• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

jtks

Getting To Know The Place
25/5/20
I can definitely spot the blue tint on the rep here. Does it actually have that much of a blue tint in real life without the light? Seems like on some other pictures it doesn't have it but on your set of photos i can see it very clearly and far from gen
I don't notice any blue tint at all IRL. I wore it to the British F1 GP paddock club and everyone thinks it's gen.

Reactions: AG91

tfranma

2/7/15
One thing I did notice that wasn't obviously visible during QC, the start stop chrono button doesn't thread in as much as the reset, not noticeable to the eye really but I did notice when screwing in. Not the end of the world! When this watch goes for a service + gen crystal I'll see if anything can be done but it's not a big deal.

And next to my clean daytona with deep crystal:

Sorry for the pic spam!
Sweet. Between the two Clean Daytonas, any notable differences in quality or finishing between the 11 vs the 12 series? How about bracelet and clasp, either seem nicer than the other?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Received yesterday!

Very nice! That metal band around the bezel makes such a difference. Bezel inserts NEED to be surrounded, IMO. Things look better when framed. This exact watch is my next purchase, me thinks :)

rdothroaway

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/5/21
Sweet. Between the two Clean Daytonas, any notable differences in quality or finishing between the 11 vs the 12 series? How about bracelet and clasp, either seem nicer than the other?
The 12 series feels a little more substantial both are excellent though. Bracelet and clasp are the usual goodness but I much prefer the way the end links meet the case, CF had a little gap in the corners (I know some gen have this too but I personally didn't like it).

I have to say, I can't fault this watch at all, looking at gen pictures the only thing I notice is the subdial is maybe less bright? You'd never be able to argue that for definite without the two watches in hand in the same light.

Reactions: tfranma and m5smg2

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
Random info
- clean watch head is 68grams, bracelet is 70 grams( 2 links taken out)
- btf watch head is 66 grams , bracelet is 67 grams ( 2 links taken out)

Took both brackets off to pop into the ultra sonic cleaner and I got curious about it

Reactions: m5smg2 and ogh gee

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Random info
- clean watch head is 68grams, bracelet is 70 grams( 2 links taken out)
- btf watch head is 66 grams , bracelet is 67 grams ( 2 links taken out)

Took both brackets off to pop into the ultra sonic cleaner and I got curious about it
Interesting on the bracelet. On the 11 Daytonas both BT and Clean used ARF bracelets. Maybe BT uses another supplier now? How does the BT bracelet fit and feel compared to the Clean? Thanks 🙏

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
Interesting on the bracelet. On the 11 Daytonas both BT and Clean used ARF bracelets. Maybe BT uses another supplier now? How does the BT bracelet fit and feel compared to the Clean? Thanks 🙏
They both feel exactly the same to me, the end link on btf is a bit low on the 6 o’clock part of the watch

Reactions: m5smg2

tfranma

2/7/15
They both feel exactly the same to me, the end link on btf is a bit low on the 6 o’clock part of the watch
Great info. Do the clasps feel of equal quality and build? Do you prefer once watch vs the other for any reason?

jtks

25/5/20
AFAIK, the quality of ARF bracelet can be inconsistent sometimes. Out of my 5 Clean watches with ARF bracelet, one of it feels slightly lighter. The difference isn't night and day but if you hold them side by side and pay close attention, you can feel it.

Good thing is, in terms of finishing, I don't notice any difference.

Reactions: m5smg2

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
As the original ARF watch factory closed, its bracelet factory remained and sold to BT and Clean. I know it’s a bit confusing, but were referring to the bracelet factory which Im sure is not called “ARF”….thats just a name we use now as the bracelet supplier..