• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

Wowsc

Horology Curious
Supporter
Certified
8/10/22
I believe this is the first time I read of a CF 126500 that fails QC. CF has done an amazing job with this model. But there is a first time for everything...
Even Clean isn't free of errors. I had an QC with a big SEL's gap. But the next one was very good.

• Wow
Reactions: Endez

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Sorry, trying to work too fast and made a complete mess of what I meant to say! The 6 marker is crooked, not 12

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Sorry, trying to work too fast and made a complete mess of what I meant to say! The 6 marker is crooked, not 12
Friend 6 marker is just a hair off. I would have GL it. Describing it “extremely crooked” is well…extreme lol

Reactions: Bobi01

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Really appreciate your thoughts as a really valued and frequent contributor. Maybe it’s just me but as soon as I looked through the images it just stood out at me.

Reactions: m5smg2

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Actually the Coronet does look older. Now I’m wondering if maybe it’s VS Daytona?
@Mancster

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Errr don’t say that! I’m going to post some other pictures of the replacement watch that I received for QC today…..

Sakul12349

29/3/23
DENMARK
I have just recieved my 126500 panda with gen crystal from @germanynrw. Nice piece, but I would say that CF crystal is 99,9% close to gen crystal. It is impossible (and I mean impossible) to see the difference IRL.

So my conclusion is: Deep crystal is very far from gen. CF crystal is very close to gen. Do not change crystal as I think there is no difference. Gen to the left, CF to the right.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I have just recieved my 126500 panda with gen crystal from @germanynrw. Nice piece, but I would say that CF crystal is 99,9% close to gen crystal. It is impossible (and I mean impossible) to see the difference IRL.

So my conclusion is: Deep crystal is very far from gen. CF crystal is very close to gen. Do not change crystal as I think there is no difference. Gen to the left, CF to the right.

Finally some true comparison with gen, clean crystal is top top, hue of the dial is a hair off but thats nothing big as i can see , thanks man

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07

Yes, thanks for this Side by side. Finally shows how close this new Clean crystal is to gen 👍

Sakul12349

29/3/23
DENMARK
Finally some true comparison with gen, clean crystal is top top, hue of the dial is a hair off but thats nothing big as i can see , thanks man
The difference in color temperature in the pictures can be due to the way the camera captures colors and reflections.

In real life, dial colors and crystals are 99,9% the same (I would say 100%, but I do not have a microscope).

It is the best rep crystal I have ever seen (including VSF) as edges, clariry, cloudiness, reflections, color etc. are 99,9% similar to gen. I think cameras could be the reson for the rumors abort clean crystals being more blueish :)

Reactions: chrisat and m5smg2

Sakul12349

29/3/23
DENMARK
The difference in color temperature in the pictures can be due to the way the camera captures colors and reflections.

In real life, dial colors and crystals are 99,9% the same (I would say 100%, but I do not have a microscope).

It is the best rep crystal I have ever seen (including VSF) as edges, clariry, cloudiness, reflections, color etc. are 99,9% similar to gen. I think cameras could be the reson for the rumors abort clean crystals being more blueish :)
And also that many rep owners compare CF crystals to BTF or Deep and not gens. My Deep is way way way too clear and nonreflective compared to the gen :)

Reactions: m5smg2

jtks

Horology Curious
25/5/20
And also that many rep owners compare CF crystals to BTF or Deep and not gens. My Deep is way way way too clear and nonreflective compared to the gen :)
since you have both gen and clean IRL, can you comment on what other major differences do you see?