• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The ARF at its price point is bullshit guys. Worst value for money on a rep ever - except those bullshit new Daytonas which are 99.999% wrong.

And it’s not even ARF. It’s some mid-tier pretender.

Reactions: johnlogan

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
… I for one are thrilled to obtain the 5 VR at $300! I’m gonna wear the shit out of mine. I have the previous ARF release with the POS SH with low yield PR and BP is the new news.
Hf3881.gif

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
The ARF at its price point is bullshit guys. Worst value for money on a rep ever - except those bullshit new Daytonas which are 99.999% wrong.

And it’s not even ARF. It’s some mid-tier pretender.
For sure! New ARF is not the old ARF, as you say, it’s a poser ! Piggybacking on others success.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
I always thought BP and GMF did a good job on gold and two-tones but that sub looks anaemic. On the other hand, I’ve found very pale faux gold seems to improve (become richer) with use.
Let’s hope so!

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
If you have the GEN and you are happy with that why do you chase those affordable REPs that will never reach GEN level ?
I have gens too. Lots of us do. I’m enjoying a hobby and the fun is in the process.

A good analogy would be a model railroader. Their model trains are not real and will never be real but that doesn’t stop them from spending hours, and tons of money, on the smallest detail.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I think we may be slipping into a pissing war here. Let’s recall this thread started with a discussion on BP’s release of a new version of their old 5-digit subs with the VR3135 clone movement and some midcase and bezel upgrades. On those, this offering clearly delivers. Is it gen-perfect? Hell no! But it’s a better than decent out of the box watch and a very good jumping off point for a novice modder with a low cost of entry. As the title of the thread says, it also comes with a very decent 3135 clone movement.
Indeed. 🙏👍🙏
There is always that guy in a thread that derails the topic. It's ok not to like BP 5digits
No need to spoil it for the others

I find them really nice and not many options anyway out there at this price/quality...none actually

Last edited:
Reactions: flashu and Slugger