we used to consider Clean’s V1 insert a bit too red than gen, it’s because Clean only improved the polishing and fillers from old Noob factory back then. Now the V2 has improved the color, it’s slightly pinky, and will turn red under UV light. The triangle on the 12’o get rounder corners, and the future dial markers will be more polished.

About V2s, it was a test version, the color under normal light is not as close to gen as the V2, but the glow effect is much stronger than V2. This version could be a bit more expensive than normal V2, I don’t think it’s necessary to pay more just for the UV light though.

And we have Pepsi comparisons of different bezel version:

The Pepsi V1 bezel are all sold out now, the new batch will arrive in a week and all the after will be updated.

See you soon,

Ctime

As per this post: clean V2 was almost spot on in terms of insert colours!

@CTime it would be really nice if you can post a comparison between v2 and v3 please.

The question is; if v2 was good enough; why would clean factory upgrades the bezel to v3 so quick? Is it just the platinum filling issue? Or is there an upgrade on the colour too?

Reactions: big_polarbear

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21

@CTime it would be really nice if you can post a comparison between v2 and v3 please.

The question is; if v2 was good enough; why would clean factory upgrades the bezel to v3 so quick? Is it just the platinum filling issue? Or is there an upgrade on the colour too?
V2 has no issue with platinum filling, it's the V2s with the issue.

Reactions: CTime

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
@CTime - can you please confirm what other changes to the v3 there were? I had heard (not sure if correctly) Clean Factory raised the prices for the v3 but wondering if the bezel change only caused the price increase or if there were other silent upgrades to the watch as well (probably not lol)?
V3 is the same price as V2/V1, V3S is also the same price as former V2S

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China

The question is; if v2 was good enough; why would clean factory upgrades the bezel to v3 so quick? Is it just the platinum filling issue? Or is there an upgrade on the colour too
I'm on it, still waiting for the gen Pepsi that borrowed from others

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
Well, HONT sold fake VS in the past, HONT sold fake CLEAN in the past, HONT took 888 usd for a VS Sub when they started producing slowly after big raids 2021. But its not me that decides WHO is a trusted dealer in this forum.

Its just me that decides to who i give my trust and money.

Hint: Its not HONT. And not some other TDs.
The point is even TDs may do mistakes if dealing with different suppliers and not directly with the factory, therefore Every TD shall have proper QC procedures in place to ensure their clients get what they paid for.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Krispe74

Horology Curious
29/9/23
It's v2 on the left and v3 on the right in this picture, the blurry camera is my phone for sure :p
So just to confirm, in terms of colour, the V3 version is more like a gen MK3 (which I prefer), whereas a V2 is more like a gen MK2 colourwise?

Reactions: CTime

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
From the pictures I’ve seen, the Mk3 doesn’t look like the V3. But it’s hard to really know for sure do to different light angles.

Here’s my gen in daylight.

Reactions: dk2852

LongyUK

Certified
9/3/21
Its all about the infill for me. Whether its a Pepsi or a Batman the instant tell is not the slightly different hue of the ceramic it is the numerals.

The gens are almost white! Super bright. No rep gets close.

Reactions: Mark1937