• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Honestly. I cant see any difference at all regarding the red in Mark II and III here. Shouldn't III be noticable darker? All I can see is that the platinum fill is brighter on the III.

Reactions: Valaj and AG91

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Honestly. I cant see any difference at all regarding the red in Mark II and III here. Shouldn't III be noticable darker? All I can see is that the platinum fill is brighter on the III.

Difference between Mk2 and Mk3 honestly comes from sunlight. Look at the shades of blue first of all. One is a royal blue, while the other looks darker and almost black.

Same with the red. You can see one is more "tomato" red and the other is a deeper red, almost like burgundy.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It’s good to see an improvement for the Pepsi insert it’s been long awaited…unfortunately the same shithouse greyish pink lume on dial markers and bright white lume on the hands. As soon as you walk outside attention is off the bezel and onto the one thing clean never bothered to improve and still fail to get right, Lume material! It just ruins it. Once you see it you can’t unsee it.

Charlemagne63

Certified
14/9/23

Another gen shot here…

My Xing colours match well. But it’s the markers that’s are the tell not the minimal hue difference.

We need a good platinum coating (and Xing is terrible) I hope the clean V3 is better.

My Xing is currently with ussdassein being plated. I hope that combo will do the trick!
Let us know the result haha !

Cheese it

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/22
So is xing still the best because the numerals are platinum filled while the clean still isn’t?

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23

Another gen shot here…

My Xing colours match well. But it’s the markers that’s are the tell not the minimal hue difference.

We need a good platinum coating (and Xing is terrible) I hope the clean V3 is better.

My Xing is currently with ussdassein being plated. I hope that combo will do the trick!
If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of plating did you do? Rhodium or something?

LongyUK

Certified
9/3/21
So is xing still the best because the numerals are platinum filled while the clean still isn’t?

NO..... far from it.

I am having my Xing plated by a member on here. The xing bezel, although looking good on arrival the numbers faded very quickly.

I'd stick with a clean V3 so you don't have to buy again...

Last edited:
Reactions: dk2852

LongyUK

Certified
9/3/21
If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of plating did you do? Rhodium or something?
Guys - to be clear the watch in the pic is a GEN!

I am having my Xing bezel plated by a member but i have not get it back yet.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
We'll see when it comes back. Its being plated using the same methods as Gen so I don't see why it wont. Rep bezels (especially Pepsi) fade very fast.

For me the brightness of the numerals really important; far more important than a tiny different hue.
Exactly, the biggest difference with all the ceramic bezels, daytona, subs and gmt. When i compare them to my gens, you don't see the very subtle color diff, but you definitely see faded platinum filling

Reactions: AG91 and LongyUK

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Exactly, the biggest difference with all the ceramic bezels, daytona, subs and gmt. When i compare them to my gens, you don't see the very subtle color diff, but you definitely see faded platinum filling

Wouldnt the numerals fading / darkening over time be a natural effect even on a gen? E.g. day to day grime / dirt from being worn?

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
And here I was very curious about how the bezel looks in different light. I finally found an answer to this question. Can this be called MK II?

• Love
Reactions: dk2852 and Nickyan

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Wouldnt the numerals fading / darkening over time be a natural effect even on a gen? E.g. day to day grime / dirt from being worn?
No, that's the beauty of the platinum filling :) My batman, sub, daytona looks as fresh as the day i bought them (Oldest one, Batman, is from 2019)

I do give them a cleaning about once a month, and they look like new. Toothbrush, lukewarm water and a bit of dishwashing soap :)

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
And here I was very curious about how the bezel looks in different light. I finally found an answer to this question. Can this be called MK II?
Def MK2. I owned a gen MK3 and it was very bright. The colours were really different. MK1&2 look more alike. I like MK3 the most, MK2 comes in 2nd but is still gorgeous

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
No, that's the beauty of the platinum filling :) My batman, sub, daytona looks as fresh as the day i bought them (Oldest one, Batman, is from 2019)

I do give them a cleaning about once a month, and they look like new. Toothbrush, lukewarm water and a bit of dishwashing soap :)

Thats good to know! Do you wear all of them regularly?
I literally just ordered a Xing v5 for Pepsi. Guess will see how it looks once it comes in. Damn this rep game lol 😅

• Haha
Reactions: mcboom

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thats good to know! Do you wear all of them regularly?
I literally just ordered a Xing v5 for Pepsi. Guess will see how it looks once it comes in. Damn this rep game lol 😅
Yeah, i got about 12 watches, but all of them are in rotation.

Never really been impressed with the Xing. I have the current v2 Pepsi, looks pretty good, this new one i have on order, and it looks amazing to me. Definitely blows the Xing out the water imo :)