• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
This is a good example what I mean with matching colors. Compare this picture to mine which I just posted today. Here, the markers look more white in comparison to mine. Bad luck for me now 2 times I guess...
The term you are looking for is lume. The little plots of the markers are filled with luminsence materials which glow. Depending on mixture of lume and binder and other factors it can result in the color you are seeing. Hope this helps.

jtks

Getting To Know The Place
25/5/20
I have the black one as well - see previous posts in here. It is a totally different watch. I love the white one, I don't like the black one at all on my wrist. I was quite astonished, as I also love the black one on pictures but not on my wrist. It appears significantly bigger.

Orderd with EU Stock this time; they also offer a watch maker service along their ordering process.
I agree the black dial looks amazing on pic but IRL it doesn't pop as much as the white dial. I got the white dial first and decided to get a black dial after seeing all the black dial pics here that look fantastic. But IRL I find myself enjoying white dial more. YMMV

And the "color mismatch" that you mentioned earlier is due to the lume. AFAIK, no lume fill can achieve exact same white color as the white dial. I took a second look at my white dial gen and notice the same color difference as well. The difference is really really small and much much less noticeable comparing to the difference of white gold vs SS indices. Also bear in mind that lume fill turn more yellowish as it ages. Overall, I wouldn't consider this as a flaw.

Der_Wo_Da_So

Patron
Certified
23/7/24
I agree the black dial looks amazing on pic but IRL it doesn't pop as much as the white dial. I got the white dial first and decided to get a black dial after seeing all the black dial pics here that look fantastic. But IRL I find myself enjoying white dial more. YMMV

And the "color mismatch" that you mentioned earlier is due to the lume. AFAIK, no lume fill can achieve exact same white color as the white dial. I took a second look at my white dial gen and notice the same color difference as well. The difference is really really small and much much less noticeable comparing to the difference of white gold vs SS indices. Also bear in mind that lume fill turn more yellowish as it ages. Overall, I wouldn't consider this as a flaw.
Thanks for your post, confirming that the color of the lume (yes, that was the term I was missing) is better on the gen.

shadys

Known Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
8/6/20
Ladies and gentlemen,

As announced, the second 126500 white arrived today, as various things bothered me with my first copy, in particular the rotor, which has been clearly noticeable as soon as the watch is moved.

First of all, I deliberately ordered from two different TDs.

Today I received my 2nd copy. Exactly 42 days passed from order to delivery. To be fair, I ordered a watch maker service directly with it, which also took some time.

What is quite obvious to me is that there seem to be small differences in the batches. The clearest difference is the bezel, which is significantly more shiny on the second model and has a significantly better filling. You can clearly see this on the pictues.

Unfortunately, the flaw, which really bothered me on the first copy, is also visible on the second copy. Unfortunately, it doesn't come across the way in the pictures, but the color difference between the dial and the markers is noticeable. While the dial has a nice pure white color, the marker have a yellowish tone to me. Although I haven't been able to hold a genuine 126500 in my hands yet, I can't imagine that this fact will be noticeable with the real deal.

Funnily enough, the bracelet feels a bit more valuable on the first copy, also in terms of the noise when it is closed and opened, but fully ok with the 2nd copy as well.

Winding and setting the watch is a clear difference from the second example. The watchmaker service pays off this time it seems. The watch can be set much better and the crown can be moeved much more smoothly.

In summary, for me the 126500 in white is still one of the most beautiful models in the current collection. I stand by my statement that no one will recognize that it is a copy while wearing the watch on your wrist.

But I also have to say very clearly that you will recognize the differences as soon as you hold the watch in your hand and look closely at it. The finish is of course not the same as on a genuine one (not well-placed indices everywhere, the color mismatch with the dial and the bracelet in detail).

But still, I enjoy the watch.

I will report about its accuracy soon, as well as whether the rotor will be noticable again after some time.

If you have any questions, get in touch, pictures attached.

I noticed the difference in bezel batches as well. But from pictures. Seems to me that earlier batches share the same bezels with BTF which have shallower and narrower markers. But I think the narrower and shallower ones are more gen like

simonleg

Do not accept unsolicited offers
7/1/24
Hi everyone, a few days ago I ordered a clean panda and today the seller sent me the photos... I have a doubt: the numbers and the writing on the bezel are definitely more marked both compared to the gen and the photos present on Chazing Time, what do you think? In your opinion, should I accept it?

Thanks!

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Hi everyone, a few days ago I ordered a clean panda and today the seller sent me the photos... I have a doubt: the numbers and the writing on the bezel are definitely more marked both compared to the gen and the photos present on Chazing Time, what do you think? In your opinion, should I accept it?

Thanks!
From which of our Trusted Dealers did you order ?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22

Thanks!
If you're saying what I think you're saying, the rep bezel engravings is deeper than gen, this is a known rep issue, not a QC issue please compare here :

Reactions: AG91

116515guy

12/3/24
I have 2 126500 Cleans SH4131s

One white one black

The black dial has been problematic.

1. The Crown keeps unseating itself from the stem so that when it goes from 2nd to 3rd position it doesn't "click" anymore. It just kinda catches with slight rotational give. Dunno how to fix it

2. The rotor morphed somehow dispute me rarely wear the watch and it mainly sitting I the watch box. The rotor is somehow scrapping the inside of the. CAseback.
My watchmaker was able to rig and repair it but it happened twice after the second repair it hasn't morphed again yet.

The White tile so far hasn't had any problems and I were the most almost every day. More than my gen Daytona

Reactions: m5smg2 and AG91

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I have 2 126500 Cleans SH4131s

One white one black

The black dial has been problematic.

1. The Crown keeps unseating itself from the stem so that when it goes from 2nd to 3rd position it doesn't "click" anymore. It just kinda catches with slight rotational give. Dunno how to fix it

2. The rotor morphed somehow dispute me rarely wear the watch and it mainly sitting I the watch box. The rotor is somehow scrapping the inside of the. CAseback.
My watchmaker was able to rig and repair it but it happened twice after the second repair it hasn't morphed again yet.

The White tile so far hasn't had any problems and I were the most almost every day. More than my gen Daytona
1. The crown loose off the stem sounds like an easy fix. Remove stem, screw and tighten the crown securely and refit stem. Or your watch guy should be able to do this in few minutes.

2. The rotor shouldn’t make contact with the case back, unless it came loose? if it does make contact you should see signs of rub marks/scrapes on rotor and back. Maybe it just sounds like it’s scraping? I ask because the early SH4131 rotors were louder (both mine were, like a subtle scrape sound) and both are now smoother and quieter after a month of wear, so too the windowing is smoother..

116515guy

12/3/24
How do I go about removing the crown? Can It be done without removing the movement from the case?

FlamingMontains

Known Member
Patron
16/10/23
Just got mine from GeekTime. Going to drop it off to the watchsmith on Monday for a full service, install Deep Crystal, and probably oil the bracelet links.

Reactions: m5smg2

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
How do I go about removing the crown? Can It be done without removing the movement from the case?
Yes. Just remove case back. In winding position, find and gently push in the little pin hole stem release button while pulling out stem.

The crown screws onto the threaded stem tip. I use needle nose pliers to hold the stem and finger tighten the crown. Then gently push the stem back in, you’ll hear/feel click and the seconds will run..

Last edited: