• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Not the painting but the finishing , they are now all flat inside metal ring, on the first batches they was little curved on the edges, hard to explain but ocds like me will understand šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Can you elaborate with some pictures? Trying to understand but I can't LOL

Reactions: ToxicManChowder

ToxicManChowder

Known Member
Supporter
27/5/24
Here and Now
Here you go guys this one is with updated subdialsā€¦ same like we saw on vsf daytonas, if you could share to us some more pics on different lightnings

Iā€™m thinking there are some settings amiss with my iPhone. Many of the macro shots get jpg artifacts and jaggies. Even under strong lighting, the images are not tack sharp. Iā€™ve added a few more for those looking to understand if the CF dials are more to their liking. I donā€™t have a gen to put side by sideā€¦

Camille_Giroud

Do not accept unsolicited offers
30/7/23
New York
Yep exactly - lighting matters so much, you canā€™t judge dial color based on a photo. For example, this is the same watch in all 3 photos. One looks blue, one pale white, one grey

If you guys are so concerned about being 100% color-correct, just buy a MacBeth color checker and learn the importance of balancing your wrists shots at 18% grey.....

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I thought Iā€™d give a 4 month update on Cleanā€™s exclusive 4131. When I received both mine, the winding was not as smooth and the rotor not as quiet as the many DD4130 Iā€™ve had before. Mind you, I think I had the very first two 4131 (or @Bobi01 was first) where the rotor was shipped dry (CTime shipped the rotor oil after). After alternating both for four months, the winding is now quieter and smoother, and the rotor is mostly silencedā€”at least as much as the DD4130 ever was. It keeps correct time; the chrono feel, response and function feels as DD4130 and always reset perfectly.

Many Clean have been sold since February with this new movement (I own two) and to my knowledge there have been no reports of reliability concerns. Not being a movement geek, thus far I donā€™t see how the DD4131 could perform better.

Whereas I wear both mine carefully not to get scratches lol, I do alternate them daily since February. By contrast our @trailboss99 is doing a dedicated real world torture test we hope do get an update soon The SH4131 Daytonas - Long-term reliability test

@CTime

Last edited:

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Haha. Yes, I didnā€™t need to strain my old eyes for that one. It was the rep stickers šŸ˜‚

Weā€™d really appreciate more pics against your gen and insight on feel quality in the hand, and how the new Clean crystal compares šŸ™

Reactions: guru

ToxicManChowder

Known Member
Supporter
27/5/24
Here and Now
The feel of it is so close, itā€™s amazing. Sure I can feel the difference winding it, and the chronograph buttons arenā€™t as buttery smooth. But honestly, the look between the two live is so damn close! The crystal is more reflective than GEN, ever so slightly, but sure seems as clear! The dial color is slightly more blue. I placed them side by side and ran a 6500k LED desk lamp over them and you can barely see the hue differences as the lamp moved across them. Iā€™ll pull the stickers off and shoot some more photos and vid. Stand by. Had to finish work firstā€¦

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I thought Iā€™d give a 4 month update on Cleanā€™s exclusive 4131. When I received both mine, the winding was not as smooth and the rotor not as quiet as the many DD4130 Iā€™ve had before. Mind you, I think I had the very first two 4131 (or @Bobi01 was first) where the rotor was shipped dry (CTime shipped the rotor oil after). After alternating both for four months, the winding is now quieter and smoother, and the rotor is mostly silencedā€”at least as much as the DD4130 ever was. It keeps correct time; the chrono feel, response and function feels as DD4130 and always reset perfectly.

Many Clean have been sold since February with this new movement (I own two) and to my knowledge there have been no reports of reliability concerns. Not being a movement geek, thus far I donā€™t see how the DD4131 could perform better.

Whereas I wear both mine carefully not to get scratches lol, I do alternate them daily since February. By contrast our @trailboss99 is doing a dedicated real world torture test we hope do get an update soon The SH4131 Daytonas - Long-term reliability test

@CTime
Appreciate your insights!

tfranma

Getting To Know The Place
2/7/15
The feel of it is so close, itā€™s amazing. Sure I can feel the difference winding it, and the chronograph buttons arenā€™t as buttery smooth. But honestly, the look between the two live is so damn close! The crystal is more reflective than GEN, ever so slightly, but sure seems as clear! The dial color is slightly more blue. I placed them side by side and ran a 6500k LED desk lamp over them and you can barely see the hue differences as the lamp moved across them. Iā€™ll pull the stickers off and shoot some more photos and vid. Stand by. Had to finish work firstā€¦

Thanks for the photos and insight. Howā€™s the bracelet and clasp and overall feel of opening and closing stack up vs the gen?

ToxicManChowder

Known Member
Supporter
27/5/24
Here and Now
Thanks for the photos and insight. Howā€™s the bracelet and clasp and overall feel of opening and closing stack up vs the gen?
Very impressive. The bracelet itself, darn near impossible to tell the diff, the link alignment, looks, feel, movement, all so good. The clasp is a little tougher in comparison, for example, the link extension snap is a bit tougher to open on the REP, takes more force to open and close, not as smooth as the GEN. I have some oil I may apply, but I suspect a little use will make it so close in that regard as well. Of course the engraving is not as clean as the GEN. There is just the smothness of the font and depth (3d) effect on the GEN that isnā€™t there on the REP, but they have to be side by side, or youā€™ve really got to know those subtle signs and then you knowā€¦. I did the wife test, she thought the REP was the real deal! In her words, it left heavier, and more substantial in the bracelet. She absolutely could not see the hue difference in the dial, and I can.

here are some picā€™s and vid for ya all.

PICS:

VID:

jtks

Getting To Know The Place
25/5/20
Very impressive. The bracelet itself, darn near impossible to tell the diff, the link alignment, looks, feel, movement, all so good. The clasp is a little tougher in comparison, for example, the link extension snap is a bit tougher to open on the REP, takes more force to open and close, not as smooth as the GEN. I have some oil I may apply, but I suspect a little use will make it so close in that regard as well. Of course the engraving is not as clean as the GEN. There is just the smothness of the font and depth (3d) effect on the GEN that isnā€™t there on the REP, but they have to be side by side, or youā€™ve really got to know those subtle signs and then you knowā€¦. I did the wife test, she thought the REP was the real deal! In her words, it left heavier, and more substantial in the bracelet. She absolutely could not see the hue difference in the dial, and I can.

PICS:

VID:

Dayum...this is definitely NWBIG for me

Reactions: m5smg2

ETD89

Do not accept unsolicited offers
16/6/24

PICS:

VID:

The crown guards are the only kinda easy tells in gen it looks thicker and more pronounced