• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Thanks good to know. I've never worked on a watch but consider myself mechanically inclined so I figured it's worth a try since there's nothing involving the movement.
Thanks to KJ’s DIY post, it was not hard at all. But caution does need to be taken when separating the insert from the bezel.

Reactions: AG91

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Where can I find the KJs tutorial?
The process for bezel and insert removal is the same as the Sub.

Changing inserts was the first "mod" I've ever done and it went smoothly.

Reactions: JOSswag

rhern213

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
13/2/14
I lost count on how many builds i've done over the last years, but i will NEVER enjoy messing around with a ceramic inlay. They will snap so easy, you won't believe it.

At least in this instance if the original bezel breaks it's not the worst thing since it's probably just going to be a paper weight afterwards.

Reactions: aHero

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
Another great description:

mumu2022

8/1/21
Bezel comparison between v1 and v2 in different light

Milburn1

Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
UK
Bezel comparison between v1 and v2 in different light

Difference in the visibility of the crystal is a massive upgrade, doesn’t look like it’ll need swapping for a deep at all now.

critical_

Known Member
Certified
14/2/14
Just buy the new C+ and use the caseset, the bezel assembly + insert, and the clasp as donor, and sell the rest
lol, why did you have to suggest that? You’re not helping my self-imposed NoRepTober challenge. The videos are beautiful. This version will sell like crazy.

Reactions: Nickyan

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
:) lol, why did you have to suggest that? You’re not helping my self-imposed NoRepTober challenge. The videos are beautiful. This version will sell like crazy.
Hey dude, just suggesting what I would have done and what seems the best path given your situation

Last edited:

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Clean is trying to put Deep Xtal/Xing Bezel out of business. Competition brings improvements. Clean has stepped up.
To be fair, Xing isn’t in the same business as Clean so Xing isn’t really competition. People are not buying Xing instead of Clean. And few people, if any, are putting Xings on anything but Cleans.

That said, this will affect Xing orders whether they admit it or not.

Reactions: big_polarbear

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
To be fair, Xing isn’t in the same business as Clean so Xing isn’t really competition. People are not buying Xing instead of Clean. And few people, if any, are putting Xings on anything but Cleans.

That said, this will affect Xing orders whether they admit it or not.
Clean is now selling Pepsi bezels separate from the watch itself. If folks continue to be happy with Clean’s crystals, then there won’t be a need to buy those Deep ones either. Just an observation.