• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheating at QC pictures?

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Hi guys. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything - I'm just wondering what is your opinion.

I just received the watch from my favourite trusted dealer - I love this guy and I'm not going to discredit his reputation. I bought many watches from him before.
After quick examination I've discovered an obvious flaw:

20130829_105754.jpg

I was surprised that I hadn't noticed it at the QC pictures received from the dealer. So I checked the QC pics again and what I saw? This:

img_4727.JPG

Now it's obvious why I didn't spot it.

What do you think guys - just an coincidence or simple cheating?

The dealer offered me the way to resolve the problem - this is not the point. But he also said something that made me laugh - "oh.. the rep dial are usually like that to be honest, we didnt hide the flaw as sometime very hard to check the watch for all small detail"
Would you believe it?

ps. It's a wonderful rep BTW!

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
sucks, but i think you could do a little white paint touch up on that with some skill.

jessen007

Known Member
11/8/13
yea... Its a smart way to hide the dial flaws.... I think its cheating!!!! IVe noticed some TD take pics of watches in tilted angle when the Datewheel is not aligned... Trust me, they know the flaws of the watch they are taking pics... They do this for a living.... Im sure you got more than one QC pic... the minute hand could not be in the same position for all the pics, also check the second hand to see if thats moving too

Im glad your not too upset... I would be furious... no one likes to feel cheated..

Robotomic

25/4/12
The minute hand is exactly covering the flaw.

Simple math, there are 60 minutes every hour so 1/60 chance that it was an honest mistake. 59/60 chance that it was a way to hide the flaw...

Pretty nasty imo...

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
OOOOOOOH thats either naughty, or could be an honest mistake, if you have done lots of business before is it likely hed try it on?? who knows, sometimes were quick to jump on the im getting fooked here!! id give benefit of the doubt.

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
I dunno whether is it the same dealer but this is the second time in a week that something like this happen to a member here. Honestly, I really wanna say that it is not a coincidence but I have nothing to prove it.

So we can only take it as a honest mistake, give them benefit of doubt, accept what the dealer offer you to solve this problem and move on. Whether next time you still wanna deal with this dealer or not is up to you to decide.

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
The minute hand is exactly covering the flaw.

Simple math, there are 60 minutes every hour so 1/60 chance that it was an honest mistake. 59/60 chance that it was a way to hide the flaw...

Pretty nasty imo...

Good point! That was also my logic.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yep had that happen to me too.....

Sm8Mrxl.jpg

AwDwoef.jpg

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
This is ridiculous...
But this Breitling case makes me sure that this it the common practise among dealers.
What a shame.... :/

nycgtr

Renowned Member
18/4/12
Always ask for a different time and date on your qc pics, all I can really say. While not always intentional it's just a precaution.

Reactions: Tschacko

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
2nd time I've seen this recently, disappointing tbh

Sent from my iPhone 5 Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
I dunno whether is it the same dealer but this is the second time in a week that something like this happen to a member here. Honestly, I really wanna say that it is not a coincidence but I have nothing to prove it.

+1
I also saw this thread this week. Interesting.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
did you shoot an email to the dealer? show him the close up pic of the dial, and the QC pic you received. How are you suppose to see when the hands are blocking..coincident? too coincident isn't it!?

it's unacceptable imo, i would ship it back for an exchange. I hope the runners would open their eyes big enuff to reject flaws, but not move the hands to take cover the flaws and pass on to customers..:picard:

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Sneaky Bastard!

I blame the photographer first- Ryan needs to be aware that this is happening. If it's Ryan who did it himself, then he and every dealer that does it needs to be called out and held accountable. You're not doing us or yourself any favors by protecting him.

WatchEden was Photoshopping QC pics. It was brought to the attention of the forum and they admitted doing it, apologized and promised not to do it any further.

Using watch hands to cover defects is a poor man's Photoshop and a warning needs to be issued to a trusted dealer about this practice.