• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
@Zen_der Only available with rehaut engraved.
Again, I am not an expert but my understanding is that rehaut engraving for all Subs began in 2007. It's been mentioned that the BP case has an "M" serial number, which is a production date between 2007 and 2008, when the rehaut was engraved. Constrained by other features, the case could be modified to rep an earlier date by, among other date specific mods, removal of the rehaut engraving.

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer

Xander8356

Getting To Know The Place
21/10/18
I purchased this and all the reviews are spot on. Does anyone know if there an upgraded bracelet option? It does feel a bit flimsy. I don’t have a gen to compare but will Gen bracelet fit?

Where can I get an upgraded rep bracelet?

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I purchased this and all the reviews are spot on. Does anyone know if there an upgraded bracelet option? It does feel a bit flimsy. I don’t have a gen to compare but will Gen bracelet fit?

Where can I get an upgraded rep

that’s how they are. Even the Gen bracelet) They are flimsy. The bracelet doesn’t get better until about 2008 or whenever the 116610 ceramic came out.

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
You guys have mad skills on this stuff. Tons of really good information here. Lots of love being shown here for BP. Does BP offer other movements for these or just the 3135? Does anyone know if a sellita would fit? I’ve seen other BP’s with a2836 movements but they’re only a couple of hundred bucks and I’m not that lucky.

Reactions: dax007

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
You guys have mad skills on this stuff. Tons of really good information here. Lots of love being shown here for BP. Does BP offer other movements for these or just the 3135? Does anyone know if a sellita would fit? I’ve seen other BP’s with a2836 movements but they’re only a couple of hundred bucks and I’m not that lucky.
They make a 2836 version but the date wheel position on the dial is wrong. Just get the VR3135.

Reactions: Zeta7

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
They make a 2836 version but the date wheel position on the dial is wrong. Just get the VR3135.
Thanks man. That’s great advice man. You saved me from attending another semester at the school of hard knocks. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: mcboom

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Thanks man. That’s great advice man. You saved me from attending another semester at the school of hard knocks. 👍
You bet. I too prefer 2836/2824 reps but, if it's a VS or VR3135, they're just as good.

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
You bet. I too prefer 2836/2824 reps but, if it's a VS or VR3135, they're just as good.
The 28xx watches offer some advantages that the others don’t. I like the idea of being able to drop a sellita movement in my favorites. However I’ve gotten enough reps now that it doesn’t matter as much.

Xander8356

21/10/18
that’s how they are. Even the Gen bracelet) They are flimsy. The bracelet doesn’t get better until about 2008 or whenever the 116610 ceramic came out.
Correct but the 116610 bracelet doesn’t fit, I tried with a clean factory bracelet

• Sad
Reactions: dk2852

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The 28xx watches offer some advantages that the others don’t. I like the idea of being able to drop a sellita movement in my favorites. However I’ve gotten enough reps now that it doesn’t matter as much.
The problem with BP is on their Subs, the implementation with a 28XX is lousy.

These are mine. On the SD4K they got the date font and window position correct by using an overlay. Mine has a 2824, which I replaced with a gen ETA. But if you look at the BP submariner with 2824, you'll see the date position is 2mm too far to the right, and both the shape of the window and font are wrong. I don't wear the Sub, as its quite obviously wrong. I've been meaning to turn this into a LN no date for ages - just haven't got round to it yet...

It used to be that cloned movements were crap, or difficult to find - but thats not the case anymore.

IMG-8912.jpg

Last edited:

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
The problem with BP is on their Subs, the implementation with a 28XX is lousy.

These are mine. On the SD4K they got the date font and window position correct by using an overlay. Mine has a 2824, which I replaced with a gen ETA. But if you look at the BP submariner with 2824, you'll see the date position is 2mm too far to the right, and both the shape of the window and font are wrong. I don't wear the Sub, as its quite obviously wrong. I've been meaning to turn this into a LN no date for ages - just haven't got round to it yet...

It used to be that cloned movements were crap, or difficult to find - but thats not the case anymore.

IMG-8912.jpg
You saved me man. I had no idea the BP 28xx subs had those issues. I became a 28xx supporter when I tried to get a vs3235 movement serviced in my small town.

Xander8356

21/10/18
I was wrong earlier - for these BP two tones, the clean bracelet fits, I used smaller spring bars (more flexible)from my Aqua Terra— no jiggle . I ordered a Gen deployment clasp to add to it. Once I get that all together I’ll share photos.

hollywoodrollie

12/12/23
I put gen LN insert on it
How do you remove the bezel? Does it pop off using a bezel knife? I have an LN on the way but I might get a gen bezel for it.
I QCed it at 4am and didn't notice the lume pip is a little crooked... anyways :)

Here's the QC pic.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
How do you remove the bezel? Does it pop off using a bezel knife? I have an LN on the way but I might get a gen bezel for it.
I QCed it at 4am and didn't notice the lume pip is a little crooked... anyways :)

Here's the QC pic.

A quite good piece !!
Looks nice,
Datewheel-font, dial (really spot on), CG, SELs are all looking good.
Also the crystal seems to look better - not such big visible LEC as most BP have (instant tell)

Get the insert changed and perfect

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer

analogwailer

3/9/18
Yes, I think it'll pop off using a bezel knife due to retaining ring sit above bezel but do care for tiny click springs.
At first time I pushed out from the back of crystal and I see it can be used case knife too.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
@johnlogan
Nice nice ... overall good looking pieces.
SEL = really nice for the TwoTone models - amazing
Lugs = same as SEL
CG = looking amazing
Insert = you have nice ones on your pieces.

Gold color as I can see on your pic = as BP did it in the past (for their DD) = looking really good.