• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

dk2852

2/2/22
I received a BP 16600 yesterday with the new movement and had issues immediately. I thought it was DOA initially and it would stop ticking intermittently. Sometimes it would only tick while I was winding it.
I started to disassemble the movement and it began ticking as I unscrewed the movement holder screw. It's now running great so apparently a problem with the screw being too tight? Very unusual but definitely something to keep an eye out for.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I received a BP 16600 yesterday with the new movement and had issues immediately. I thought it was DOA initially and it would stop ticking intermittently. Sometimes it would only tick while I was winding it.
I started to disassemble the movement and it began ticking as I unscrewed the movement holder screw. It's now running great so apparently a problem with the screw being too tight? Very unusual but definitely something to keep an eye out for.
I saw something a bit similar with a Ali Omega build. The spacer was pushing against dial and movement when the caseback was screwed in. Seems that this was interfering with the movement and straining the stem

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Ran into a similar problem but it was a 🤬 deco plate on a GMF 3235. Screwing down the plate brought the watch to a screeching halt. I think either the train wheel bridge or winding bridge was being “warped” by the deco. Oh…did I mention I’m looking for VS3235?😄

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Did you just losen the screw and keep it in place ?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Ran into a similar problem but it was a 🤬 deco plate on a GMF 3235. Screwing down the plate brought the watch to a screeching halt. I think either the train wheel bridge or winding bridge was being “warped” by the deco. Oh…did I mention I’m looking for VS3235?😄
Bummer. Did you end up removing the deco and use the watch as a winding piece for now ? The GMF 3235 is the same as the SA3135, me thinks.

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Bummer. Did you end up removing the deco and use the watch as a winding piece for now ? The GMF 3235 is the same as the SA3135, me thinks.
I just stuck the watch, an otherwise very nice Sea-Dweller, in a drawer. No, nothing resembled the 3135. Have no clue what the base movement is. But meanwhile, back to the 5-digit subs…that’s what brought us here.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
A perfect plan (y)
Love to see the results from your "15years" gold sub.
HvRt4c.jpeg

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Have you thought about using magnets and steel toed shoes? As long as the watch + magnets are close to your shoes, your watch will feel heavy.

Another benefit is you’ll never be late to an appointment…ever!

Genius!