• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
No it doesn’t in the slightest. Those are the improvements that are still needed:
- correct bezel lip;
- correct serial number font;
- ”STEELINOX” clasp, not ”STEEL INOX” (F6U clasp still have this issue :mad:)

So far the CF 126710 BLRO releases are listed as follows:

- CF VR3186 V1, aka ”the original” - shit xtal, hands too short, wrong dial for the movement (really it should have been a 116710BLRO, but the dial and the xtal were wrong)
- CF VR3186 V2 - best version with the 3186, however not period correct (swap dial to a 116710 and it’s done)
- CF DD3285 V1 (released April 2023)
- CF DD3285 V2 (released July 2023), it corrected waterproofness, dial printing, bezel action
- CF DD3285 V3 (the supposed V2 of this thread, but this is incorrectly advertised by @CTime, release October 2023), it corrects insert colors, improves rehaut polishing and xtal
Curious to hear your thoughts…

This is the Pepsi I got in August.. which would align with the CF “v2”…. To me the bezel insert color I got looks quite a bit darker and I guess it’s also not close to any iteration of gen..

I guess I should’ve waited a few months 😅

HrvyAX.jpeg

HrvOFc.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: dk2852 and Akilles

Charlemagne63

Certified
14/9/23
We'll see when it comes back. Its being plated using the same methods as Gen so I don't see why it wont. Rep bezels (especially Pepsi) fade very fast.

For me the brightness of the numerals really important; far more important than a tiny different hue.
Thanks a lot because I’m planning to do some mods on mine (maybe the swap bezel since I received the V2)

I did not know about the bezel plated, so that’s interesting to know. I’d love to see the difference so I can ask some modder in Europe… if that makes that much of a difference I’ll do it !

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I understand the lightning changes the brightness/color yada-yada but common. These two v2 can't possibly be from the same batch, right..? It's like night and day for gods sake😄

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
There is a MK4 version that rolex has been producing since mid 2022. The blue had become too dark in the latest MK3s and they managed to adjust the hue. I find the MK4 the most beautiful ceramic pepsi ring. it continuously changes color and contains all the shades of the 3 previous marks. Here is mine, picked up at the dealer in June 2023.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
It might as well just turn green or yellow in some lightning :D

Damn, it can REALLY look different. Scares the crap out of me.

Will wait for some more pictures..

The CF v1 was quite consistent in the colors irl.

Charlemagne63

Certified
14/9/23
thanks for the input guys ! Let’s see maybe I’ll sell my V2 for this new one in a few months

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Videos

Last edited:

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Is it possible to put or swap the DD3285 movement to C+ case? And put the C+ movement into CF case?

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
And also pics of the new crystal up in close as a comparison with Deep and previous CF crystal (like in your reddit post)! That would be awesome!
Who says it has a new crystal? I see no difference..