• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

jtks

Getting To Know The Place
25/5/20
Does the SH4131 come with 72 hr PR?
I just tested mine and achieved 68 hours.

rdothroaway

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/5/21
Gen crystal fitted, pushers given a slightly satin finish like gen (might still need to tone it down a bit with cape cod), polish rehaut and address the crunchy pusher and some of the noisy rotor noise. Solution noticed a fair bit of fibers and poor finishing around the pusher area. Here's some pics!

rdothroaway

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/5/21
Gen crystal has been a really big improvement, I didn't think it would be this significant. It gives the dial a ton more depth and makes the subdials pop more, especially the polished rings around them.

Reactions: AG91

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Gen crystal has been a really big improvement, I didn't think it would be this significant. It gives the dial a ton more depth and makes the subdials pop more, especially the polished rings around them.
Wow nice upgrades. Thanks for the detailed pics. Looks like the gen crystal shows more on the black dial photos. Would you k ow if the pushers are gen fit, construction? 🙏

rdothroaway

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/5/21
Wow nice upgrades. Thanks for the detailed pics. Looks like the gen crystal shows more on the black dial photos. Would you k ow if the pushers are gen fit, construction? 🙏
I believe much like the 116500 they are not interchangeable with gen, the threads are different. You can cut new threads into the case and use gen though, but not a straight swap.

Pushers are different between 116500 and 126500 too, the button is the same but the part that screws in to the case is different from my understanding.

Reactions: m5smg2

shadys

Known Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
8/6/20
Hi all,

got my Clean 126500 white and Clean 126500 black several days ago.

Feedback from my side:
The 126500 white outbeats the black one for me in every aspect, also in comparision to the 116500 white. For me, the white model is the clear winner, supporting the long lasting premium that white models ask for.

I am surprised how bad the 126500 black looks at my wrist. I have expected something totally different, as I like the watch on pictures. Confirming once again, you need to see the watches on your wrist. It appears way bigger than the white one, looking disproportionate on my wrist.

Regarding the quality, a lot has been said. I do agree, that it is impossible to spot a difference when wearing the watch on your wrist. When it comes to feeling and especially winding the watch, at least I can immediate tell that those are non genuine watches. Still, unbeatable price performace ratio.

However, I seem to have bad luck with my 126500 white, as I can hear a clear noise from the rotor when shaking the watch since yesterday. Accuracy and power reserve are also poor and nowhere near the values you guys are having.

Also, the at my model, the color of the indexes seems to be slightly different and do not perfectly match the color of the dial. So I assume there are minor differences in the batch. Pictures attached, no filters

Also the engravings on your white 126 bezel seem different from the ones on your black 126 bezel. Interesting to see how these vary between batches

Bentona

28/4/23
Indonesia
Gen crystal fitted, pushers given a slightly satin finish like gen (might still need to tone it down a bit with cape cod), polish rehaut and address the crunchy pusher and some of the noisy rotor noise. Solution noticed a fair bit of fibers and poor finishing around the pusher area. Here's some pics!

How much the gen xtal cost? And where you bought it?

Morg77

1/2/21
hhCTp2.jpeg

After full service from my watch maker, the movement is dry from factory.. He clean all of the gears with ultrasonic cleaner, oiling them properly, regulate in few positions.. Now it's keep very good timing accuracy, only +1 second after 4 day of using.. The winding also become buttery smooth.

Der_Wo_Da_So

Patron
Certified
23/7/24
hhCTp2.jpeg

After full service from my watch maker, the movement is dry from factory.. He clean all of the gears with ultrasonic cleaner, oiling them properly, regulate in few positions.. Now it's keep very good timing accuracy, only +1 second after 4 day of using.. The winding also become buttery smooth.
Looks awesome buddy!

Reactions: Morg77

FlamingMontains

Known Member
Patron
16/10/23
hhCTp2.jpeg

I sent my 116500 CF for a service at a local watchsmith, what a huge difference it made. Before my watch would stop working after I put it down for a few hours, it was horrible at keeping time. Has been very accurate now.

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Just got my qc pics from trusty. Ive green lighted it. Do all white batches have the big O on the rolex crown now?

9 marker looks slightly wonky but wont notice on the wrist. Cant wait to get it

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Guys who have installed deep crystals on your clean daytonas, which crystal gasket do you used?
Stock from clean or something else?
Thanks in advance guys

Der_Wo_Da_So

Patron
Certified
23/7/24
Ordered another 126500 Clean with a white dial from another dealer some weeks ago. Am excited, once it arrives. Extra paid for a watch smith service to see and feel a difference to my first watch. Cannot wait to put both watches side by side and spot potential differences. Will keep you guys updated

FlamingMontains

Known Member
Patron
16/10/23
Ordered another 126500 Clean with a white dial from another dealer some weeks ago. Am excited, once it arrives. Extra paid for a watch smith service to see and feel a difference to my first watch. Cannot wait to put both watches side by side and spot potential differences. Will keep you guys updated

You paid for that service through the dealer? I suggest just finding a local one.