• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

superflysocal

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/23
USA
Stop derailing this thread about things that aren't related to the topic at hand.

Ok cool you're a high society mover amongst watch circles / jewelers and can afford a 126x Daytona and people around you care enough to look at your watch.

No relevance to the Clean Daytona whatsoever. There are threads discussing the matter of wearing replicas and the nature of it in the General Discussion area.
fair enough.

superflysocal

6/2/23
USA
Him again. He should get a Big Mac.
Bored Kill Me GIF by reactionseditor
Depends on where the McDonald's is at.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Hi Tribe, I have a question for the experts , what is the consensus on Daytonas :

The two most desired models in their categories: The Panda in 116500 is more sought after and better finished than the new Panda 126500. However, the black dial in 116500 is not very desired... the subdial is too imposing and not harmonious, making the whole look heavier. On the other hand, Rolex has magnificently succeeded with the black dial in 126500, which the most recognized experts liken to the iconic 116520 model.

The combo to own is indeed:

116500 Panda and 126500 Black? Both from CF?

Cheers

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Hi Tribe, I have a question for the experts , what is the consensus on Daytonas :

The two most desired models in their categories: The Panda in 116500 is more sought after and better finished than the new Panda 126500. However, the black dial in 116500 is not very desired... the subdial is too imposing and not harmonious, making the whole look heavier. On the other hand, Rolex has magnificently succeeded with the black dial in 126500, which the most recognized experts liken to the iconic 116520 model.

The combo to own is indeed:

116500 Panda and 126500 Black? Both from CF?

Cheers
It's personal preference.

The 116500 looks sportier and the 126500 looks more elegant. The 126500 wears bigger, the 116500 wears smaller.

My opinion (if it even matters) is the 116500 Panda is the better looking between the 116 and 126, but the black dial the 126500 is superior. Don't know how to explain it.

Also to note is that black Daytona 116500 is selling hot on the grey market at $27k while the 116520 can be found for as low as $17k, so the market says otherwise about the 116520 vs 116500 in general....

With regards to the replica, I would hold for a bit, BTF also released the 126500 recently so we are still waiting on in hand shots and comparisons to truly determine which one is better. But the Clean variant is not bad either, if you can't wait then you can't do anything wrong with Clean.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
It's personal preference.

The 116500 looks sportier and the 126500 looks more elegant. The 126500 wears bigger, the 116500 wears smaller.

My opinion (if it even matters) is the 116500 Panda is the better looking between the 116 and 126, but the black dial the 126500 is superior. Don't know how to explain it.

Also to note is that black Daytona 116500 is selling hot on the grey market at $27k while the 116520 can be found for as low as $17k, so the market says otherwise about the 116520 vs 116500 in general....

With regards to the replica, I would hold for a bit, BTF also released the 126500 recently so we are still waiting on in hand shots and comparisons to truly determine which one is better. But the Clean variant is not bad either, if you can't wait then you can't do anything wrong with Clean.
Thanks for ur insights, I have never heard of Btf being a Tier Rolex player , not saying they can’t be obv ;), ok will keep an eye open , cheers

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Thanks for ur insights, I have never heard of Btf being a Tier Rolex player , not saying they can’t be onv ;), ok will keep an eye open , cheers
BTF is probably the 2nd best Daytona factory... and they have been for the last several years.... some argue that BTF Panda > Clean Panda due to the crystal and the warmth of the dial....

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Good for you. Unfortunately, my circle consists of watch people with all of their families owning jewelry stores.

Just curious, if you don't really care what people think, why are you interested in a Clean Factory daytona, considered to be one of the best "super-clone"? You could just go with other "good" reps like VSF, etc for much less in cost.

Also, why the big discussion between clean otb vs with deep glass and which is more gen like if it doesn't matter what people think?

Somehow, I think people are kidding themselves if they really don't care what people think. But good for you that you don't.
I must have specified, sorry.
I dont care what people think that dont matter in my life:)

Reactions: superflysocal

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
Good for you. Unfortunately, my circle consists of watch people with all of their families owning jewelry stores.

Just curious, if you don't really care what people think, why are you interested in a Clean Factory daytona, considered to be one of the best "super-clone"? You could just go with other "good" reps like VSF, etc for much less in cost.

Also, why the big discussion between clean otb vs with deep glass and which is more gen like if it doesn't matter what people think?

Somehow, I think people are kidding themselves if they really don't care what people think. But good for you that you don't.
It is a watch really hard to get at list price, but not a piece unique, so if you can afford it at resell price you can have it tomorrow, at this point it depends on if you can pull it off or not I guess.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
So seeing the new BTF Panda- Is anybody completely happy keeping the Clean? I honestly think it is the better watch and no need to switch/upgrade

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

AG91

7/3/22
from what I could observe and read, in my opinion... the best white dial is the CF without a doubt, the best black dial is BTF because it does not have the numbers of the sub-dials close to the edges, but well centered, I also seemed to see in the sub-dials also a certain soleil effect like on the gen, something not present in the clean. also on the movement there is a very good SH4131 against a DD4131 of which we have high expectations, but of which we still do not know much... I, personally, wanting a black dial will wait for further comparisons and developments. but in the case of the white I would immediately go with CF