• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

AG91

Getting To Know The Place
7/3/22
Not the painting but the finishing , they are now all flat inside metal ring, on the first batches they was little curved on the edges, hard to explain but ocds like me will understand 😂😂
can you show a photo of this latest batch with this update?

Reactions: mandipan and Uhr70

jtks

25/5/20
NWBIG is a meaningless term which means different things to different people

Clean rep is, on the high end, ~$800. Gen is $15,100 MSRP and ~$30k market value

800 / 15,100 = ~5% MSRP
800 / 30,000 = <3% market value

Close to 60 pages of discussion should tell you whether this is NWBIG for you or not.
NWBIG is subjective. Everyone has their own standard. I'm asking for opinions.

• Haha
Reactions: aHero

jtks

25/5/20
Not the painting but the finishing , they are now all flat inside metal ring, on the first batches they was little curved on the edges, hard to explain but ocds like me will understand 😂😂
They seems to have solved the overly bold and fat bezel markers as well. Even though still not exactly the same as gen, but from 30cm distance you can barely tell the difference now.

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
Looking good! You tried out using the chrono much?

Yeah! Chrono works pretty well! Watch is really awesome. I am clearly not a Daytona guy, but the circle in steel makes all différence!

Reactions: ogh gee

tfranma

2/7/15
Nice! Totally agree, I wasn’t super impressed on first release. After seeing pictures, that bezel ring makes a big visual difference to me and somehow makes the watch look a little more classic.

Reactions: m5smg2 and Endez

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
😂😂😂 Ok ok... but good good !! In fact I'm thinking about buying also the black one..

Reactions: Bobi01 and m5smg2

Morg77

1/2/21
KGhP21.jpeg

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Please don't flame me for this, idk if I'm tripping or it's my screen. But do they all have a light blue hue to the white dial?

Is this constant with the gen or is it just my eye's or I'm looking at the wrong gen for reference...

I haven't seen anyone mention this, so im guessing its just me.
😅😅

TKav3

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/1/23
Please don't flame me for this, idk if I'm tripping or it's my screen. But do they all have a light blue hue to the white dial?

Is this constant with the gen or is it just my eye's or I'm looking at the wrong gen for reference...

I haven't seen anyone mention this, so im guessing its just me.
😅😅
My CF 126 panda had a deep crystal and I didn’t notice any blue tint at all. I don’t think others have noted this on the stock crystal either.

FWIW I think the blue hue/tint is way overblown. Any white dial can look blue if you tell yourself it’s blue lol. Some people would say there’s blue on the 116 CF but that’s because the dials are more grey as compared to pale white.

Also - I know we’re talking 126500, but gen panda dial colors can vary.

jtks

25/5/20
My CF 126 panda had a deep crystal and I didn’t notice any blue tint at all. I don’t think others have noted this on the stock crystal either.

FWIW I think the blue hue/tint is way overblown. Any white dial can look blue if you tell yourself it’s blue lol. Some people would say there’s blue on the 116 CF but that’s because the dials are more grey as compared to pale white.

Also - I know we’re talking 126500, but gen panda dial colors can vary.

It depends on the light source and also it can be due to camera color reproduction as well. I tried to snap photo of the white dial on different phones, some appear blue-ish, some don't. IRL I barely notice any blue hue on reps.

Reactions: ogh gee

TKav3

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/1/23
It depends on the light source and also it can be due to camera color reproduction as well. I tried to snap photo of the white dial on different phones, some appear blue-ish, some don't. IRL I barely notice any blue hue on reps.
Yep exactly - lighting matters so much, you can’t judge dial color based on a photo. For example, this is the same watch in all 3 photos. One looks blue, one pale white, one grey

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Wow, it's wild the lighting has such an effect with the photos.
Thank you for the clarification... 🙏🙏

ToxicManChowder

Known Member
Supporter
27/5/24
Here and Now
I never really appreciated how difficult it is to get a good picture until now! I received my 126500 Black Dial CF yesterday, and really loving it, very impressive. So I thought, hey, I'll take a few pictures and post them. Man, that's not easy!

Giving it a shot, here ya go.

I think I need some serious HOW-TO photograph the watch.
iPhone seems to shit all over the place, and the distortion is horrible.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I never really appreciated how difficult it is to get a good picture until now! I received my 126500 Black Dial CF yesterday, and really loving it, very impressive. So I thought, hey, I'll take a few pictures and post them. Man, that's not easy!

iPhone is fine. Just need good lighting.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22

Reactions: SS72

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19

Here you go guys this one is with updated subdials… same like we saw on vsf daytonas, if you could share to us some more pics on different lightnings

Reactions: AG91 and m5smg2