• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
I can't believe it man, I was thinking about this solution last night lol. You are a genius. The problem is that he will only seem heavy on the bracelet… a little unbalanced imho

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
I can't believe it man, I was thinking about this solution last night lol. You are a genius. The problem is that he will only seem heavy on the bracelet… a little unbalanced imho
Its all silly , I know,

I did this exercise with a circular cut lead sheet that I glued to the inside of the case back in the past. Added 5.2 grams. If I can add another 5 grams with a “stuffed bracelet” I might get close the 16613 GEN weight. I think a heavier bracelet will balance out the watch perfectly.

GEN Weight for ref

16613 - 148 grams
16618 - 175 grams

Reactions: Zen_der

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
Its all silly , I know,

I did this exercise with a circular cut lead sheet that I glued to the inside of the case back in the past. Added 5.2 grams. If I can add another 5 grams with a “stuffed bracelet” I might get close the 16613 GEN weight. I think a heavier bracelet will balance out the watch perfectly.

GEN Weight for ref

16613 - 148 grams
16618 - 175 grams
Post pics if you can because I don't understand. Weight of 16610 ?

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Its all silly , I know,

GEN Weight for ref

16613 - 148 grams
16618 - 175 grams

Some info regarding ONLY bracelets:
A GEN 93153 YG/SS bracelet with clasp and endlinks has = 68 g
Please note - the older 93153 (hollow endlinks) is lighter than the newer 93253 bracelet

A GEN 93250 SS with ARF clasp has = 58 g

@Zen_der here regarding a 16610
And a 16610 (lug hole model with 93150 bracelet and two links removed) has = 123 g
(Please note - older hollow endlink bracelet not the SEL 93250!)

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I can’t wait to get mine and see how they look. Would be nice if they went with a solid middle link for the gold models. For the crystal, Clarke makes a “total AR” submariner crystal with full (single side) under side AR. I’ve got one on the 16800 and it’s pretty nice.

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I can’t wait to get mine and see how they look. Would be nice if they went with a solid middle link for the gold models. For the crystal, Clarke makes a “total AR” submariner crystal with full (single side) under side AR. I’ve got one on the 16800 and it’s pretty nice.

I’ve been very happy with Clark Crystals and (anticipating some may ask) they do come with LEC. You used to have to request the LEC but I think they all come that way now.

Clark also includes a very nice crystal gasket (your choice of height) but I always order additional gaskets. Having a quiver of gaskets is handy to have if you want to adjust the crystal height and/or cyclops magnification.

Lolcat9995

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
31/5/23
UK
Sorry everyone, I've been digging through the BP and ARF threads to try and answer my own question but I can't be sure...
For 16610LV, what are the pros/cons of each factory and which is best overall ootb.
Not sure the ARF is worth about $150 USD more?
I think movement, crystal, bracelet are probably the most important factors for me as I will not be comparing to gen, just want something which will stand up to day to day wear.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Sorry everyone, I've been digging through the BP and ARF threads to try and answer my own question but I can't be sure...
For 16610LV, what are the pros/cons of each factory and which is best overall ootb.
I think movement, crystal, bracelet are probably the most important factors for me as I will not be comparing to gen, just want something which will stand up to day to day wear.
IMHO ARF ( if in stock ) looks better, more scrip, better crystal and dial.

Reactions: dk2852

Onoratoa54

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
29/1/19
I prefer bp,the sel Is nice,Dial Is Better,and the crown guard Is good too.
The most important part in a replica Is the recessed sel 😜

Reactions: Carrick1

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I’ve been very happy with Clark Crystals and (anticipating some may ask) they do come with LEC. You used to have to request the LEC but I think they all come that way now.

I feel it worth following up on this. The LEC is not appropriate for all five digit Submariner builds. I believe Rolex started using the LEC on no-date Submariners in 2001 and then used it for the rest beginning in late 2002-2003.

Reactions: 5digit4ever

dk2852

2/2/22
I feel it worth following up on this. The LEC is not appropriate for all five digit Submariner builds. I believe Rolex started using the LEC on no-date Submariners in 2001 and then used it for the rest beginning in late 2002-2003.

Then all the no holes cases should be using an LEC. I believe 2003 is when the no-holes cases came out as well?

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Then all the no holes cases should be using an LEC. I believe 2003 is when the no-holes cases came out as well?
I think it was earlier. More like 2000 when the holes disappeared but I’m not an expert by any stretch. Trying to keep track of all the dates and changes…LEC, lug holes, rehaut engraving, crown gards, bevels…I guess that’s what makes the 16610 Subs so interesting and the elite artists modding these watches so impressive.

Reactions: flashu

dk2852

2/2/22
I think it was earlier. More like 2000 when the holes disappeared but I’m not an expert by any stretch. Trying to keep track of all the dates and changes…LEC, lug holes, rehaut engraving, crown gards, bevels…I guess that’s what makes the 16610 Subs so interesting and the elite artists modding these watches so impressive.
I actually looked into it on Rolex forums and a few watches on Chrono24. Seems the Y serial were the last to have lug holes which is 2002.

Reactions: Onoratoa54