• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

ETD89

Do not accept unsolicited offers
16/6/24
Man if you gotta zoom in all that much and cant tell a difference, just buy the damn thing and stop second guessing this watch lol I didnt think id ever upgrade my 116500 franken but now i have both a black and white 126500
I want the black 126500 but my only concern is the subdials

Reactions: AG91

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I thought I’d give a 4 month update on Clean’s exclusive 4131. When I received both mine, the winding was not as smooth and the rotor not as quiet as the many DD4130 I’ve had before. Mind you, I think I had the very first two 4131 (or @Bobi01 was first) where the rotor was shipped dry (CTime shipped the rotor oil after). After alternating both for four months, the winding is now quieter and smoother, and the rotor is mostly silenced—at least as much as the DD4130 ever was. It keeps correct time; the chrono feel, response and function feels as DD4130 and always reset perfectly.

Many Clean have been sold since February with this new movement (I own two) and to my knowledge there have been no reports of reliability concerns. Not being a movement geek, thus far I don’t see how the DD4131 could perform better.

Whereas I wear both mine carefully not to get scratches lol, I do alternate them daily since February. By contrast our @trailboss99 is doing a dedicated real world torture test we hope do get an update soon The SH4131 Daytonas - Long-term reliability test

@CTime
I totally agree with you. My 126500 was -2 sec on the QC time graph pic. When I wear it during the day it runs +1 sec and next morning it is back to 0. No matter how I lay it down during the night, upside down, head up or on the side. winding is normal, no noise etc. Setting the hands is great, it feels strong, better then the dd44130. Have a ghost coming in, will report.

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸
What can a V2 improve on?

It seems Clean have really excelled straight off the bat.

I wouldnt think of this watch as a V1 of some brand new watch model that needs tweaking but rather a v4 of the 116500. An incredible watch they just continued to improve with this new design. If that makes sense. Not sure what there is to improve upon.
The v2 of this may end up being worst with a dial color tone change, who knows

jtks

Getting To Know The Place
25/5/20
I wouldnt think of this watch as a V1 of some brand new watch model that needs tweaking but rather a v4 of the 116500. An incredible watch they just continued to improve with this new design. If that makes sense. Not sure what there is to improve upon.
The v2 of this may end up being worst with a dial color tone change, who knows
AFAIK, clean 116500 V1 was good, V2 kinda messed up and they released V3 to fix problems that they introduced in V2. 126500 got so close to gen, whatever upgrade they do on V2 wouldn't be a significant one.

From my own comparison with my gen, Clean 126500 is even closer to gen than their 116500 V3.

tfranma

2/7/15
Very impressive. The bracelet itself, darn near impossible to tell the diff, the link alignment, looks, feel, movement, all so good. The clasp is a little tougher in comparison, for example, the link extension snap is a bit tougher to open on the REP, takes more force to open and close, not as smooth as the GEN. I have some oil I may apply, but I suspect a little use will make it so close in that regard as well. Of course the engraving is not as clean as the GEN. There is just the smothness of the font and depth (3d) effect on the GEN that isn’t there on the REP, but they have to be side by side, or you’ve really got to know those subtle signs and then you know…. I did the wife test, she thought the REP was the real deal! In her words, it left heavier, and more substantial in the bracelet. She absolutely could not see the hue difference in the dial, and I can.

here are some pic’s and vid for ya all.

PICS:

VID:

Thank you for that feedback. That’s definitely impressive. It’s those small details that sometimes are missed. It’s less about the 1:1 for me, but more about the enjoyment of wearing the watch. If the clasp and bracelet suck, it’s less enjoyable. Sounds like this one is a winner, enjoy it!

Reactions: m5smg2 and Messi

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Yes, part of why this Clean release is so good is because they’ve been at it since Noob closed. The other part is having all the gens in hand to work off of 😉

Reactions: mistermagoo

zNightx

Certified
4/1/16
Belgium
Thanks!

Nice, i think it will be my next purchase. Nothing to do with the movement? Lubrificate or something?

DimaNest

21/3/24
Hello people,

Is there any TD who can assist me to get the white dial one? Please DM.

mistermagoo

9/8/17
Hello people,

Is there any TD who can assist me to get the white dial one? Please DM.

Theres's a TD's section with all the relevant sellers.