• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
I don't understand why there aren't more watchsmiths servicing reps. It's aggravating and it makes no sense. My watchsmith told me the reason is because parts are hard to get. I mean come'on. The movement requires the same parts as a Rolex movement and they service Rolexes with problem.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I don't understand why there aren't more watchsmiths servicing reps. It's aggravating and it makes no sense. My watchsmith told me the reason is because parts are hard to get. I mean come'on. The movement requires the same parts as a Rolex movement and they service Rolexes with problem.
I think it’s out of ignorance not malice. Most “reps” are shitter tier bought on the beach in Thailand Rawleks. Most watchmakers just don’t want to deal with fixing something that cost less than $20 to make.

And getting spare parts is hard. Yes gen parts often fit, but sometimes they don’t. Or sometimes they fit but require other gen parts to be swapped in at the same time (eg the pallet fork and escape wheel on the vs3235 need to be swapped for gen parts as a pair). There’s a learning curve to servicing reps, and I suspect that most watchmakers are busy enough that they don’t need the extra business, so it’s not worth the trouble of learning the subtleties of servicing reps.

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
My watchsmith told me he is very busy, there’s a waiting list of maybe a month to get your watch done. He prefers working on gen movements becauche appreciates the craft and he can ask more money for it.

Reactions: mmaggi

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
They service Rolexes with no problem. Sorry.
The deal with any modern Rolex / 32XX is the owner has to send it back to RSC. There maybe some parts availability, but Rolex is shutting that party down.

Reps / fakes are frowned upon in most circles - and so to is making any business association with them. That isn’t going to change anytime soon.

Last edited:

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Indeed
The deal with any modern Rolex / 32XX is the owner has to send it back to RSC. There maybe some parts availability, but Rolex is shutting that party down.

Reps / fakes are frowned upon in most circles - and so to is making any business association with them. That isn’t going to change anytime soon.

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
So what’s the conclusion after all of these? C+ or Newest CF ? I owned Y2L3 Pepsi with Xings insert. Plan to get C+ whole watch and CF V2 insert.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
So what’s the conclusion after all of these? C+ or Newest CF ? I owned Y2L3 Pepsi with Xings insert. Plan to get C+ whole watch and CF V2 insert.
No one has yet to have a physical copy of either the new CF or the new C+, so nothing conclusive will emerge for the upcoming three weeks or so.

Reactions: AG91 and JOSswag

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
No one has yet to have a physical copy of either the new CF or the new C+, so nothing conclusive will emerge for the upcoming three weeks or so.
A proper comparison between the new BLROs from Clean and C+ is something we're all anticipating.
Thanks to TDs and the members here, the comparisons and details will be picked apart and will prove very interesting.

As usual, No rep will be declared a winner, cause each will have their strong points. I love RWI!!

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
You can’t compare the two. It’s mostly a matter of taste.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Saw this on Reddit. The middle insert is Xing.

Not really the night and day difference between CF and C+ as I've seen on others pictures here. Both looks very good though.

HBj9nb.jpeg

HBjnup.jpeg

HBj12i.jpeg

Last edited:

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Don’t think this is the new clean insert though..