• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

Der_Wo_Da_So

Getting To Know The Place
Patron
Certified
23/7/24
Not so easy where I am located. If you guys have some advice for watch smiths located in Germany that have no issue with our hobby, I would appreciate a PM. Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Move'n Up

Radiantz

Do not accept unsolicited offers
22/8/24
So far I've seen some posting the gen xtal is much clearer than the clean overall IRL. However both xtals looks similar in pictures minus the blue hue on clean.

Mark113811

4/8/20
Guys who have installed deep crystals on your clean daytonas, which crystal gasket do you used?
Stock from clean or something else?
Thanks in advance guys
I'm interested too. Please share your knowledge.

Der_Wo_Da_So

Patron
Certified
23/7/24
Ladies and gentlemen,

As announced, the second 126500 white arrived today, as various things bothered me with my first copy, in particular the rotor, which has been clearly noticeable as soon as the watch is moved.

First of all, I deliberately ordered from two different TDs.

Today I received my 2nd copy. Exactly 42 days passed from order to delivery. To be fair, I ordered a watch maker service directly with it, which also took some time.

What is quite obvious to me is that there seem to be small differences in the batches. The clearest difference is the bezel, which is significantly more shiny on the second model and has a significantly better filling. You can clearly see this on the pictues.

Unfortunately, the flaw, which really bothered me on the first copy, is also visible on the second copy. Unfortunately, it doesn't come across the way in the pictures, but the color difference between the dial and the markers is noticeable. While the dial has a nice pure white color, the marker have a yellowish tone to me. Although I haven't been able to hold a genuine 126500 in my hands yet, I can't imagine that this fact will be noticeable with the real deal.

Funnily enough, the bracelet feels a bit more valuable on the first copy, also in terms of the noise when it is closed and opened, but fully ok with the 2nd copy as well.

Winding and setting the watch is a clear difference from the second example. The watchmaker service pays off this time it seems. The watch can be set much better and the crown can be moeved much more smoothly.

In summary, for me the 126500 in white is still one of the most beautiful models in the current collection. I stand by my statement that no one will recognize that it is a copy while wearing the watch on your wrist.

But I also have to say very clearly that you will recognize the differences as soon as you hold the watch in your hand and look closely at it. The finish is of course not the same as on a genuine one (not well-placed indices everywhere, the color mismatch with the dial and the bracelet in detail).

But still, I enjoy the watch.

I will report about its accuracy soon, as well as whether the rotor will be noticable again after some time.

If you have any questions, get in touch, pictures attached.

Reactions: AG91 and m5smg2

Dexxter

21/3/24
Ladies and gentlemen,

As announced, the second 126500 white arrived today, as various things bothered me with my first copy, in particular the rotor, which has been clearly noticeable as soon as the watch is moved.

First of all, I deliberately ordered from two different TDs.

Today I received my 2nd copy. Exactly 42 days passed from order to delivery. To be fair, I ordered a watch maker service directly with it, which also took some time.

What is quite obvious to me is that there seem to be small differences in the batches. The clearest difference is the bezel, which is significantly more shiny on the second model and has a significantly better filling. You can clearly see this on the pictues.

Unfortunately, the flaw, which really bothered me on the first copy, is also visible on the second copy. Unfortunately, it doesn't come across the way in the pictures, but the color difference between the dial and the markers is noticeable. While the dial has a nice pure white color, the marker have a yellowish tone to me. Although I haven't been able to hold a genuine 126500 in my hands yet, I can't imagine that this fact will be noticeable with the real deal.

Funnily enough, the bracelet feels a bit more valuable on the first copy, also in terms of the noise when it is closed and opened, but fully ok with the 2nd copy as well.

Winding and setting the watch is a clear difference from the second example. The watchmaker service pays off this time it seems. The watch can be set much better and the crown can be moeved much more smoothly.

In summary, for me the 126500 in white is still one of the most beautiful models in the current collection. I stand by my statement that no one will recognize that it is a copy while wearing the watch on your wrist.

But I also have to say very clearly that you will recognize the differences as soon as you hold the watch in your hand and look closely at it. The finish is of course not the same as on a genuine one (not well-placed indices everywhere, the color mismatch with the dial and the bracelet in detail).

But still, I enjoy the watch.

I will report about its accuracy soon, as well as whether the rotor will be noticable again after some time.

If you have any questions, get in touch, pictures attached.

I´m thinking about getting the steel one in black, too. I already have the Panda and it´s quite nice. Which watchmaker service did you book? A full service?
Thanks!

Der_Wo_Da_So

Patron
Certified
23/7/24
I´m thinking about getting the steel one in black, too. I already have the Panda and it´s quite nice. Which watchmaker service did you book? A full service?
Thanks!
I have the black one as well - see previous posts in here. It is a totally different watch. I love the white one, I don't like the black one at all on my wrist. I was quite astonished, as I also love the black one on pictures but not on my wrist. It appears significantly bigger.

Orderd with EU Stock this time; they also offer a watch maker service along their ordering process.

Der_Wo_Da_So

Patron
Certified
23/7/24

I greenlight this one today. I ordered the Oysterflex and the endlinks and CTime will install it before shipping.
This is a good example what I mean with matching colors. Compare this picture to mine which I just posted today. Here, the markers look more white in comparison to mine. Bad luck for me now 2 times I guess...

Reactions: m5smg2