• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

dk2852

2/2/22
You’re not really up to speed with the party
Yes, and I'm so glad I didn't rush to replace my Pepsi with the new 3285 until they fixed the insert. Now my only question is do I still get the new two-tone release?

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
There was already a V2 that @CTime sneakily revealed in july with improved WR, dial printing and bezel action, so technically, this release should be labelled the CF DD3285 V3.

It was a good upgrade for me, DD3285 and new bezel insert. My V1 still had the old 3186.
Yes, and I'm so glad I didn't rush to replace my Pepsi with the new 3285 until they fixed the insert. Now my only question is do I still get the new two-tone release?
You said that “it was a good upgrade for you“, implying either that you had already access to the improved insert color, or that you were in the wrong thread (since this new version has not been commercially released yet), I assumed the latter hence my comment.

So listing all CF Pepsi versions across all movements, we’ve got:
- 126710BLRO CF VR3186 V1 (the original)
- 126710BLRO CF VR3186 V2
- 126710BLRO CF DD3285 V1 (released April 2023)
- 126710BLRO CF DD3285 V2 (or V1.5, released July 2023)
- 126710BLRO CF DD3285 V3 (the supposed V2 of this thread, but in reality a V3, upcoming release October 2023)

Last edited:

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Any word on if the bezel action feels any different?
Bezel action has been improved in the V2 released last July. The V3 is not yet available so whether any improvement has been made is not know, however none has been disclosed by ctime so far.

Last edited:

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
It is Xing.. That's why the "wink" on the original post. It's the latest QC photos from CTime for the watch I ordered a month ago. Had Xing bezel and deep crystal installed.
It looks great and wear in good health.

That being said, you shouldn't post a photo of a modded Clean Pepsi V1 with Xing insert in a thread about the new Clean Pepsi V2, because it causes confusion as to what we're looking at. I, and many others, would think were looking at Clean's updated insert.

NCGMT2

Horology Curious
5/9/23
Yep, all honor to Xing and his inserts but this should be about the v2 CF. If there is a comparison shot between Xing and CF v2 it's fine to post otherwise lets stick to the topic.
Yet... One more post off topic to talk about the off topic post...

Radar975

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
2/4/22
United States

just in from Ctime order place right before the announcement. I have zero knowledge on V1 vs V2 vs Xing vs Gen.

How does this look to yall?

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden

just in from Ctime order place right before the announcement. I have zero knowledge on V1 vs V2 vs Xing vs Gen.

How does this look to yall?
Like this is the wrong thread for that. Your watch is likely a CF DD3285 V2 (july release), they have the updated bezel action, waterproofing and dial printing. I suggest you to read through the last couple pages of this thread to be up to speed.

Reactions: dk2852

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Like this is the wrong thread for that. Your watch is likely a CF DD3285 V2 (july release), they have the updated bezel action, waterproofing and dial printing. I suggest you to read through the last couple pages of this thread to be up to speed.
How is the updated action? Any vide?

rhern213

Certified
13/2/14
Thanks guys. I just picked up a CF Pepsi not too long ago from Prof w/ his xtal installed. Looks amazing w/ the Prof xtal but now I can't "un-see" the darker red of the v1 insert. Would be shame to replace the whole watch.. might just have to replace the bezel insert... 🤦‍♂️

I'm in the same boat, recently got a Prof xtal version and thinking of just replacing the bezel. But another $200 for the bezel + install cost unless you try DIY is a ton of $ for the mod.

Reactions: samsoniteman

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
I'm in the same boat, recently got a Prof xtal version and thinking of just replacing the bezel. But another $200 for the bezel + install cost unless you try DIY is a ton of $ for the mod.

I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet. Gonna pick up a new insert and get it installed.. and since getting it done w/ a 'smith, going to just get the whole mov't serviced as well. It should be awesome by the time I get it back with all the work done lol.. "Buy once, cry once" and all that.. 😅

Just undecided on which bezel insert between Xing and CF v2. Patience is not a virtue (for me) so that may end up being the deciding factor..

Reactions: Valaj and rhern213

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Just undecided on which bezel insert between Xing and CF v2. Patience is not a virtue (for me) so that may end up being the deciding factor..
The deciding factor should be which coloring you prefer:
Xing = pastel ala Pepsi Mk1
CF v2 = deeper ala Pepsi Mk2
CF v1 = darker ala Pepsi Mk3

rhern213

Certified
13/2/14
The deciding factor should be which coloring you prefer:
Xing = pastel ala Pepsi Mk1
CF v2 = deeper ala Pepsi Mk2
CF v1 = darker ala Pepsi Mk3

I don't really think Xing is replicating Gen Mk1. Gen Mk1 has little to no purple-ish tone in the blue color. Where Xing does have a full purple tone. I think it's more like this:
CF V1 = Gen Mk1
Xing = Gen Mk2
CF V2 = Gen Mk3

Reactions: dk2852