• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
HR7Wgn.jpeg
HRGX9p.gif

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
with all due respect, but all this doesn't seem amazing to me. You can easily see that they are reps. The price difference with ARF is justified, the difference in quality is visible.

certainly for that price it is a nice piece, but it didn't convince me and I took ARF

Reactions: mcboom

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
with all due respect, but all this doesn't seem amazing to me. You can easily see that they are reps. The price difference with ARF is justified, the difference in quality is visible.

certainly for that price it is a nice piece, but it didn't convince me and I took ARF
You have a very keen eye !

• Haha
Reactions: Zen_der

Reaps

Currently a Seadweller Enthusiast
25/9/22
I’ve a 14060 gen ;)
You're not wrong, BP is cheap, but ARF for the price imho is not worth it. ARF still needs a decent amount of work to be ok, and for the price of a VSF sub, when considering it, you must either really love the 5 digit, or be willing to put in some extra money and grease work (and at that point why not just go Viet case build?)

BP however, for the price, and what it offers, is supreme value. It's "cheap" but on wrist it would fool 99% of people. Even off wrist and in hand it would fool 70-80% of the population. For basically 2 BP subs = 1 VSF sub they're very fun.

Anyways, the point of a rep is to save money is it not?

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I think we may be slipping into a pissing war here. Let’s recall this thread started with a discussion on BP’s release of a new version of their old 5-digit subs with the VR3135 clone movement and some midcase and bezel upgrades. On those, this offering clearly delivers. Is it gen-perfect? Hell no! But it’s a better than decent out of the box watch and a very good jumping off point for a novice modder with a low cost of entry. As the title of the thread says, it also comes with a very decent 3135 clone movement.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
thanks for being a legend @johnlogan by biting the bullet and ordering those three. you're a bad influence though as i was longing for a nice two tone classic sub and now i ordered those three as well 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Nur-Uhr