• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[3K factory] PP Aquanaut 5167 rep vs. gen

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Looks absolutely stunning here, lovely finishing on the movement, bevelled edges are great. This is a must have for me, just need to save up some money!

DC

Save for engraving one ! CNY 11 January..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jvevermind

6/3/17
Save for engraving one ! CNY 11 January..

What do you mean ? That they will release the engraved version that day ?

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
What do you mean ? That they will release the engraved version that day ?

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Sure there’s engraving one all this effort and super clone and no engraving! , Kobe announced ZF will buy this movement..

Reactions: vcappp

Watcherswatch

Known Member
16/6/16
This remains to be seen IMO. We still do not know much about the 3K factory, it's origin and it's connections to other factories if any. I don't see why 3KF would sell it's movements to the competition.

I thought so as well at first. Aquanaut with same thickness with rep movement definitely can be exciting enough for the ZF who's shown superior quality from it 15400 AP. I think because 3K is fairly new, it could make more sense to sell the movement expensive enough that they, 3K themselves, have a price that can be far more interesting than ZF will ever offer. Also cashing in the development cost of the movement in order to improve and sell the V2 and V3 for a competitive price could be a better long term chance for a new factory... Only my opinion though :)

Reactions: vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Selling the movement to a 3rd factory won‘t solve the lack of engravings - typically movements and especially clones are assembled by a different specialized manufacturer who has nothing to do with branding and stuff on the movement in the first place.

...as it is illegal in china.

After the production the whole assembled movement is sent to the assembler of the watch itself (most of the time the factory name we know) who leaves his footprint on the movement in form of the repped brand.

So far so good - pad printing on an assembled movement isn‘t a big deal.
We can see the same on the immaculate looking clone of the omega calibre from VSF - which is decent in many ways but comes with printed words on the main parts rather than engravings/etchings.

engraving the assembled parts is another story - there is no way to keep the movements inside clean during this engraving process - means it has to be disassembled, cleaned and so on.

unless ZF or 3K or who ever is responsible for this clone gets the movement manufacturer to break some more rules (after breaking several patents) to engrave this heavy hitter i doubt we will see an engraved version from ZF...

maybe that makes sense.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
i doubt we will see an engraved version from ZF...

It has been already reported that ZF as well as PPF will engrave the movements that they will receive from the movement maker. That is off course IF they receive the movement.

I do hope that ZF, PPF and others do receive the new 324 SC clone movement because of their experience in manufacturing rep PP models. Some changes in their cases or completely new cases will have to be developed. 2020 will be an exciting year for PP fans.

Reactions: vcappp and XLR8R

BIONONE

28/4/17
It has been already reported that ZF as well as PPF will engrave the movements that they will receive from the movement maker. That is off course IF they receive the movement.

I do hope that ZF, PPF and others do receive the new 324 SC clone movement because of their experience in manufacturing rep PP models. Some changes in their cases or completely new cases will have to be developed. 2020 will be an exciting year for PP fans.

It was a rumor that ZF and PPF will use this movement nothing really confirmed by kobe24 - and in another post his statement seemed a bit confused as there were no real confirmations on the side of the factories.

another thing that could have lead to this confusion is the recently released PPF V3 with „a new movement“ which was basically only a bit more refined 9015... but as we all know the chinese people love to over exaggerate minor changes to boost sales.

I really hope that the big players use their technology and financial power to push this clone but as for now it is a bit uncertain...

Reactions: vcappp and bill33

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
It was a rumor that ZF and PPF will use this movement nothing really confirmed by kobe24 - and in another post his statement seemed a bit confused as there were no real confirmations on the side of the factories.

another thing that could have lead to this confusion is the recently released PPF V3 with „a new movement“ which was basically only a bit more refined 9015... but as we all know the chinese people love to over exaggerate minor changes to boost sales.

I really hope that the big players use their technology and financial power to push this clone but as for now it is a bit uncertain...

In fact Kobe has confirmed to me quite the opposite of what is being discussed above, he says ZF can’t get the movement, so I’m not sure where the speculation that he had said otherwise has come from?!

Either way, movement printing aside, I think this rep looks extremely promising. Comparing the case and caseback dimensions and relative sizing to the gen it is a lot closer than the ZF, also the ZF seems to have almost too thin profile on the crown guards but this 3K looks to be spot on.

Personally I doubt the movement print is even an issue at arms length, but I appreciate that the point of a clone movement is that you can spend time looking at it, so I understand why people are bothered by it. I think I’m going to pull the trigger also, the Aquanaut is IMO the greatest daily wearer Patek, and is a superior watch to the Nautilus in many ways, so a really good one is a must have for me!

DC

Reactions: phdsjain and bill33

BIONONE

28/4/17
_DC_ he stated in his particular thread that he heard about ZF and PPF potentially using this movement with engravings in the future... so from the first day just a rumor.

Now as it seems to be clarified - bring them other superb reps with this stunning clone to life haha

engravings would be the icing while all the polished chamfers are already the cherry on the cake ;)

Trusty has uploaded some decent pictures of all 3 5167 models.

is it just me or does this clone look surprisingly „clean“ without any dust etc as we usually see on 3135 clones etc. ?

(TRUSTY is NOT a TD here at RWI !)

PP0339B_16.jpg

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
In fact Kobe has confirmed to me quite the opposite of what is being discussed above, he says ZF can’t get the movement, so I’m not sure where the speculation that he had said otherwise has come from?!

Either way, movement printing aside, I think this rep looks extremely promising. Comparing the case and caseback dimensions and relative sizing to the gen it is a lot closer than the ZF, also the ZF seems to have almost too thin profile on the crown guards but this 3K looks to be spot on.

Personally I doubt the movement print is even an issue at arms length, but I appreciate that the point of a clone movement is that you can spend time looking at it, so I understand why people are bothered by it. I think I’m going to pull the trigger also, the Aquanaut is IMO the greatest daily wearer Patek, and is a superior watch to the Nautilus in many ways, so a really good one is a must have for me!

DC

Bad news , now we need to waiting for 3k 5711 and calatrava..

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

I am 99% sure the new 5711 with the clone movement will have

1. Too big protruding crown
2. Too thick bezel
3. Printed movement instead of engravings.

And then I really cant see why one should buy it if you already have a PPF V2 or V3.
For me it's not so interesting until these things are fixed. I would rather have a decorated miyota than a printed clone movement.

Reactions: Glaude

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK

Frankly I’m less excited by the Nautilus, having owned Nautilus’ and Aquanauts for many years and I almost always reach for the Aquanaut and almost never the Nautilus, but some more Calatravas would be nice, especially a 5107 (can’t believe the 5107 or 5127 haven’t been repped, virtually all other Calatrava references have been). A 5107j (yellow gold) would be my absolute dream dress watch!!

DC

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

2. Too thick bezel

And then I really cant see why one should buy it if you already have a PPF V2 or V3.
For me it's not so interesting until these things are fixed. I would rather have a decorated miyota than a printed clone movement.

3k aquanaut better than ZF , so 100% there’s 5711,
V6F =3k it’s mean this gen aquanaut in comparison from v6 Iwill wait for this maker even don’t like open case back , but this pp , I didn’t trust from first time ZF will use V6F clone project!

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

2. Too thick bezel

This is such a poor and ridiculous post ! Do you see the future ? Or do you actually work for Ppf factory to come up with such nonsense...

Stop embarrassing yourself would you... 3k factory has shown great dedication on this aquanaut release...

Making such statements is not on par with what this community is all about...

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
This is such a poor and ridiculous post ! Do you see the future ? Or do you actually work for Ppf factory to come up with such nonsense...

Stop embarrassing yourself would you... 3k factory has shown great dedication on this aquanaut release...

No, but we can see the flaws in the present Aquanaut, can't we? It's not flawless is it? And the movement, which it's all about is mostly printed, while the part on the balance cock are engraved. That looks kind of silly IMO.

I think i am trying to learn what this forum is about by contributing as good as i can. While you are running around the forum making newbie threads, asking to be spoonfed:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...passion-around
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ailable-please
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...t-and-nautilus
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...isseurs-please
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...15400-or-15202

And making threads that are - let's just put it nicely - not based on documentation or facts:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ies-marketeers

And this is only for the last half year. So please don't try to teach me what this forum is about.

And please mind your language next time you write to me. I won't take this kind of tone from you again. Take a deep breath, just because you are sitting behind a screen, it doesn't exempt you from common courtesy.

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK

Steady on, that was a bit uncalled for. It’s just an opinion, everyone’s got one. No need to start talking people down on the forum just for giving their opinion, after all that it what the whole point of a forum is, no?!

Agree with you about 3K factories efforts here though, personally printing is no issue for me, a clone of the 324SC has been a long time coming, I can’t wait to see it appear in more models!

DC

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
No, but we can see the flaws in the present Aquanaut, can't we? It's not flawless is it? And the movement, which it's all about is mostly printed, while the part on the balance cock are engraved. That looks kind of silly IMO.

I think i am trying to learn what this forum is about by contributing as good as i can. While you are running around the forum making newbie threads, asking to be spoonfed:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...passion-around
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ailable-please
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...t-and-nautilus
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...isseurs-please
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...15400-or-15202

And making threads that are - let's just put it nicely - not based on documentation or facts:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ies-marketeers

And this is only for the last half year. So please don't try to teach me what this forum is about.

And please mind your language next time you write to me. I won't take this kind of tone from you again. Take a deep breath, just because you are sitting behind a screen, it doesn't exempt you from common courtesy.

Whatever you say to help you sleep at night...

added to ignore list

Reactions: jm_brc_7057