• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
HrgyLb.png

Comparison new pepsi bezel insert cf vs c+ (both are red under uv light). Unfortunately found just one photo atm.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
HrgyLb.png

Comparison new pepsi bezel insert cf vs c+ (both are red under uv light). Unfortunately found just one photo atm.
Found the video. He is literally saying (yes I speak chinese) that on the left is C+ V1, on the right is C+ V2.

Left watch is N O T a CF, and certainly not a V3.

EDIT: apparently the guy on reddit and I haven’t been looking at the same video. In my video the watch on the left has a 897Cxxxx serial, which is C+ serial. His video actually show 3 watches, with the middle one a L6V6, aka CF DD3285 V3:

Last edited:
Reactions: AG91 and Kup1712

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Found the video. He is literally saying (yes I speak chinese) that on the left is C+ V1, on the right is C+ V2.

EDIT: apparently the guy on reddit and I haven’t been looking at the same video. In my video the watch on the left has a 897Cxxxx serial, which is C+ serial. His video actually show 3 watches, with the middle one a L6V6, aka CF DD3285 V3:
Based on this the C+ v2 is looking pretty good compared to the CF v3 no?

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Based on this the C+ v2 is looking pretty good compared to the CF v3 no?
Actually I would beg to differ. Why ? Because we know that the latest CF insert is based on the gen Mk II, and has been compared by ctime already (ref the first posts)

The latest C+ therefore looks like it is based on the gen Mk III, which is much darker. The blue seems correct (although this is impossible fully ascertaib based solely on a lone picture), but. The red looks brownish to me, while it should be much more cherry looking.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
If we don’t include the movements, who would be a better watch overall? Eating bracelet, case, bezel etc etc? C+ or clean? The modder said pepsi insert is better in c+

Bracelet (excluding clasp): CF
Clasp: C+
Case shape: ex aecquo
Rehaut polishing: CF
Serial number font: C+
Dial and hands: ex aecquo
Xtal: ex aecquo
Movement: CF
Bezel action: C+
Insert colors: CF = Mk II / C+ = Mk III, live comparison to gen needed for C+. Live comparison to gen already done for CF.

CF 4 points, C+ 3 points.

Winner CF.

Last edited:

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU

My gen MK3

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21

Hey do you have the video? C+ kinda looks better tbh. Good lip action lol

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15

Here can be seen what I mean in my previous post, bezel (not insert) on the C+ is better in terms of the lip. C+ bezel and CF insert looks the best to me at the moment.

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21
Here can be seen what I mean in my previous post, bezel (not insert) on the C+ is better in terms of the lip. C+ bezel and CF insert looks the best to me at the moment.
Pretty much this. Shit quality screenshot obviously but C+ bezel assembly looks better than the Clean. We wait to see comparison pics

burster

Horology Curious
19/7/23
EU
Imo C+ bezel is better looking than L6V6 CF.

I wonder if C+ selling just the bezel as spare part (My TD doesn't have C+ watches).

I received CF Pepsi yesterday and I'm crying as I'm reading this thread :')

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I know that this isn’t in the same studio lighting or side by side, but I think this does a good job of showing the difference between the updated C+ (left) and CF (right). While this thread is about the CF, I can tell that we’re all heading in the direction of understanding the comparison between C+ / CF new versions.

It is clear to me that C+ is more of an MK3 while CF is more of an MK2. Please correct me if you disagree. However, when changing the lighting condition of the CF (direct, bright light) it ends up looking a lot more washed out, almost like a Xing bezel. @CTime your help would be much appreciated in comparing the new CF and C+. Daylight photos seem to be important for this comparison as well.

Edit: I’m now starting to think the new CF bezel looks like MK1. The C+ bezel is much more up my alley! But if the CF looks more like the photo in the top right, then I’m 100% getting that one. The brown hues are great, but if I wanted washed out pastels I’d keep my Xing version.

Last edited:

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
We need C+ in direct sun light to make not brown / orange but looking like the winner. Clean looks like Ali express but 4x the cost !

Reactions: Mark1937

DoctorStMoritz

Known Member
4/9/23
EU
I'm in awe for your quality photos and precisely formulated detailed descriptions. You're truly a TD.
With all this craftsmanship involved your people can be first to produce some gorgeous astounding product lines for the new brands.

Reactions: CTime