• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
I would say bezel on C+ has the correct bezel lip, for the serial font I don't really care tbh.
The lip on the C+ is non existent from what I saw, but that can ofc be modded. However my point was for that the bezel action has been noted to be substantially better than CF.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I appreciate Clean's effort, but unfortunately the colors of the gen continue to be different, Clean now has too much pink in the red (and obviously the real platinum is missing in the engravings). Gen ceramic is very shiny...

Reactions: WatchSmith.US

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Difference in the visibility of the crystal is a massive upgrade, doesn’t look like it’ll need swapping for a deep at all now.
I do not see the difference so clearly in this vid. Haven’t heard of any improvements to it either. Ordered the newest gen xtal to put on this pepsi. If the crystal is really that good, maybe buying a gen crystal isn’t justified anymore. That being said, VSF is the only factory who came so close to the real deal with their sub 41 xtal, i decided to not replace it back then. Clean hasn’t got the black hole.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
We are waiting for live photos of those who will receive the new insert, let's see if the red remains too flat pink or changes based on the lighting

Reactions: AG91

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
I appreciate Clean's effort, but unfortunately the colors of the gen continue to be different, Clean now has too much pink in the red (and obviously the real platinum is missing in the engravings). Gen ceramic is very shiny...

It looks like you’re right, clean’s bezel seem to miss the shine of the gen. However, i bought clean’s VTNR, and the the shine is really good. The quality surprised me! I think we should wait for the watch to be seen in the flesh, before we jump to conclusions..

Reactions: AG91 and Mark1937

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
gen seems like a mix between V1 and V2 :)))))

Charlemagne63

Certified
14/9/23
Dang, I just received my Pepsi (guess it’s V1) and the red is way too red I think.

Let’s hope we can order the bezel separately soon.

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
Under the shared comparison video, a user commented (In reality, the color looks like this) and shared this photo

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Just ordered from Li. Will see how it compares like everyone else will I’m sure😁

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
I admire the attention to detail in the posts. I think ymmv since the lighting, the camera, the angle, the software, white balance on in the camera app, the screen etc are different for all of the cases. Trying to decern a slight hue could be a futile task. What can give some impression are the side by side of 2 models. Patiently waiting for my V2 and V3.

LongyUK

Certified
9/3/21

Another gen shot here…

My Xing colours match well. But it’s the markers that’s are the tell not the minimal hue difference.

We need a good platinum coating (and Xing is terrible) I hope the clean V3 is better.

My Xing is currently with ussdassein being plated. I hope that combo will do the trick!