• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
since you have both gen and clean IRL, can you comment on what other major differences do you see?
I think he just had gen crystal on one of the cleans, not the gen watch..

Orthopod

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/7/23
usa
Sorry, trying to work too fast and made a complete mess of what I meant to say! The 6 marker is crooked, not 12

My 2 cents. I own several versions of this. The 6 oclock marker is TINY. Once you get one you will see this for yourself. You will not see small deviations in those small markers.

Id GLK the watch and enjoy if for what its worth. A beautiful watch at a fraction of the cost of gen, and the ability to actually get one on your wrist!

Reactions: m5smg2

jtks

Getting To Know The Place
25/5/20
Do you guys think this is close to NWBIG level?
If not, what can Clean improves on the V2? (apart from the movement)

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Do you guys think this is close to NWBIG level?
If not, what can Clean improves on the V2? (apart from the movement)
Clean rep is, on the high end, ~$800. Gen is $15,100 MSRP and ~$30k market value

800 / 15,100 = ~5% MSRP
800 / 30,000 = <3% market value

Close to 60 pages of discussion should tell you whether this is NWBIG for you or not.

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
My 2 cents. I own several versions of this. The 6 oclock marker is TINY. Once you get one you will see this for yourself. You will not see small deviations in those small markers.

Id GLK the watch and enjoy if for what its worth. A beautiful watch at a fraction of the cost of gen, and the ability to actually get one on your wrist!
I studied my QC pics in great detail and the two things that caught my eye was a weird looking hole in the coronet and a wonkey 6 marker... when I studied other pics from different angles those issues disappeared so I GL'd it.... it's on its way (oh & its a SBF/VSF so it'll be interesting to see how good it is in RL

Orthopod

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/7/23
usa
I studied my QC pics in great detail and the two things that caught my eye was a weird looking hole in the coronet and a wonkey 6 marker... when I studied other pics from different angles those issues disappeared so I GL'd it.... it's on its way (oh & its a SBF/VSF so it'll be interesting to see how good it is in RL
lol yeah those little things you see in your QC pics you realize are absolutely tiny and in reality . I wore several of mine in an AD while in vacation last week. Our first day on vacation they told me they had no watches for sale. After going in there for four or five days were different replicas. They offered me a couple of watches that they did not even consider offering me on my first day visiting.

Orthopod

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/7/23
usa
Sorry, been drinking all day!! I think I double posted.

In essence enjoy the damn watch. Don’t stress over my details.

Last edited:
Reactions: cheeseroyale

Orthopod

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/7/23
usa
NWBIG is a meaningless term which means different things to different people.
I agree completely. It’s a useless term. If you have the money and it’s offered to you and you want to buy the watch well buy it.

If it’s something you can’t afford, or never offered to you then maybe it should be named ICAIBWBIR
“ I can’t afford it but worth buying in replica”

OR

IBARBNA
“ I bought a replica because not available”

Last edited:

EagleBear

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/15
SoCal
Nice! How’s the winding on yours? I read some of the earlier releases had some grit, is yours nice and smooth?
Thanks, like butter… visually and mechanically nothing I can tell so far. I will give it some time on the wrist before really knowing if there are any real issues.

Reactions: m5smg2 and ogh gee

tfranma

Getting To Know The Place
2/7/15
Thanks, like butter… visually and mechanically nothing I can tell so far. I will give it some time on the wrist before really knowing if there are any real issues.
Awesome, they must be improving since the first batch. Clean makes such a nice Panda, makes it very tempting. Enjoy it!

Reactions: EagleBear

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I’ve read left and right that Clean has updated the markers to make them more well rounded in recent batches, is this correct?

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
I’ve read left and right that Clean has updated the markers to make them more well rounded in recent batches, is this correct?
Yes yes and yes, they are not flat anymore… only if you get some old stocks of the dial but i havent seen them recently

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
And I also think that they improved the finishing and painting of black dial subcounters...
Not the painting but the finishing , they are now all flat inside metal ring, on the first batches they was little curved on the edges, hard to explain but ocds like me will understand 😂😂