• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Certified
16/4/22
I'm assuming Clean won't sell the updated bezel insert directly through TD's?

I've already got the updated DD3285 2nd batch Pepsi with a Xing. I already swapped in gen xtal and polished rehaut. Don't want to have to buy an entirely new watch or rebuild a new watch just to compare the bezels and see which is better.

Reactions: mmaggi

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I'm assuming Clean won't sell the updated bezel insert directly through TD's?

I've already got the updated DD3285 2nd batch Pepsi with a Xing. I already swapped in gen xtal and polished rehaut. Don't want to have to buy an entirely new watch or rebuild a new watch just to compare the bezels and see which is better.
You can, but $200+

mumu2022

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/21
One if the chinese dealer said the updated bezel is based on the mk II

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
One if the chinese dealer said the updated bezel is based on the mk II

Crazy how it changes color. Indirect light it’s quite dark, but when it gets hit direct the colors are a lot brighter

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
I know that this isn’t in the same studio lighting or side by side, but I think this does a good job of showing the difference between the updated C+ (left) and CF (right). While this thread is about the CF, I can tell that we’re all heading in the direction of understanding the comparison between C+ / CF new versions.

It is clear to me that C+ is more of an MK3 while CF is more of an MK2. Please correct me if you disagree. However, when changing the lighting condition of the CF (direct, bright light) it ends up looking a lot more washed out, almost like a Xing bezel. @CTime your help would be much appreciated in comparing the new CF and C+. Daylight photos seem to be important for this comparison as well.

Edit: I’m now starting to think the new CF bezel looks like MK1. The C+ bezel is much more up my alley! But if the CF looks more like the photo in the top right, then I’m 100% getting that one. The brown hues are great, but if I wanted washed out pastels I’d keep my Xing version.

I have a Xing V4, Xing V5, and the new CF is soon on its way

We need to wait a couple weeks for the first comparison pics

Reactions: AG91 and Nickyan

Planetdanny

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
5/4/23
Rotterdam Netherlands
Found the video. He is literally saying (yes I speak chinese) that on the left is C+ V1, on the right is C+ V2.

Left watch is N O T a CF, and certainly not a V3.

EDIT: apparently the guy on reddit and I haven’t been looking at the same video. In my video the watch on the left has a 897Cxxxx serial, which is C+ serial. His video actually show 3 watches, with the middle one a L6V6, aka CF DD3285 V3:
The c +v2 bezel looks very nice
I think ☺️

Clarkent

SuperfranKent®️
Gold Patron
Certified
12/9/19
Smallville
This is my MK4 gen bezel, for my opinion this insert is irreplicable.

this latest Gen version changes approximately 5/6 colors of red and blue based on how it is exposed to light. I was very skeptical about the quality of the pepsi gen bezel until I saw it in person and was amazed.
The weak points of this new version of clean are: colors of the numerical part (too white) and the appearance of red and blue in natural light seems to be dull, opaque, not very bright. that said, it turns out to be much less artificial than previous versions.

It will definitely need another pass of platinum in the numbers to improve in appearance, but I have to say they did a great job!

Congratulations Clean Factory!

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Changed my order to the latest C+. I might also order the latest CF bezel (the one on the DD3285 V3).

Reasons ?

1) the C+ serial number font is CORRECT and has a pattern that is less recognizable (897Cxxxx I can live with no problem, rather than xxxxL6V6 pattern with obvious wrong font that S C R E A M S ”CF FACTORYYYYYY”)

2) the clasp has a correct ”STEELINOX”

3) made more sense for me as I already have a CF DD3285 V2, and I will do a franken mixed build

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
Changed my order to the latest C+. I might also order the latest CF bezel (the one on the DD3285 V3).

Reasons ?

1) the C+ serial number font is CORRECT and has a pattern that is less recognizable (897Cxxxx I can live with no problem, rather than xxxxL6V6 pattern with obvious wrong font that S C R E A M S ”CF FACTORYYYYYY”)

3) made more sense for me as I already have a CF DD3285 V2, and I will do a franken mixed build

So can those who have not had a GMT before and want to have one go with CF (like me)?

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21

Reasons ?

So can those who have not had a GMT before and want to have one go with CF (like me)?

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
Yes, at least for the DD3285. They are amazing watches, I have had a V1 and have a V2
One thing I noticed is that in the V1 GMTs produced by Clean, I saw the serial number font as the correct font. And with each new version, this font has lost its accuracy. Can you confirm this? Or do you have any idea why he keeps changing it? Why does it make mistakes with small details when it is expected to be better with each new version?

I had this problem with the CF 116610LN and now they have changed to the correct serial number font.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
One thing I noticed is that in the V1 GMTs produced by Clean, I saw the serial number font as the correct font. And with each new version, this font has lost its accuracy. Can you confirm this? Or do you have any idea why he keeps changing it? Why does it make mistakes with small details when it is expected to be better with each new version?

I had this problem with the CF 116610LN and now they have changed to the correct serial number font.
I assume you talk about the VR3186 V1, not the DD3285 V1.

I never purchased anything CF before the DD3285 V1 in May, so I cannot answer you unfortunately

Reactions: Holy0ne

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Changed my order from clean to C+. I know their new bezel was based on a different MK version but when you look at this video it looks superb. None of this dull, pastel look off the CF

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
My thoughts are that clean factory seen how good the new c+ insert was, panicked and started shipping with the €50 ali express insert to save some sales

Reactions: JOSswag

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Changed my order from clean to C+. I know their new bezel was based on a different MK version but when you look at this video it looks superb. None of this dull, pastel look off the CF

I asked some Chinese modder and he said the newest C+ movement using VR3285. Is the movement solid?

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15

C+ has got an awesome insert, C+ bezel on Clean and for me (serial number issue apart) it is almost perfect.

Reactions: Holy0ne

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
I don’t think c+ has a better insert. But to each their own.. I have already bought a gen xtal, have decided to wait a bit before ordering this pepsi. Let’s see what these watches will look like in real life; members will receive theirs soon. Till then I’ll enjoy my VTNR ;)

Reactions: AG91