• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
I’ve been reviewing these BP Subs and I’m wondering if one could be a good replacement for a BK WM9 Sub. It does seem that the gold on the BK is better quality/lasts longer but what about the rest of the watch? Dimensions, shape, etc.

Eames

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/5/24
Hey man... sorry, just take a few minutes to read my posts and @KJ2020 in this thread. It will save you a lot of frustration.
Basically, you need a crystal press and a special die to press the crystal and the retaining ring back on. I ended up buying a datejust rep bezel from eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/142894860301) and used it as a press die to set the retaining ring. The DJ bezel was a perfect fit after trying a few other options.

It looks like you also smashed the hytrel gasket (which fits inside the bezel) so you'll have to either get a replacement or use fishing line as an alternative.

The first thing you need to do is understand how this whole thing works and what are the bezel assembly parts.

This should help:

You need to do is separate the crystal, the plastic crystal gasket and the metal retaining ring from the bezel. You'll need a crystal press to do that. You then need to refit the crystal and gasket on the case and press the retaining ring to secure it on the case.

Also read these post here:

Thanks a lot a man :)

Reaps

Currently a Seadweller Enthusiast
25/9/22
I’ve been reviewing these BP Subs and I’m wondering if one could be a good replacement for a BK WM9 Sub. It does seem that the gold on the BK is better quality/lasts longer but what about the rest of the watch? Dimensions, shape, etc.
BP and GMF gold plating best in business

Well you only have BP as a choice now for these BP subs, they're great for the price but don't expect VSF level quality

BP subs has many non gen aspects, you can't fit gen dial or bezel in it without modification

Regards to gen, I think it's fine but the finer details such as print and crown guard shape, as well as bezel assembly is non gen spec, date font not quite there, etc

The 16613LB specifically the dial is a little too purple in some conditions but won't affect enjoyment tbh

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
Anyone else get weird timegrapher readings with their BP?

I have two and serviced them. They were fine when movements were out of case, but after casing them up, i get a lot of trace lines and erratic beat errors in various positions.

I suspect it is a fitting issue with the case clamps/mount where it’s causing the stem to bend or something else is rubbing on something, but havent been able to pin point the problem yet.
But definitely there is a bit of wiggle room between the movement and the mount, and BP seems to have just slapped some double sided tape.

alvesaw

Known Member
Certified
6/6/23
EU
Hi guys - sorry to ask. What is the currently consensus between BP and ARF? Which one has a better cost benefit?

xray7

Amateur Rhetoric Wrangler
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
Hi guys - sorry to ask. What is the currently consensus between BP and ARF? Which one has a better cost benefit?
If you’ll do nothing to a 16610LN, you may be happy with either ARF/RAF, or the cheaper BP.

If you want any gold, the only way short of custom on ARF/RAF is work up from the BPs.

You can also get the 5 digits with that absolutely awful rehaut engraving on those models ARF/RAF makes, if for some reason you’d actually want an engraved rehaut.

If you’re going to want to customise a 16610LN in ways which are not straight forward - that is to say, you can switch out the hands easily, the case can be reshaped, but if you go beyond that (eg, dial) you need ARF/RAF regardless, as by all accounts the BP‘s dimensions in the places where it counts are not sufficiently close to gen to allow drop in of gen spec components.

Last edited:

alvesaw

Known Member
Certified
6/6/23
EU
If you’ll do nothing to it - you may be happy with either ARF/RAF, or the cheaper BP.

You can also get the 5 digits with that absolutely awful rehaut engraving on those models ARF/RAF makes, if for some reason you’d actually want an engraved rehaut.

If you’re going to want to customise it, you need ARF/RAF regardless, as by all accounts the BP case is not close to gen.
Thanks for the detailed response. I’ll put an order with a TD tomorrow. Cheers mate

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer

Porkroll

Getting To Know The Place
28/3/14
I have read this thread in it's entirety, it is full of a ton of great information - thank you to all of the members who have contributed. I have been eying a Kermit for a while, I do not plan on modifying the watch. The ARF on Jtime looks nice (with out rehault engraving). What would you chose, the BP or ARF 16610LV?

If i keep going back and forth as far as the LV factory, I am just getting a BP 16610LN😂

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Alot of members seem to really like the BP LN - was the one you enjoyed a new/current rendition or was it an older version?
It was the older version with the SH3135 which I swapped with a VR3135. From the looks of the current offering, it is not that far away from it. I bought mine pre-COVID.