• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
you see the font of the name of a poster here in red bold? The letter thickness is 0.5mm.

On a wrist, with everyone having different ways of wearing the bracelet, tight or loose...no way you can see 0.5mm thickness diff.
99% agree when the thickness is below the midcase but above maybe. Not so much the deviation but the relative deviation. A thick bezel and/or high riding crystal might be noticed relative to the contiguous parts but anything below that…not so much IMO. Of course my examples would be easily fixed ergo I 100% agree it’s not going to sway me one way or the other.

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
99% agree when the thickness is below the midcase but above maybe. Not so much the deviation but the relative deviation. A thick bezel and/or high riding crystal might be noticed relative to the contiguous parts but anything below that…not so much IMO. Of course my examples would be easily fixed ergo I 100% agree it’s not going to sway me one way or the other.

speaking of crystal, how are we doing with BP? Is it flush or raised?

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Still fascinated with the Ailbaba case Sillan is selling. I’d love some feedback because I’m sooooo close to pulling the trigger but I’ve grown a bit cautious when it comes to being the first to grab something (or, in this case, two somethings) on either of the Ali sites. Unfortunately, things there are not always as they appear.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Still fascinated with the Ailbaba case Sillan is selling. I’d love some feedback because I’m sooooo close to pulling the trigger but I’ve grown a bit cautious when it comes to being the first to grab something (or, in this case, two somethings) on either of the Ali sites. Unfortunately, things there are not always as they appear.
@Timmer bought it and made a build, I saw on another thread

Reactions: Slugger

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Ordered the LN but got this, and I don’t bother to change honestly so here we go!

Imho I think this looks great. Yes the pearl sits low and 50 is kissing the bezel but everything else looks great. A new insert is obtainable. Also a 15 year old watch might also have a service insert like yours, or we can pretend LOL

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
My pearl sits a bit higher.
HvO8t3.jpeg

Mr.Swackhammer

On the hunt
Certified
5/1/17
The North, Europe
Imho I think this looks great. Yes the pearl sits low and 50 is kissing the bezel but everything else looks great. A new insert is obtainable. Also a 15 year old watch might also have a service insert like yours, or we can pretend LOL
I’ll go for a banged up insert and dial. Case back looks a bit thick on photos but we will see when it arrives.

Reactions: johnlogan

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
@Mr.Swackhammer and @johnlogan
to be very honest - both are looking quite good.
Put in another insert and really nice ... a big tell is the crystal with the too big and too visible LEC.
Another crystal would do a good job, just change for some clarks, ARF, swiss quality aftermarket and fine (y)

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
@Mr.Swackhammer and @johnlogan
to be very honest - both are looking quite good.
Put in another insert and really nice ... a big tell is the crystal with the too big and too visible LEC.
Another crystal would do a good job, just change for some clarks, ARF, swiss quality aftermarket and fine (y)
I agree Nur-Uhr a new Xtal will make this "pop" a bit more and remove the LEC visibility. Regarding the insert, I can live with that. I might fade mine a bit as I have been wearing the watch on and off again for 15 years. Same as Mr.Swackhammer.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
I agree Nur-Uhr a new Xtal will make this "pop" a bit more and remove the LEC visibility. Regarding the insert, I can live with that. I might fade mine a bit as I have been wearing the watch on and off again for 15 years. Same as Mr.Swackhammer.
A perfect plan (y)
Love to see the results from your "15years" gold sub.

• Love
Reactions: johnlogan