• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

critical_

Known Member
Certified
14/2/14
No it doesn’t in the slightest. Those are the improvements that are still needed:
- correct bezel lip;
- correct serial number font;
- ”STEELINOX” clasp, not ”STEEL INOX” (F6U clasp still have this issue :mad:)

So far the CF 126710 BLRO releases are listed as follows:

- CF VR3186 V1, aka ”the original” - shit xtal, hands too short, wrong dial for the movement (really it should have been a 116710BLRO, but the dial and the xtal were wrong)
- CF VR3186 V2 - best version with the 3186, however not period correct (swap dial to a 116710 and it’s done)
- CF DD3285 V1 (released April 2023)
- CF DD3285 V2 (released July 2023), it corrected waterproofness, dial printing, bezel action
- CF DD3285 V3 (the supposed V2 of this thread, but this is incorrectly advertised by @CTime, release October 2023), it corrects insert colors, improves rehaut polishing and xtal
This is helpful. Thanks for putting it together.

I have a heavily modified DD3285v1. I was going to send it to one of the talented watchmakers here but I held back due to the waterproofing issue. This thread had me on the verge of wanting to pull the trigger on a v3 but the serial number font is what catches my eye each time. Perhaps a v4 will come out quickly. I have to think that Clean should be able to modify the serial number font on short order after they chew through the current run of cases.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
This is helpful. Thanks for putting it together.

I have a heavily modified DD3285v1. I was going to send it to one of the talented watchmakers here but I held back due to the waterproofing issue. This thread had me on the verge of wanting to pull the trigger on a v3 but the serial number font is what catches my eye each time. Perhaps a v4 will come out quickly. I have to think that Clean should be able to modify the serial number font on short order after they chew through the current run of cases.
Just buy the new C+ and use the caseset, the bezel assembly + insert, and the clasp as donor, and sell the rest

Macbook

Horology Curious
6/10/23
No it doesn’t in the slightest. Those are the improvements that are still needed:
- correct bezel lip;
- correct serial number font;
- ”STEELINOX” clasp, not ”STEEL INOX” (F6U clasp still have this issue :mad:)

So far the CF 126710 BLRO releases are listed as follows:

- CF VR3186 V1, aka ”the original” - shit xtal, hands too short, wrong dial for the movement (really it should have been a 116710BLRO, but the dial and the xtal were wrong)
- CF VR3186 V2 - best version with the 3186, however not period correct (swap dial to a 116710 and it’s done)
- CF DD3285 V1 (released April 2023)
- CF DD3285 V2 (released July 2023), it corrected waterproofness, dial printing, bezel action
- CF DD3285 V3 (the supposed V2 of this thread, but this is incorrectly advertised by @CTime, release October 2023), it corrects insert colors, improves rehaut polishing and xtal
I still don't get why they haven't fixed the STEEL INOX clasp, they did on the Explorer I 36 , why not do it here?

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
I still don't get why they haven't fixed the STEEL INOX clasp, they did on the Explorer I 36 , why not do it here?

Different size, different suppliers maybe? No idea how much Clean produces and assembles or what they soure elsewhere.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
DIY. I am not a handy person but I’ve changed my inserts a 1/2 dozen times without any issues.
I just ordered a bezel as well, are you going to try and DIY or send it out to a watchsmith

rhern213

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
13/2/14
DIY. I am not a handy person but I’ve changed my inserts a 1/2 dozen times without any issues.

Thanks good to know. I've never worked on a watch but consider myself mechanically inclined so I figured it's worth a try since there's nothing involving the movement.