• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
@derjenigewelcher remember my post and your response? Below are classic examples of why sometimes you should not even trust your TDs and that you should always do your own homework before issuing GLs🤣

Well, HONT sold fake VS in the past, HONT sold fake CLEAN in the past, HONT took 888 usd for a VS Sub when they started producing slowly after big raids 2021. But its not me that decides WHO is a trusted dealer in this forum.

Its just me that decides to who i give my trust and money.

Hint: Its not HONT. And not some other TDs.

Krispe74

Horology Curious
29/9/23
I just did the thread but should probably post here...

All clean ones, appears I got the v3 which is slightly darker than V2

This post makes me realize how much I have grown to dislike my V1 bezel...

I now want V3 bezel. Is Ctime the best place to get one??

Also I am not impressed with the V1 crystal, (so much reflection). Is a deep xtal worth fitting instead or just bite the bullet and get a gen 7035?

Reactions: CTime

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Both v2 and v3 are super nice. v2 definitely more pastel and imo closer to mk1. Sad the v2 will no longer be made so we could choose between the two color variations.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
This post makes me realize how much I have grown to dislike my V1 bezel...

I now want V3 bezel. Is Ctime the best place to get one??

Also I am not impressed with the V1 crystal, (so much reflection). Is a deep xtal worth fitting instead or just bite the bullet and get a gen 7035?
CT time told me v2 is no longer used.

They are switching to v3 and v3s now, v3s will be more expensive. 598$ vs 638$

Here some pictures I received

V3s on the left, v3 on right (darker)

Reactions: Akilles

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
The left one "v3s" looks amazing color vice..closer to v2 again with the more pinkish/ brighter red. Still a bit annoying to suddenly get x different variations haha
CT time told me v2 is no longer used.

They are switching to v3 and v3s now, v3s will be more expensive. 598$ vs 638$

Here some pictures I received

V3s on the left, v3 on right (darker)

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21
@CTime - can you please confirm what other changes to the v3 there were? I had heard (not sure if correctly) Clean Factory raised the prices for the v3 but wondering if the bezel change only caused the price increase or if there were other silent upgrades to the watch as well (probably not lol)?

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
What a mess…I can’t understand which version is now on my hands, QC of Nov 15th

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Cue arguments in M2M about what version is being sold :ROFLMAO:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
What @Oascom just wrote is true. Ctime gave me the info as well with the same pics. So v2 and v2s are gone (unless old stock).

V3 - slighly darker end less expensive
V3s - slightly brighter and more expensive.

Why v3 is cheaper I dont know. I want the darker version so for the first time in rep-history this turned out well for me :LOL: I have placed an order and can shares if you want

• Haha
Reactions: AG91 and Temple

Krispe74

Horology Curious
29/9/23
I just want to replace the 'tomato/blue' bezel on my V1 with a 'cherry/purple' V3 bezel rather than buy a new watch, (and maybe fit a gen crystal at the same time...) Pretty happy overall with my V1 so would just prefer to modify what I have. I'll message CTime to see if they can get me a replacement V3 bezel.....

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
V3S looks more like gen mk1
Did order last weekend

That was quick. I had to wait 4 weeks. Yours is one with Y2L3 serial. The lately posted were L6V6.

No clue if this has any meaning though.

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
V3S looks more like gen mk1

That was quick. I had to wait 4 weeks. Yours is one with Y2L3 serial. The lately posted were L6V6.

No clue if this has any meaning though.
dont know bro

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
V1 = all wrong = dark blue+brownish red.
V2 = mk1 pastel colors, insert lacked sheen/polish.
V2s = mk2 colors, fixed polish, but insert numbers had problems with platinum filling.

V3 = mk2 colors, fixed sheen and platinum filling.
V3s = mk1 colors, fixed sheen and platinum filling.

Hopefully Clean will keep and provide both insert options available (v# / v#s) because some people prefer mk1 colors, while others prefer mk2 colors.

Clean needs to differentiate and provide a some type of designation on their insert versions so buyers will know what to order and know exactly what they're getting, without having to wonder, guess, or makes posts asking "Which version did I receive?"

Last edited: