• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
It just seems pointless to me to go to all the effort of getting every detail as close to gen as possible and then make such a visibly obvious gaffe.

It’s not like it’s even necessary or difficult to correct.

Seems to be an issue with the Clean Rehaut generally.

Wouldn’t stop me making a purchase, but id certainly rather it wasn’t wrong.
C+ rehaut has the correct serial number font:

Reactions: AG91 and Progue1971

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
What is the estimated price of the fully updated version? Is it worth waiting for this new update and paying a bit more? I will pull the trigger accordingly.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
What is the estimated price of the fully updated version? Is it worth waiting for this new update and paying a bit more? I will pull the trigger accordingly.
Ctime has it at exactly the same price as the V1, which is 560$ before shipping fees

Reactions: Nickyan

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Reactions: Holy0ne and Nickyan

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Were any versions of the Gen Pepsi’s red insert ever as dark as the Clean v1’s on page 1 of this thread? I thought there had been (mk1?) so regardless the v1 bezel insert was still good to go right?

Or am I just trying to rationalize why I should not get another.. 😅

• Haha

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Were any versions of the Gen Pepsi’s red insert ever as dark as the Clean v1’s on page 1 of this thread? I thought there had been (mk1?) so regardless the v1 bezel insert was still good to go right?

Not v1 or v2 could be a Mark I rep. They are both darker than that

Reactions: samsoniteman

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU

V1 is really off, nothing like MK1,2 or 3. But this v2 is a rockstar as far as i can see from the first pictures. I might have to concider changing my VTNR, which has just been upgraded with a new gen Xtal, to this V2. Or keep'm both. Let's see.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Not a question of dark or light, the colours on V1 are ass and look nothing like any iteration of the gen.

samsoniteman

Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Thanks guys. I just picked up a CF Pepsi not too long ago from Prof w/ his xtal installed. Looks amazing w/ the Prof xtal but now I can't "un-see" the darker red of the v1 insert. Would be shame to replace the whole watch.. might just have to replace the bezel insert... 🤦‍♂️

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/3/06
London
Any known pros for C+ over clean factory, in terms of fit and finish, and notably how the bezel feels when turned?

samsoniteman

Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Any known pros for C+ over clean factory, in terms of fit and finish, and notably how the bezel feels when turned?

For what its worth, I have a C+ Batgirl and the bezel action is much tighter, with no play, than the CF GMTs that I have (Pepsi & Rootbeer). I'd say the bracelets on the CF feel a bit nicer than the C+. C+ also are not using the (better?) DD3285 mov't. Otherwise fit & finish is about the same between them.
Just my small sample size so YMMV.

dk2852

2/2/22
It was a good upgrade for me, DD3285 and new bezel insert. My V1 still had the old 3186.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I have to admit that these new inserts look good