• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
@johnlogan
Nice nice ... overall good looking pieces.
SEL = really nice for the TwoTone models - amazing
Lugs = same as SEL
CG = looking amazing
Insert = you have nice ones on your pieces.

Gold color as I can see on your pic = as BP did it in the past (for their DD) = looking really good.
Dear Nur-Uhr

Both the TT has a very nice SEL, lug & CG construction. Dial and insert also looks good. The updated blue dial is now closer to GEN vs older models. Black dial have slightly weaker print. Gold plating on the TT looks good. Bezel gold color looks GEN. Insert is also very nice on both.

For the 16618 ( full gold ) the plating has a slight green hue that screams REP. I might send that out for replating.

All in all very happy.

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
HRwzmK.jpeg

HRwHS1.jpeg

HRw3Cv.jpeg

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Looking good, rock with 3 watches office time :p

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Amazing. How is the bezel construction? Is it gen like or does it have that silly wire holding it on. More pics please - the full gold one needs to have a cocktail / hooker in the pic. 👍
2 out of 3 have the GEN bezel clicks. The last one has a typical REP click sound. All bezels have correct crystal height and zero play. All very firm. Solid craftsman ship. Imho they are better vs older BPs. Crystal / cyclops is also better on the new batch.

I actually just had a mid-day-out-of-office hooker session. She spotted the Rolex but did not say anything. Just got back and ready to work.

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
So far, I’m impressed. I didn’t expect anything significant happening in the five digit spectrum but these look really good.

Xander8356

Getting To Know The Place
21/10/18
The bracelet mid links are not fully plated.. plated at the SEL but if you look close on the hollow midlinks it’s only plated on the top and bottom. I used clean factory two tone bracelet and used omega spring bars (more flexible) to put the bracelet to add some weight and used the original deployment buckle and it works.. photos coming