• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I don't really think Xing is replicating Gen Mk1. Gen Mk1 has little to no purple-ish tone in the blue color. Where Xing does have a full purple tone. I think it's more like this:
CF V1 = Gen Mk1
Xing = Gen Mk2
CF V2 = Gen Mk3
My Xing’s both look like mk 1. Below is mk 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

Reactions: AG91 and diamonds

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
I don't really think Xing is replicating Gen Mk1. Gen Mk1 has little to no purple-ish tone in the blue color. Where Xing does have a full purple tone. I think it's more like this:
CF V1 = Gen Mk1
Xing = Gen Mk2
CF V2 = Gen Mk3
You're mistaken.
CF v1 insert is very dark like the gen BLRO Mk3, but even darker. Especially the red.
CF v2 insert is similar to the Gen BLRO Mk2 insert, with a nicer red.
The Gen BLRO Mk1 is vibrant pastels, which is what the Xing insert mimics. This has been discussed in the Xing insert thread.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
The deciding factor should be which coloring you prefer:
Xing = pastel ala Pepsi Mk1
CF v2 = deeper ala Pepsi Mk2
CF v1 = darker ala Pepsi Mk3

CF V1 = Gen Mk1
Xing = Gen Mk2
CF V2 = Gen Mk3

You're mistaken.
CF v1 insert is very dark like the gen BLRO Mk3, but even darker. Especially the red.
CF v2 insert is similar to the Gen BLRO Mk2 insert, with a nicer red.
The Gen BLRO Mk1 is vibrant pastels, which is what the Xing insert mimics. This has been discussed in the Xing insert thread.
Gents, there is no such thing as CF v1 mimicking anything. The V1 was their ”test run”, and numerous past comparisons with Gen have already shown clearly that V1 is far off; really the V1 color is fantasy. Still at the time more acceptable than say a VSF insert (the ferrari red on those… :ROFLMAO: ), a noob, a GMF or a ROF

So:
- Xing’s = Mk I
- CF V1 = fantasy
- CF V2 = Mk II

There’s currently no copy of Mk III nor MkIV (yes, there is such a thing as Gen MkIV, it’s just lesser known)

Last edited:

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
Looks good Sir. Similar to the ali express insert with better platinum coating. Interested to see if it washes out under sunlight as per ali express. (Seen here on a time bomb noob)

Reactions: JOSswag

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Looks good Sir. Similar to the ali express insert with better platinum coating. Interested to see if it washes out under sunlight as per ali express. (Seen here on a time bomb noob)

Looks great! Can you share me the AE link please? Thanks

Reactions: Nickyan

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
this really looks NWBIG level
No it doesn’t in the slightest. Those are the improvements that are still needed:
- correct bezel lip;
- correct serial number font;
- ”STEELINOX” clasp, not ”STEEL INOX” (F6U clasp still have this issue :mad:)

So far the CF 126710 BLRO releases are listed as follows:

- CF VR3186 V1, aka ”the original” - shit xtal, hands too short, wrong dial for the movement (really it should have been a 116710BLRO, but the dial and the xtal were wrong)
- CF VR3186 V2 - best version with the 3186, however not period correct (swap dial to a 116710 and it’s done)
- CF DD3285 V1 (released April 2023)
- CF DD3285 V2 (released July 2023), it corrected waterproofness, dial printing, bezel action
- CF DD3285 V3 (the supposed V2 of this thread, but this is incorrectly advertised by @CTime, release October 2023), it corrects insert colors, improves rehaut polishing and xtal

Last edited:

Reaps

-
25/9/22
No it doesn’t in the slightest. Those are the improvements that are still needed:
- correct bezel lip;
- correct serial number font;
- ”STEELINOX” clasp, not ”STEEL INOX” (F6U clasp still have this issue :mad:)

So far the CF 126710 BLRO releases are listed as follows:

- CF VR3186 V1, aka ”the original” - shit xtal, hands too short, wrong dial for the movement (really it should have been a 116710BLRO, but the dial and the xtal were wrong)
- CF VR3186 V2 - best version with the 3186, however not period correct (swap dial to a 116710 and it’s done)
- CF DD3285 V1 (released April 2023)
- CF DD3285 V2 (released July 2023), it corrected waterproofness, dial printing, bezel action
- CF DD3285 V3 (the supposed V2 of this thread, but this is incorrectly advertised by @CTime, release October 2023), it corrects insert colors, improves rehaut polishing and xtal
Agreed. I think "NWBIG" is an opinion, different people have different tolerances for what they can accept.

But yeah this is definitely not NWBIG, Clean GMT still has terrible bezel action, the crystal lip/bevel isn't like gen which is why clean gaskets and gen crystals dont mix well together.

Reactions: Macbook

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Mine has never budged 🤷‍♂️
You’re lucky then dude.

Agreed. I think "NWBIG" is an opinion, different people have different tolerances for what they can accept.

But yeah this is definitely not NWBIG, Clean GMT still has terrible bezel action, the crystal lip/bevel isn't like gen which is why clean gaskets and gen crystals dont mix well together.
NWBIG status is not a personal judgement of the degree of accepability of the flaws, rather it just means what it means, not worth buying in gen, which in the case of the 126710BLRO has still not yet achieved yet, even if we’ve never been this close :)

Last edited:

Reaps

-
25/9/22
You’re lucky then dude.

NWBIG status is not a personal judgement of the degree of accepability of the flaws, rather it just means what it means, not worth buying in gen, which in the case of the 126710BLRO has still not yet achieved yet
The original meaning of NWBIG is like that, yes,

But it has really become butchered over the last year or two. I mean honestly speaking, no rep is ever NWBIG except Panerai and IWC.....

I mean I saw people say the BVF Santos was NWBIG 🤨

Reactions: big_polarbear