• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

rolexianer

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/12/23
Germany
I actually looked into it on Rolex forums and a few watches on Chrono24. Seems the Y serial were the last to have lug holes which is 2002.
The 16610LV - Y series is a holy grail in collectors circles and it has no lug holes.

But can be different for the 16610, not many Y series there and as always there is no strict rule, Rolex took out of the shelfes what was in there during some months of changing the cases.

Reactions: dk2852 and Nur-Uhr

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
FYI only. As stated erlier in this thread, BP serial i 2008.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
@KJ2020 looks like BP's new bezel assembly is just like 6 digits instead of using weird wired. I think I have seen someone use the Ginault OR2 case and 5 digit gen bezel assembly together. You think this is feasible?

Reactions: dk2852

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I leave update photos here, what do you think?
Well this is very interesting. Can you measure the OD of the insert? It looks like it might be gen-spec (37.65mm). That would be a very big upgrade for BP. Also the bezel not being held onto the case with a circlip and the crystal gasket being full height are nice improvements. There is also a standalone crystal retaining ring, and presumably a hytrel ring.

Hopefully there isn't a wire clip between the bezel and the retaining ring, that would not be fun. The gap there looks a little big in one area.
HNWyKD.jpeg

I always separate the bezel from the retaining ring before re-pressing the crystal, though it is possible to do so with those parts together as they are in your pics. It can be easy or not so much depending on the thickness of the crystal gasket and the space alloted for it.

And while not correct for model, the springs and balls bezel is superior even to the gen 5 digit arrangement. Just look at all the issues with the RAFARF 5 digit bezels. Coupled with a VR3136, this rep is putting in a bid for sleeper of the year right here at the end.

Since this is essentially a 6 digit bezel maybe some would find my 6-digit Sub crystal and bezel swap thread useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsullivan

analogwailer

Getting To Know The Place
3/9/18
Well this is very interesting. Can you measure the OD of the insert? It looks like it might be gen-spec (37.65mm). That would be a very big upgrade for BP. Also the bezel not being held onto the case with a circlip and the crystal gasket being full height are nice improvements. There is also a standalone crystal retaining ring, and presumably a hytrel ring.

Hopefully there isn't a wire clip between the bezel and the retaining ring, that would not be fun. The gap there looks a little big in one area.
HNWyKD.jpeg

I always separate the bezel from the retaining ring before re-pressing the crystal, though it is possible to do so with those parts together as they are in your pics. It can be easy or not so much depending on the thickness of the crystal gasket and the space alloted for it.

And while not correct for model, the springs and balls bezel is superior even to the gen 5 digit arrangement. Just look at all the issues with the RAFARF 5 digit bezels. Coupled with a VR3136, this rep is putting in a bid for sleeper of the year right here at the end.

Since this is essentially a 6 digit bezel maybe some would find my 6-digit Sub crystal and bezel swap thread useful.
The OD of the insert is 37.6mm I put gen LN bezel on it I think it'll snap in with good hard press haven't try yet need to fix the marker at 9:00.
Yes it uses retaining ring and it works with crystal and gasket from VS116610 I've tried but the BP's look nice so I keep it.
The bezel is smaller than a 6 digit .

Carrick1

30/8/15
Trusty time email on website not working keeps bouncing back any other way to contact ?

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Anything that should/can be updated with gen parts? I have a LN on the way.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I found the thread! Ginault OR2 with a JF 16610 bezel assembly mounted. If BP can take the gen bezel assembly I think this is way better for franken base rather than ARF/RAF.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Or maybe 2007? M serial numbers were used both years.
Indeed, but M will have a much higher probability of being a 2008 model.
M was only used for the very last production line of 2007.