• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheating at QC pictures?

galveston

Known Member
31/3/11
Hi galveston, i will take it you missed the sticky on your way into this thread. I am pretty sure some members here don't bother with QC photos from their dealers, i'm one of them. Cos we know what we buying, and have absolute trust in them. All i say it's really individual preference now, some wanted pics some don't bother. Seriously, what if i'm just saying...like one member said about the girl with the moustache hahahaa, if the QC pic you see is everything as you expected to see and when you got the package voila hands came off, dial has imperfection.. so whats it gonna be?

Thanks for the help. I did not see the sticky for QC pictures. I will spend some time today checking out your dealer site on RWI.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If he were a Trusted Dealer it would say Trusted Dealer wouldn't it?
He's a Supporting Vendor as it says.

jd7272

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/13
First let me say I've only read through the first 12 pages, so I dont know if this has been said already. I've ordered from Ryan before & found him and Jordon to be very professional and accommodating.
Could it be possible that the watch was shipped to him like that? And trying to ship it out asap the pictures were taken the same as the watch was received by him?

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
First let me say I've only read through the first 12 pages, so ....

So you still have a lot to read. Read first then ask.

[...]I am pretty sure some members here don't bother with QC photos from their dealers, i'm one of them. Cos we know what we buying, and have absolute trust in them. [...]

Can you please be more specific about this? You have absolute trust in what exactly. That you will receive the watch that you ordered OR that it will be checked before shipping OR that the dealer will take care of you in case you will find that the watch has only one hand or crooked index at 12 AFTER you receive it?

Someone showed this qc pic earlier:
IMG_6562.jpg

Tell me - how can it possibly be shown to the potential customer? What is the dealer thinking about proposing the watch with this crooked index at 12 to the forum member?
And now again - do you absolutely trust that if it was you who ordered this AP without even demanding qc pics you would receive some other, better piece? Or you just don't bother such small imperfection... and don't expect the gen quality from the rep?

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
So you still have a lot to read. Read first then ask.

Can you please be more specific about this? You have absolute trust in what exactly. That you will receive the watch that you ordered OR that it will be checked before shipping OR that the dealer will take care of you in case you will find that the watch has only one hand or crooked index at 12 AFTER you receive it?

Someone showed this qc pic earlier:
IMG_6562.jpg

Tell me - how can it possibly be shown to the potential customer? What is the dealer thinking about proposing the watch with this crooked index at 12 to the forum member?
And now again - do you absolutely trust that if it was you who ordered this AP without even demanding qc pics you would receive some other, better piece? Or you just don't bother such small imperfection... and don't expect the gen quality from the rep?
sure, in the people i deal with. Yes the watches i ordered, frankly i don't know if they check for me prior to shipping. I have known my regular dealer for a long time, he and his team will never do such cheap trick on me.

What you wish to hear me say about such dealer, to even show a QC pic above like that to me? insulting my visual abilities?? or did they not even look at what they photo???

I don't know how often you make a purchase, but i buy almost every week. Not one or two but in tenth. I have never received a watch that has cosmetic issue, but mechanically yes. One or two failed after a few days but i have them fix at my watchmaker's workshop.

Btw, after the V3 diver purchased last yr that was the last. It was my first purchase with him, and the last. I used to order from other TD but not anymore now.

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
[...]

I don't know how often you make a purchase, but i buy almost every week. Not one or two but in tenth. I have never received a watch that has cosmetic issue,

Wow! Lucky you!
No, I don't buy that much. I bought about 25 or 30 reps in my whole career.
Nevertheless some of them had cosmetic issues. And I can accept the fact that it happens.

My point is that not I nor anyone else, no matter if we are the first time buyers or returning customer, are any special for those guys (dealers).
As someone said before there are no space for any lose for them.
They will propose you the watch with the crooked index hoping that you are not that picky.
They will cover the flaw with the hand hoping you will not find it as a big issue.
They will make the picture from the specific angle that you will not see the misaligned date hoping that you will be too lazy to send the watch back.
They will dropship you a dead watch without any inspection because they don't give a sh*t. After that they will say that the watch was ok and something must have happened during the transportation.
Many examples here - only in this thread.
This is how it works.
And yes, IF you are not happy, they will offer you some sort of solution. And this is the only thing we can trust. Otherwise they wouldn't be on the forum's TDs list. But are they honest with us, customers? Nah.... not really.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Wow! Lucky you!
No, I don't buy that much. I bought about 25 or 30 reps in my whole career.
Nevertheless some of them had cosmetic issues. And I can accept the fact that it happens.

My point is that not I nor anyone else, no matter if we are the first time buyers or returning customer, are any special for those guys (dealers).
As someone said before there are no space for any lose for them.
They will propose you the watch with the crooked index hoping that you are not that picky.
They will cover the flaw with the hand hoping you will not find it as a big issue.
They will make the picture from the specific angle that you will not see the misaligned date hoping that you will be too lazy to send the watch back.
They will dropship you a dead watch without any inspection because they don't give a sh*t. After that they will say that the watch was ok and something must have happened during the transportation.
Many examples here - only in this thread.
This is how it works.
And yes, IF you are not happy, they will offer you some sort of solution. And this is the only thing we can trust. Otherwise they wouldn't be on the forum's TDs list. But are they honest with us, customers? Nah.... not really.
i totally understand where you coming now, and like i mentioned in my earlier post i getting to feel disgusted. :facepalm:

yesh i think i was lucky, and you know what. Most my buyers are gen owners, yesh i got them into the rep world..they do sometimes tell me there finger print on the inside of the crystal or dust particles on the dial when they examine up close the watches. But i told them, those can be taken care off in the next servicing and thankfully they understand they are reps, so they don't really bother that much.

Thanks for starting this thread and like i said, i hope it had served it's purpose, a wake up call to all dropshippers! <<<<<< thanks Luth sifu for explaining what dropshipping means!

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
are you still rambling on .. about b@@@@@ks i post the pic for 2 reasons ..
1. is not hiding anything what so ever .. or the minute had would have been positioned @12
2 oblivious this is a major dial flaw if his qc department where trying to cover that up which they never did as you don't need a loop to see that !

so my point being is ...the qc department were hiding anything .. well there not here ! and don't know why your still going on about it like a wining b@T@H!!

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
1. is not hiding anything what so ever .. or the minute had would have been positioned @12
2 oblivious this is a major dial flaw if his qc department where trying to cover that up which they never did as you don't need a loop to see that !

so my point being is ...the qc department were hiding anything .. well there not here ! and don't know why your still going on about it like a wining b@T@H!!

+1

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

...because he is a whining bitch

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10

No. Nothing is hidden on this pictue.
But are you saying you believe that the photo guy didn't notice this crap @12?
Really?
What was he hoping for sending you this picture? THAT YOU ARE A SUCKER!

And this is my point. That they treat us as if we are all naive suckers.

EOT from me (and my cousin).